Cute, fun virtual world with great safety measures.

Kid, 8 years old April 13, 2014

Disappointing

I once had Free Premium Membership and I was having fun and when it expired every Premium Member item I bought with stars got blocked! And the language isn't good either.They say ppl instead of people and plc instead of place! Terrible. Add me my name is Mimi69076.
Kid, 7 years old March 10, 2014

umm maybe good

I go on fantage everyday but when I go to downtown or uptown ppl say if you like me go to my house! that is CRAZY and I see ppl saying they like ppl! it is safe too because they have partys
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrightwing777 February 27, 2014

Pretty Good

I play this game in my free time with my BFFL. It has great chat safety features and is a good game for children. There are different events and fun games to play, you level up and try to buy clothing. However, many users think it's a dating website and some older ones use foul language past the filter. They give out Facebooks, Kik messenger accounts, etc. Also the difference between non members and members can be unfair, even if you pay for the game to get full access or not. At some times Fantage seems greedy and comes out with events that are scams just to get you to buy more ecoins, but overall, this is a good, fun game for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwingalaxies November 29, 2013

...

Its..not acceptable anymore for uh..Young children. As a -- year old myself, I think I have good grammar due to being educated. The website has grown. :/ The people on there will usually say, "owo" or maybe joke about inappropriate content. I suggest making your child go on lower servers, however, some groups decide to go on lower servers. STAY away from Yellow Yeti/White seal. Thats where some of the innapropriate things are. I suggest putting them on Safe Chat or getting with a friendly group of friends. Monitor your child's inventory, there are a few, "showing" things in there. Don't be too clingy with their account, however. Its a fun website, however I don't think it would be too good for learning if you left them alone. Most people are 12-16. For younger: Monitor a lot. Older: Give them a bit of freedom. My username is pikachu160 :D. Yes, I am not strict, I just like to talk with good grammar, and sorry if I'm a bit sarcastic/mean at times. I just hate wen pppl tlk like tis.
Teen, 13 years old Written by_wolf_ October 20, 2013

It's alright...

I think Premium Membership has gotten way out of hand. Nowadays, there is competition between Premium Members and Regular Members. Also, most of the clothes you can buy are for only for Premium Members. How unfair is that? But that's not all. People are constantly hacking into other users' accounts, stealing their items, and going through a lot of drama. One of my friends QUIT because she was cyber bullied on Fantage! But if you avoid this, you can find a safe and enjoyable world where you can meet many friends and play lots of games. You even can limit their chat to make your child's experience much safer. Fantage is a LOT of fun. But instead of Premium Membership, buy eCoins. With eCoined items, you can wear Premium items while being a regular member. Trust me, it's MUCH better.
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2013

Membership and ecoin problems

All of the good items require membership.The ads for buying premium membership are frustrating,why would they ask a 5 year old child to buy premium membership?Because they know that young children have no experience of knowing about people hacking into their parent's credit card and stealing all of their money.I myself have been playing on Fantage since 2011,and have not bought ecoins and membership and still had fun with all of the non-member items,and have earnt ecoins.Overall,Fantage is okay but demands young children to buy ecoins and membership way too often.
Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2011

Fun Site, Shopping Promoted

It's a very fun website, however shopping and advertising are rather overly promoted. Nothing innopropriate, but kids need to know how to watch their time on sites such as fantage.
Kid, 10 years old October 14, 2010
I have been on fantage for 2-3 years it has gotten so bad i just became a member and these boys called me fly and wanted to be with me (dating). It ok but still whatch out for your kids
Kid, 10 years old April 20, 2010
I think that fantage is awesome for kids but I think that the membership thing is unfair to kids whos parents dont want to waste that money.
Parent Written byfantageg April 24, 2015

Great site, but not good for young kids

It's an awesome site, pretty much, and the clothes are cute. There are events where you can get rare or limited items if you have stars/eCoins/gold and I think it's good that you can be rare and look awesome even if you aren't a member. However, if you're planning to buy something do NOT buy membership. All you get is extra stars and you can buy member items, but when the membership runs out you cannot use the items you bought with the mem stars. Buy gold or eCoins, because eCoined items can be used if you are a mem/non mem and gold can be used to purchase very rare items in Mymall. However, watch out while using gold because some people will scam by flash trading. As well, some items selling in mymall are premium member items and if you are a non you won't be able to use them. The new filter makes the chat options a lot better and people are still flipping out because their child is saying inappropriate stuff on Fantage! Seriously, parents, put your kid's account on safe chat then so they can only say pre-recorded messages! And as for the "Wuhn" stuff and the dating/sex on Fantage, if your kid is like 6-7 don't let them on the site at all! Parents are complaining that their kid is saying bad stuff or listening to bad stuff, and if your child is too young to listen to that sh*t then DELETE THE ACCOUNT AND BAN THEM FROM THE SITE. Your child/children are YOUR responsibility while it is NOT your responsibility to yell at every other person on the server who thinks its funny to swear or whatever! Deal with the problem and keep them on other virtual worlds. I've been playing Fantage for 4 years now and I've only seen a couple incidents involving swearing. Parents, stop complaining about the admins and other players. Tell your child they aren't allowed to play anymore. It's NOT THEIR PROBLEM.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrarimi July 1, 2014

Going Downhill

Honestly, I think Fantage is starting to get more and more unfair and inappropriate as the years come by. I'm starting to see users acting like they're adults, pretending to do stuff that is not appropriate for kids, and changing bad words so that they can say it and get around the not-so-good chat filter. I also think that Fantage is beginning to discriminate non-members and premium members by adding more activities for the premium ones and treating the nons like trash, causing most premium members to bully the nons. They will, in my opinion, try and drain your money. People also hack into other accounts, leaving some fantagians to lose their accounts they worked hard on. It's disappointing to see what has happened through Fantage over the past few years. I would NOT recommend this for your kids.
Kid, 9 years old May 3, 2014

hackers! hackers! hackers!

bad game. do not try. so heres the story. i was fashoin85 on this game 1 yr ago and my real life bff makinzeteenbaech was hacked by a random person and i told her what happened. she freaked out. then all her friends on there got hacked and my parents made me quit. DO NOT TRY THIS WEBSITE and ps. theres rely no chat mod
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2014

In-Game Purchases are a problem.

This game is flashy, fun, and addicting. However, one of the problems I saw while I was playing is the in-game purchases. Most of the time, people who don't have "Membership" or "E-Coins" are unable to purchase the items they desire. This draws them to getting their parents to buy them the virtual currency, and I am ashamed to say I did that once. On the flip side, your child will most likely like the game. Mostly, this game is for children to play games to earn Stars, use it to design their dream Avatar and their house.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytokidoki May 7, 2011

great for 8-11, 12-14 might find it childish

I honestly don't like the site. The kids are starting to use inappropriate words and it is no fun for non-members. It is turning into a bad website. They should really have strong filtering. Why not for teens? The reason I don't think it is for teens is because it is a little bit too childish. The graphics aren't exactly appealing to teens and the way they walk around, I wish they didn't use those boards. Good things? There is a good community and there are alot of people helping you out. There are occasional rude kids/teens who decide to call new people "noobs" which can be hurtful.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycasarela April 25, 2011

not really for kids

Well you can get hacked if your a higher level and i am 13 i plan to quit forever at 14 since its ages 8-14 :/
Teen, 15 years old Written byRustyGirl September 18, 2010

Not at all appropriate

Quite honestly, it's just not safe, and the content of many player's messages is just appalling. I took a look around once and saw a massive amount of inappropriate subjects and messages. I saw many players change words just slightly to get them around the filter, but you could still tell exactly what they were saying. I wouldn't suggest this site to anyone.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byevelyno December 27, 2015

Inappropriate

People just go around and have "saix" and kiss and have boyfriends and swear. Horrible site and lots of people get scammed.
Kid, 12 years old November 21, 2014

Fantage...

To be honest, it's a fun game because of chat, but some of it gets really sexual/violent/mean at times, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under 9. People have virtual sex in barns, people will virtually kick and slap and hit you or take out imaginary guns, and there's a ton of swearing. You can't full out swear, but you can be like "cjrap" "crab" "shet" "fjujick" etc. and it allows it. There is some hacking of accounts, but if you don't share your password to others you should be fine. You have to pay like $7 to get a membership, and non-members are sometimes bullied because they aren't members, but that doesn't happen as much nowadays. I still like fantage, but it's because I know better to stay out of barns and "Star Cafe". IN CONCLUSION: DO NOT LET ANY CHILD UNDER 9 ON WWW.FANTAGE.COM.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylindahearmerawr February 11, 2011
well i like it alot, but it is so money grabbing. you have to be a member to get almost everything. i got those gems that i earned myself, i put them in the orb thingy, and i was super excited to get something rare, but then guess what happened? a pop out came up and said "this item is too rare and only for premium members" another example is, when you go out to buy a nice costume in some store, all the detailed cute clothes are of course for members and all the plain, ugly clothes are left for the un-members. it makes the people who are not members like me feel inferior to the members. one highlight though is that they give you 500 ecoins if you show up for **only the first*** 7 days in a row. but only once
Kid, 12 years old February 21, 2016

Some Iffy Things / Lots of Consumerism

It's okay-ish, but there a couple iffy things and high consumerism. First, the clothes. The shorts are a little too short, and there are bikinis and crop tops. Another issue is the dating involved in the game. There are BF/GF tryouts, and boys sometimes say "You're hot" or things like that to girls. Another issue is the consumerism. Everything costs a LOT of eCoins and/or Stars, and the purchase of Premium Membership is highly encouraged. Don't be fooled by its cuteness, because Fantage has a few things that younger kids shouldn't be exposed to.