All member reviews for Fantage

Cute, fun virtual world with great safety measures.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymylissabestiefantage June 27, 2011

Fantage is okay: Plus with my opinions and advice.

I would think that Fantage is good but it is too "Money Grabbing" because you need a Pre Membership to get all access of the site. Like for example, you want a pretty princess dress but, it requires Membership which sucks. It would have been more better if you can get a 1-Month Free Pre Membership. That would potentially be fair to the new people that register. I'd wish that would happen but i am a little too older to play Fantage but, it is just my advice and opinion.
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2011

just try not to meet members.

well don't get me wrong, it's fun, but the members are all rude! i got thrown out of a party once because i didnt have membership. and the free chat setting blocks well maybe, NOTHING! it's better if you don't encounter anybody but your friends. and go in a near empty server.
Kid, 10 years old February 5, 2011

I Just...It's Just NO Fun Without A Membership...:-

I randomly found it on Google, tried, played it for awhile, but without a membership the game is NO FUN!
Parent of a 7 year old Written bydanny123456789 December 28, 2010

Perfect

Awsome for children 5+. Joining member is not a mistake.
Parent of a 3, 10, 11, 12, 15, and 17 year old Written byAlyssa_299 July 31, 2010

Good site

My daughter, Chelsa goes there. She like's it and so does Marira. And totally safe.
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2010

Perfect for kids of any age!

I love this site! I play it all the time! Kids can host and compete in fashion shows, do missions, become reporters, own homes, and more! The majority of members are really nice and easy to befriend, but I've seen people act snobbish and rude. The only problems I have with it is that you need to be a paid member to get the most out of the site, which costs $5.99 a month.
Kid, 8 years old March 13, 2010

good

love it
Parent of a 17 year old Written byjaslyn101 January 15, 2010

love or no love

ummni like this pic
Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2009

fantage is a good non-violent web site

i like fantage.com because it gives kids a chance to soicilize
Teen, 15 years old Written bysubtlebanana July 23, 2016

My experiences on Fantage and my observations today

I played Fantage starting from 2011 and I stopped around 2013. I was about 10-12 during that time and it was a lot less extreme than it is now. I logged back in today just for the fun of it and I was surprised, to say the least. Too much swearing: Fantage has a generally strict censoring system but the players find their way to bypass it. For example, I logged in and one of the first things I read was "cjunt" or something along those lines. Too much sex: Players host "wun" or "one" tryouts, which are boyfriend/girlfriend tryouts. Along with the swearing, players who may be older tend to talk extensively about sex or inappropriate activities. Too much violence: Many players act as if they are badass and try to initiate fights with other players, swearing at and insulting each other. Too much consumerism: Within the last 2 years, Fantage has added ads on their game site. Along with ad revenue, Fantage often pressures kids to buy membership to get bonuses and be able to receive exclusive items. For as long as I remember, there has been a major divide between member and non-member players. Members talk and act as if they are superior which (in)directly pressure non-members to buy membership so they could be accepted into the "cool" group. Overall, this game has been taken over by kids/teens who are inappropriate, blunt, and offensive. I recommend parents with kids not to allow their children to play this game due to the drastic negative turn this game has taken.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysususidra July 7, 2016

Used to be better.

As all the other reviews said, the game has just turned into a money trap and a place for people to pick up "whuns" I have seen horrible things downtown. Even people asking for "pjkrn" tryouts. I don't get what the deal with that is. When I joined as a child in 2009, it was better to play because everyone was more focused on the games and such instead of that horrible nonsense they do now. It was a time where nonmembers could actually participate and have fun in events, while buying stuff. The staff has all and all become more lazy during events, because now you can just guy outragously expensive stuff with gold, observe the decorations around fantage, and get a stamp card for coming every day. they are LAZY, it used to be way more fun. While the game used to be more fun, it is still possible to get stuff with the ecoins. Of course, you have to slave away sometimes but you still can manage to earn things, if you could just ignore the constant membership requests. If you can do that, it is still possible to get nice, member things. The game could be quite decent if you put it on safe or no chat, and NOT buy a membership. Membership is a trap, because once it is over you can't keep your member items unless you bought it with ecoins. It would just force another membership to keep your items. But yes, it isn't impossible to gain levels as a non memb; I've reached around 500 levels, which is an average for members (your level is doubled when you become a member, and it is way easier to level up. when membership expires, your membership goes back and splits in alf although you can keep the levels you earned as a member).
Teen, 17 years old Written byTree89 July 4, 2016

Teaches you alot

I've been playing Fantage since I was 6 years old. Although there are many arguements about being a nonmember or a member, this game taught me alot. I played Fantage almost every weekend. My parents got me membership because they're rich. Fantage is amazing! Im still playing it today!
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2016

Very good website for kids

Teen, 16 years old Written byThemodernfate June 16, 2016

Not for young kids

I used to play Fantage back in 2010-2012. During these times, there weren't any problems with swearing. However, every time I come back to visit this site, I see somebody swearing. They censor out the swear words using random letters, but you still know what they are saying. Also, you have to watch out for bullying as well. Today when I visit Fantage again, there was a group of three people cursing and calling random people names. Those bullies would make fun of other user's clothes and the people who were being bullied would always try to talk back, but they would always still get made fun of for it! Also, when those users said the swear words (note that the user censor out the swear words. For example: DjUjMjB) the other users seemed so familiar with them as if people use those words all the time! The users would also talk about topics that are VERY inappropriate and that no parent would want their child to see. From my experience on the current Fantage, the users are mean. Also, I have noticed this game has become extremely discriminating against non-members! In order to get a decent outfit as a non member, you have to pay a bunch of stars that will take forever to get together. In the older Fantage, non members got a good amount of items, but now there is no use in playing unless you are a member. Parents, do not bother with this game anymore, ESPECIALLY if your child is under 10. It is easy to get bullied, the users are inappropriate, and it is no fair to non members.
Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2016

I Love It

I think it is a wonderful game. I like it because you have to earn money and choose how to use it wisely.
Parent Written byatkach000 April 27, 2016

Good concept--terrible execution!

I will start by saying that I used to play on this website as a preteen. Back in the day it was pretty fun for me because I didn't have to pay a subscription in order to do most things. Nowadays, however, things are a bit different. They have three types of currency in the game: stars, gold, and ecoins. Stars are earned when you play games, mostly. Coins and gold, however, cannot be earned--they pretty much must be purchased. And it's not exactly cheap, either--it's $10.00 for 10,000 gold (don't quote me on that, I could be slightly off) but I will say that the currency goes fast, and 10,000 gold hardly gets the player anything at all. For example, one of the "luxury" items in the furniture store, a sports car, costs 20,000 gold. So is a parent really expected to pay $20.00 so their child can have a virtual car for their Fantage character? This is just one example of how the consumerism in this game has really become absurd over the years. Once it was a fun (and even educational) site for older kids and preteens now revolves almost entirely around money, and the site is completely boring unless the parent signs their child up for a "premium membership", which has a monthly cost. That's another thing I have an issue with--monthly cost. It used to be that you were able to purchase only a month of membership, and when the month ran out, you were back to being a non-member again. The same could be done in a 6-month increment or a year's increment. And now, a premium membership is "automatically" renewed every month, regardless of what you sign up for. In other words, it's a recurring bill, which is something not every parent wants. It's a sneaky way to take more money from people! However, it's worth mentioning in spite of the costs that the site is pretty safe for older children and preteens or even younger teenagers. I know I played the game up until I was about 18 years old, when things first started taking a turn for the worst. There are two types of chat features that can be enabled--Safe Chat (a child can pre-select a phrase or question from a list the site has come up with) or regular chat, which a user can type anything, but of course certain words are moderated. I specify that this site is for OLDER children and teens because of this; some users, as you might expect, find their way around filters and come up with slang words for swears, sexual references, etc. Fantage continues to monitor this, and over time the slang has gotten more and more complex due to the security features. This is a good thing--hopefully it means that eventually it will completely cut out the population of people who are instigating this type of bad behavior, as they will want to do it on websites that are much easier to hack in that way. Another reason why this website isn't suitable for younger children is because, occasionally, there are outfits that aren't completely appropriate that characters can wear. The stores on Fantage sell everything from bikini swimsuits to crop tops. Sometimes the skirts and shorts fit the characters in a very scandalous way, if that makes sense. The characters aren't really sexualized necessarily, but parents might be wary of the fact that some people might be showing off a little bit more skin (for example, the torso/naval area). I know that the majority of this review is bashing the site, but I think it's justified--not only does it have some outrageous costs, which cause an unequal distribution of wealth in the Fantage world (there is a VERY distinct difference in the dress/appearance of nonmembers vs. members) and it probably isn't a good thing that it's teaching the concept of materialism to children at an age that is very impressionable. In spite of these faults, it does have a good amount of entertaining games and seasonal activities for players to enjoy. Unfortunately, once again, the limited-time events cater only to members, and nonmembers cannot enjoy any of those benefits. On top of that, there are usually "limited" items that you can buy during these events, and 99% of the time they can only be bought with gold or ecoins--which, as I mentioned before, you have to spend real money on in order to get. And since "limited" items cost so much, you'd end up spending probably $20.00 worth in virtual money for a user to have just a simple outfit! Ridiculous. The games that are available to all players also don't seem to have been updated in a VERY long time. I realized this because when I went back to playing a lot of my old favorites, they were buggy and sometimes almost completely unplayable. Such an expensive website as this shouldn't come with as many faults as it does. I'm very disappointed. Hope Fantage cleans up their act soon. It's so clear that all they care about is money, and the least they can do is make the website worth that money being paid.
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2016

Really cool for most ages

It is very safe and parents can change the setting so that your child can use safe chat or no chat. And if you curse your banned. It is very fun my friends and I call each other on Skype and play on fantage. there is really only 1 promblem and that is they usally want you to buy membership for a lot of things but other than that its really fun and safe and very educational.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNikki_1013 April 20, 2016

Okay...

I am 17 years old and I still occasionally come on this site when I'm bored. I joined in 2009 and I'm proud to say that the site was family friendly and didn't push memberships in your face as much. Now, this site consists of dating, trading, and being flat out rude to non members. Kids have found ways to break past filters and use profanities, and are even kissing and engaging in "sex." The chat filter really does nothing anyway, when you play on this game it will not allow you to say the word I love you, but it will allow for kids to clearly break past the chat filter and use profanities to their liking. At the age of 14, I think kids will understand that there are things you are and are not supposed to say, you won't have to worry about them being influenced by the kids on this site, and you won't have to worry about them using language like this. Which is why I think 14 is a good age for someone to join this site.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAngelinaBean April 5, 2016

It WAS good :)

Fantage was an amazing game, hard to believe sadly.. It is all about spending money on gold now. Not only is that annoying but the 'Haii hw ar yu doin' and 'Cme tew mai plc'. like, no correct spelling what-so-ever. I literally remember my last 'friend tryout'. New members won't know what that is. It is so sad with the s-x and the 'baes' and 'wuns'. My sisters and I got banned forever because we become a member for 1 month and it kept going, we tried to cancel but it wouldn't. We still paid for all the months. But we got banned still. We emailed and they didn't respond till a year later. which was 2015, we had started in late 2013. Also i was playing one day, and i got banned. Just, banned. Apparently, some admin banned everyone in the sever I was in, Soo yeah, horrible staff. I wouldn't recommend playing it now, but maybe if there is hope it could be the same again, (which is 0.1/10000000000000000) then that would be amazing because it is an amazing game. it really is.. :)
Kid, 9 years old March 21, 2016

Terrible.

Fantage was a good game and all, but the memberships are mostly the big deal about this thing. premium members think they are WAY cooler then nonmembers so they bully them or make fun of them. But Fantage had to sell premium membership or else if they didn't their game will be closed down. People are doing this glitch where they show you how to curse without getting a suspension/ban. When I became a premium member for my birthday. Then this person buddied me. She said she will get me coins if I gave her my pass. I said no thanks. Then for some apparent reason, she started cursing, which she was supposed to be suspended for a day. But she wasn't. She kept on cursing. I decided to ignore her, until she started to follow me around everywhere I go, which was really annoying, so I went offline.