All member reviews for Flickr

Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny September 17, 2011

Pretty good...

This is a really good website. It's less inappropriate than things like deviantArt. Although there is some violent and sexual content, I think it's actually pretty rare. There's some really breathtaking pictures, too. The community is pretty friendly overall and I haven't come across any trolls so far. However, judging by some of the reviews below, there are some. There's trolls on everything, so it's really nothing new. You just got to learn to ignore them and if someone hates your stuff, ignore them, too. All-in-all, it's really good.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2010

Iffy for 13 yolds

Teen, 16 years old Written bytheplaz April 9, 2008

Great for schoolwork

This site is the best for getting photos for schoolwork. Never use the crappy array of images from Google Images again. This site has some really well done photographs which look much better in reports that Google Image Search results.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 13, 2013

Great photo sharing website

Flickr is a good photo sharing site, there's not much inappropriate content, it's not inappropriate like Deviantart and it automatically blocks inappropriate content I believe.
Kid, 12 years old April 25, 2012

Beware!

If you want to sign up for Flickr, you have to have a Yahoo ID.
Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2012

Teen, 14 years old Written bybdd458 December 23, 2010

Trolls, trolls, trolls...

Worst part about it is the trolls. They swear worse then a sailor and are immature. Even when really bad insults are being thrown, the Administrator staff does not do much. They send a message just saying to block them. It can be a little annoying. Other then that there are some great photos and is a great place to find others with similar interest!
Teen, 16 years old Written by1234seven June 1, 2010

Great for connecting and growing creatively

In my photography courses, we use Flickr to upload photos to a group pool which is run by our teacher. There we can see each other's photos, leave feedback and see what our classmates are doing on different assignments and personal work outside of class. The community feeling in Flickr really is great for those interested in photography because it offers a wide variety of subjects and photographers ranging from amateur to highly experienced professionals. You can set your content filters to exclude violent content or nudity, and if a user's photo falls outside your content filters, Flickr will warn you. It's a good site, all in all.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008