Learning and ending hunger, a few grains of rice at a time.

Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2010

Fun at first, then gets boring

When I first heard about this at my computer class at school, I played it, but sometimes it can get boring because sometimes, they use the same stuff over and over again. Don't go to this site if you don't like getting the same thing over and over again
Parent of an infant, 5, 11, 11, and 14 year old Written byThe Random Reviewer January 15, 2011

Perfect for all ages

It is the perfect website that my 5 girls can enjoy together though not all of them can play it gives a feeling of acomplishment to have been able to donate rice
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2010

Awesome!

I love this website! It's such a great idea: Answer questions and fight world hunger!
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmmaReads April 27, 2011

Educational and Helpful

This site helps you learn and helps end world hunger all at once! You don't have to have an account to use Free Rice, you can just go on and start clicking. You should try it out. I know I felt good about what I was spending my time on.
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2011

It should be bookmarked!

I love this site! I love to help people but I don't have any money in my pocets (because I dnt' get an allowance) It also helps improve my vocabulary, (which I need help on :P) Als you can change different subjects!
Kid, 9 years old September 17, 2011

Great Website

This is a great website! It has every awesome thing in it to make learning fun!
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2011

The Best Website!

Free Rice is probably one of the best websites on the web. There are so many good messages that it's hard not to play! It's a website to basically stop hunger- by answering educational questions for each question you get correct they donate 10 grains of rice to the hungry! It's so touching because the people who created this website actually care. I think that the world would be so much better without any people who go hungry. Don't you agree?
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bybrown_eyed_girl June 28, 2010

OK if you don't click the ads by accident

Not sure why CMS says there are no ads as there are clear ads for $13 iPads, clothing stores, and stock trades all linking to junky websites prominently displayed on the banner at the bottom of every screen. Also the site clearly states these ads which pay for the donated rice. If your child accidentally clicks on the banner, they will be taken to a commercial site which is difficult to close. At any rate, my kids are, for some reason, obsessed with this site. I find it boring & repetitive but apparently it's a big deal with our local tweens at the moment. Not sure how much educational value there is in the site but it seems to be a fun way for kids to review material. Although the site does have information about world hunger, I don't think most kids bother to read that material. Instead the message seems to be that the best way to feed hungry people is idly sitting on your rear clicking a mouse. I think it would be good for parents to discuss hunger in their own communities and steps they can take as a family to assist children and families right next door in a much more active way.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bytry2doitall December 1, 2009

Learn and feed the hungry at the same time!

Vocabulary building while helping feed the hungry? What could be better? I have even logged on and learned a few new words!
Kid, 12 years old February 11, 2013

Great

I loved it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 July 27, 2011

Really good, educational site!

A teacher showed us this site in school once, and it's really good. It makes it easy to learn and help feed the hungry at the same time! Really good!
Adult Written byTheMelMonster April 14, 2009

Pleasantly surprised

At first I was very skeptical about this site. It seemed too simple. But then I started playing, and it was actually a lot of fun. I'm not sure how educational it is in the long run though, simply because the feedback isn't strong when you get an answer incorrect. I think a lot of kids would just ignore the correct answer and move on to the next word. When I played I honestly was just watching the rice bowl. But, overall, it's a fun site and I would recommend it.
Kid, 12 years old September 17, 2013

Awesome game

I think this game is really fun and it goes to a good cause. And it really helps you learn new words you never knew before. And I think is awesome about it is that it makes u feel awesome. By seeing how much rice you earned... It makes you proud of yourself
Teen, 14 years old Written bystrawberryautopsy May 11, 2012

Learning Unlocks a Whole New World!

As soon as you're old enough to answer questions you'll be ready to play! This game is great for encouraging children to donate to charities and show them the importance in learning because learning can make a difference and that's what great about this site.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysourcecoderocks September 17, 2011

Amazing!!

Amazing!! You can be helpful and learn something. Great!!
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2011
its a good educational way to help end world hunger we do this when we are done with work in class
Parent of a 2, 10, 14, and 18+ year old Written bySystemOfANintendo January 2, 2011

Wonderful for all ages!

This site is a great way for kids to help poor people without donating money! My 10 year old sons school uses it in free-time, and they've donated a lot of grains of rice to help feed the poor. Definitely one to use.
Kid, 9 years old December 30, 2010

GREAT WEBSITE!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!! Freerice.com is an amazing site! You help the world by going to this website and answering questions! Great for everyone!!!!
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2010

Educaional and helpful

It battles world hunger and teaches things. 'Nuff said.
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2012

love it!

it helps me learn and it helps the hungry!