All teen and kid member reviews for GaiaOnline

Teen, 17 years old Written bykfsilverwind October 17, 2013

Gaia's downfall.

This site is slowly turning into a game completely driven by money, for the sake of money, for the money. Here is a post written by one of many dissatisfied players in this community. This is a shoutout to ALL GAIANS Everyone who knows who this CEO is, we need to start spreading the word, and destroy his reputation. By his hand, the stocks are plummeting, players are leaving, and the site is slowly, but surely going into the pit of no return. I plead that people who know his name and info will spread the word around for the sake and the legacy of this site, so this man and his team may never wreck such a beautiful thing like this site that has been to us a refuge, a hangout, and for me, a childhood and a way to find my self out of a terrible depression. For those of you who have met your friends here, your girlfriends, etc etc, who have fond memories of this place, this site is not something we can lose without causing that man to regret what he did. Once again, I stress that we have to find a way to stop this man, or else more poor sites like GAIA will fall to his money-hungry schemes. Spread the word, let people know! Let them know what this new CEO has done, what he considers us as, not people, but things that he can extort money from, as things that he can toy with, then throw away. That is all I have to say, and if I get banned, I get banned with the satisfaction that I did something, that I was able to do something before I was removed, by force, from this site. Let us be heard! I will not back down till this Gary can never obtain another job ever again. For those who feel the same, spread this everywhere. I for sure will.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydavi56 April 15, 2012

very iffy site for the more mature teen

while this site is a very funky and trendy site, there are many problems with it - the forums don't seem to be monitored that much - avatar's names can be sexual or otherwise explicit - kids may be persuaded to post pics or videos of themselves - there is no monitoring on profiles etc so people can cuss and be explicit all they want. they can say anything on there. but if your teen is mature and you think they can deal with this type of content then it's a nice little hangout that encourages creativity.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySomeoneSomewhere March 29, 2011
everyone's so stupid when they rate this! READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE BEFORE YOU PLAY idiots. You MUST be over 13 years old. and YOU choose where to go and what to do. Stop blaming the site for your actions, or for what you did. I am personally a member of Gaia, and there's a ton of amazing, funny, and kind people there. You just have to explore. You choose to make it bad. Theres so many things to do on the site! You choose what to do, so don't complain about it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfantasy_faerie January 26, 2011

Stay off the message boards, kids

CONCERNS Violence: Violent talk is not a rare sight on Gaia message boards. Sex: There are a lot of sexual discussions on Gaia message boards, and players may attempt to date you on the virtual world. Language: Players on Gaia swear a lot. Consumerism: Players may buy Gaia Cash to unlock exclusive items. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: Discussions of this nature are common on the Gaia message boards. HIGHLIGHTS Educational: Nope. Safety: Since Gaia is so popular, there isn't really much security. User Content: I don't know.
Kid, 9 years old September 1, 2010

cs

i'm starting to think the websites they put on cs(commen sense) the cs ppl dont even see the website!
Kid, 12 years old August 28, 2010

Entertaining, but bad news for kids!

I've tried it, i've been there, i've done that! It's an o.k. site, the only problem is the langauge is out of hand, and the people on there get way too sexual!
Teen, 14 years old Written byqriel August 27, 2010

Good site for everyone 13+

Gaiaonline isn't in any way educational (except if you think the occasional "can you help me with my homework?" threads are math practice or something. But overall it's a fun game where you can talk to people and be yourself. Safety is only a problem if you weren't raised with basic internet safety stuff, don't give out your address, last name, phone number, etc. Sure some threads will seem a little mature (some people post about their teenage pregnancy, first time with drugs, sex) but the truth is most kids are already being exposed to this kind of thing IRL anyway, unless you've totally sheltered your child from the internet and real world.
Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2010

-13 no 13-17 yes +18 i dont know

You know, 13 can race and stuff except comments 14+ can handle all profanity 15-17 can handle info 18-19 can handle these adult oriented sites for teens only i think????? well, no. For Older Teens, this site is not kid/family friendly at all, strangers can look at bleep and strong words and/or your info if they want(ed) to so it's alright for +17, but an iffy for 16, not for kids -16 PS don't rate this no kids, it is for 16+, no one 15-
Teen, 13 years old Written byharbert99 May 20, 2010
Although this is kind of educational, there are a lot of peoplewho post something inapropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCAGED Tiger May 8, 2010

Not as bad as people make it out to be

I don't think the adults in this thread realize what's going on. I'm 13, I have an account, I've been registered for quite a time. We kids love sites like this because it lets us interact with other kids and adults that don't know us, just so that we can be our real selves. Nobody judges us as much, even if there are occasionally trolls, spammers, flamers, and those things. Sure, there are inappropriate people, but they get reported and banned and we know that the moderators are trying to do their best to make the site 13+. We DO need our own privacy and space. It's just weird for a parent to be watching every move we make on a computer. And if you are a parent, your child will know what's right and wrong if you've raised them the right way. Things like sex and drugs don't come up often in Gaia and what a child does also depends on sex and drug education. I've had quite enough of these classes, including computer safety. I know exactly what to do and what not to do on Gaia. Gaia itself is a fun filled, interactive site that really helps bring out what a child has in themselves. Getting items using gold gives them a sense of accomplishment. Just because we're kids, doesn't mean our parents should watch us every move and take our falls for us. Age does not equal maturity.
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeleanimal94 December 18, 2009

best for teens and older children stay off

ive been on it for years and it seems mostly the talk about sexual content and drugs come from the younger children on there trying to act cool if you dont like your kids being on there keep them off cause gaia already tried to disable the ciggarettes but everyone was against it so they brought them i hate how everyone worries about gaia if some talks sexual block them and leave or just wait for them to leave cause usalley its just trolls and dont go into the mature forums you know adults like to post stuff too so i say make it 15 and up and keep your freaking children off the site if your gonna have a hissy fit
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2013

It's a super fun site. But there's a few, just a few, things to avoid.

I've never actually been on Gaia before, but I've heard much about it (BOXXY<3). I've been to the main page and a forum or two, but that's about it. I don't have an account, because, well, I follow rules. I'm not going to juvy by the internet. So anwyway, the site is rated 13+, but 12+ seems more reasonable, considering pre-teenhood is where you find out more... stuff. So it's not like they need to be protected from the site, just the forums that contain.. you know.. There's language and inappropriate content but only on certain things. I really like Gaia, and I can't wait to reach the minimum age! If you let someone join Gaia, just watch them and see if you can trust them with it. If you see one curse word, don't immediately turn off the computer. Just see how it goes, because it's not just the other members that make people see these things. It's also the child, who looks at it in the first place. Okay? Okay.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMeAndRice July 8, 2012

Could be better...

Gaia online is a nice game, but it is far from being the best. I love the forum. Despite the rudeness and vulgarity. I like the fact that we can share our art creations with people, and receive their feedback to improve, i saw a lot of talented people. What I think should be improved is the staffs, I've been hacked, despite the tons of emails sent to have my account back. They never helped me, and until now I have received no reply to recover my lost user, which is really sad, because i worked really hard to build this user.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYuzuki Kyomizu February 25, 2012

I

I absolutly LOOOOOVE gaia online. it is a really awesome website. I have been playing since 2008 and i am still hooked. there games are super addictive i personally like zOMG! it is really well made for a online MMORPG game. You can do all sorts of really awesome things to your avatar and I don't think I have EVER seen the same avatar twice unless a) it was a noob. b) they did it on purpose or c) it was the same person. You can be really creative on that website, i think it encourages creativity more than any website I have seen. The only thing that you should never give out personal info (name, age, hometown... ect.)
Teen, 14 years old Written bytskimii January 5, 2012

It is a great site.

Gaia is wonderful, I've been on for over 4 years now. Yes people cyber, curse, and troll. But you should be mature enough not to let it bother you if you are on gaia. I have met nice people on there and I've met rude people. But it's the internet, people state their opinions. People are the same in the real world you know. If you just aren't getting gaia, the site is not for you. Overall I think it is great.
Kid, 10 years old August 19, 2011

Better than Habbo,

I like this site, much more better and appropriate than stupid old Habbo...
Teen, 15 years old Written byELLi3212 May 12, 2011

the people there are real scortillae

it's a good game i guess. the graphics are nice, you can make a cute avatar, whatever. the problem is mostly with the people. When you aren't being attacked by grammar nazis, chances are you'll meet the most shallow people ever. Or at least the most inept at talking on the internet. The nicest people are the "trolls" and they're shunned by most of the community because they don't take a kid's site as srs bsns.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKimanaio March 27, 2011

Great for older kids, but if you are impressionable, stay away from some forums.

Oh, I love Gaia. It's a good social networking site, I personally like it better than facebook. There is some innapropriate language, and the site is rated PG-13 for a reason. If you are a fairly mature person, you will love this site, but if you're suceptable to things like drugs and some innapropriate comments and photos, I reccomend not going to forums that have those topics. There are plenty of other forums that are perfectly appropriate for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDo-You-Remember March 5, 2011

Mature Community With Good Things

The game has some sexual content and language that's pretty inappropriate, but I feel the parent is responsible for making sure the swear filter is ON. Some people are jerks, and they push you to buy "Gaia Cash" which is a premium currency to get exclusive items, but it's not required. Kids can learn how to draw and how to save money for something (using the game's free currency, gaia gold)