All member reviews for Girls' Life

Mag site smartly tackles teen girls' interests and issues.

Learning(i)

Parent of a 11 year old Written byConcernedMOMofaTween October 1, 2013

Say NO to Girl's Life Magazine

This is not appropriate for a tween girl! Too many HEAVY subjects. I would not recommend this magazine EVER! I am glad I went to the library and looked it over! In one issue it talked about having "unprotected sex" and in another it spoke about her boyfriend being "handsy". Really???????? This is for a tween - you have got to be kidding. Parents DO NOT FALL FOR IT & DO NOT LET YOUR DAUGHTER READ THIS MAGAZINE!
Parent of a 17 year old Written by29 May 15, 2011
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2010

Awesome!! :D

I heart this website!! It's super safe and fun!!! It does have some sex related things though.
Kid, 12 years old January 27, 2011

perfect 4 everyone 10+

I love this site it is awesome. It does have some lip locking issues when you come down to it. but you will need to know how to when it comes to a certain age
Parent of a 14 year old Written bySkyCares March 1, 2013

Opens up discussions.

I think this is spot on for teenagers. Topics are relevant to their concerns. My daughther has opened up conversations after reading articles. I check out the magazine before she reads it so I can be open to discussions should she chose to share. At 14 she doesn't always come to me for advice. At least I know she's getting good input from GL Magazine!
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2014

I Love GL!

I pick these magazines at the library and I love looking at the website. Some people say that the guy section is iffy for younger tweens (9 - 10 or 11) but I disagree. Tweens may not deal with boyfriends, but they do deal with crushes and idiot mean boys. There's also fun recipes, workouts, and quizzes to more personal things like puberty. This is a great site for teens and tweens, 10+, and I think mature 9 year olds might have fun on this sight too.
Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2011

Great Resource for Older Tweens and Teens

GL is a great magazine for girls 10-13. I think that it might include a few thinks that aren't appropriate for 10 year olds maybe, but you sort of just have to know your kid. My favorite part is the MODDING. You just type "MOD" at the start of a comment, and you can ask a question that will be answered by responsible older girls who know what they are talking about.
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2010

10-15 is a big age range

I've been on this website, and though they claim to be for 10-15 year olds, I don't think that really fits it. A ten year olds biggest social issue is usually something about mean girls or best friends who just abandon them (which is a little hard, you know.)While 15 year olds struggle to be popular (though I have noticed younger girls starting to take notice of popularity). 15 year olds have boy problems. 10 year olds may have crushes. 15 year olds are far into puberty, while 10 year olds are only starting their growth spurts (most of them). 15 year olds have much more body issues. It's a little to big of an age range.
Teen, 13 years old Written byajgirl13 July 13, 2014

What kids need to hear

A lot of parent reviews I have seen on this site and other places for this magazine have been very negative. They criticize it for being too graphic for Tweens. However, the content in this magazine is basically a more personalized version of health programs in schools for Tweens today. The issues it addresses are issues teens do worry about, and it answers them in an honest, helpful way that encourages responsibility and for the TEEN TO TALK TO THE PARENT/TEACHER/TRUSTED ADULT.If you believe the issues in this magazine are too graphic, you state that you refuse to believe that your child would discuss them with you, which leaves your child in the dark without reliable information from a trusted source. Wouldn't you rather your child learn about these things from you or a trusted source then the internet or a friend's older sibling the playground? This magazine is educational and a good place for children of today to learn and play in a good environment.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykpgl March 5, 2013

LEARNING

Girls' Life is the best for girls!

Girls' life is a great website. The magazine is equally amazing.I love it. Its fun for girls with great advice! It even has a health section where they encourage girls to stay healthy and answers their questions. It is wonderful for 11-15 year old girls.
Kid, 10 years old December 8, 2012

LEARNING

Popularity is not important and you dont need a boyfriend

Well many girls love fanshion so i rate for learning good because girls learn about what they want to do in life you know. Before i say anything else my reviews sound like im a teen because im in 4rth grade advanced. Ok, so what i was saying is that positive messages is not to foucused and for a site like this it should be more trying to say " You can be what you want' kinda of message. Its more of a drama house thing and sometimes there is lack of fun and more drama. Girls that are ten focuse on boyfriends and crushes and uasual get turned down. Older kids want popular reviews and friends and try to make drama by making there online boyfriends break up with them so they can sob to there friends and it just gose that way for popularity
Kid, 11 years old November 28, 2012

Cool

I love this thing is so good
Teen, 14 years old Written byDMfanCassy October 27, 2012

LEARNING

I'm not gonna lie, I love it!!!

I've been going on this site for about a year or so, and I still love it! I started highschool this year and though it's not as "cool" to be on a site like this, this site has a lot of advise and answers questions that girls might be too nervous to ask. Plus aside from advice it also has a lot of fun quizes and ideas for when days are boring. It also gives a lot of verified healthy living and eating advice which really does help! This site has something for all girls... from girls who are the queens on the soccer field to the girlies who are dying to be beauty queens! Really good site! :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byAngief060 October 4, 2012

everything for girls

think this is a good site for teenagers, Not little 11 year old children. this is a good site <3
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovie Expert September 13, 2012

I love GL!

Girl's life is a great magazine! I just love it! It has tips about fashion, some cooking recipes, posters and stickers, advice coloums, about friends, sleepover ideas, celebrity gossip, how to put on make-up and to make really cool fashion trends, i could go on and on! There is also some stuff about boys and how to get your first kiss and stuff like that but nothing inappropriate. A couple of ads sometimes at the end of the page. There are also articles about Eco-stuff and health and fitness and lots of quizzes! A must for girls 11-15!!! A definite buy!
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2012

blah

I don't like this website. It's best for girls aged 15+ because of the dating and std related questions, such as "I have a bump down there, is it acne or an STD?" or "How do I get the perfect guy?".
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2011

Girls' Life Website-Broken Down

It's a good website for tweens and teens. There's no bad language or anything, even in the comments because they're moderated. You need to go by sections though. Some sections aren't that great for 10 year olds, but ok for 13 or 14 year olds. Guys: 13-14+, younger kids won't really need to go there, you know? Advice: 12-13+, if anyone younger needs advice they can just comment on a random article with "MOD MOD MOD" at the top and a moderator can answer your questions or give you advice. Fun Stuff: 10+, lots of cool ideas! Style: 10+, but younger kids probably wouldn't care. Health & Fitness: 11-12+ Quizzes:10+, I go there when I get bored Mag: any age, it's just basically if you want to subscribe or know what's in the magazine. Video: I don't know, I've never really visited that part of the website.
Kid, 10 years old July 26, 2011

GirlsLife is Great

I dont know i like girlslife i go on it and im 10 its not that bad . Some stuff i think kids my age shouldnt click on at girlslife though.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2011

awesome

I really love this magizine. I think it shows that there not alone when it comes to certian things
Teen, 14 years old Written byrosalinna April 25, 2011

it is a perfect site for teenage girls ...........its juzt awsome.....it has every thing in which the tees can get help. i ? it :)