All member reviews for Glogster

Creative social site has a mixed bag of users.

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written byoriginality95 February 22, 2010

Saftey Issues???

HMM. I just checked this site out and I wasn't blown away. It doesn't look very safe, someone could easily pose as a teenager and create and account. While the graphic images look awesome. There isn't any real point to the site. I'd rather be on Facebook, it just doesn't feel safe.
Adult Written bycristina0767 March 4, 2010

I can't believe that this is being introduced in the school system.
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2010

I think it mighr not be safe one bit.....
Educator and Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written bymama2pearls April 17, 2010

I use glogster for education edu.glogster.com

My son was assigned a math project using glogster. He had to create a glog about a particular topic they had studied and then present his glog to the class. I was intrigued and decided to use glogster for my students. As a teacher, I can assign a "safe" glogster login, teach the students how to use it safely, and provide parameters within which they can create a glog. My students are very motivated and cannot wait to work on their glogs each day. This is a wonderful educational tool, but like everything else, requires that adults TEACH the children appropriate use and safety concerns before they start activate their accounts.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymealies February 28, 2010

...

When I saw this in the recommendations for social networking sites other than facebook I was glad to see that the age rating was 13+ because it would mean I could check it out. I did and it definitely didn't come across as a very suitable website. It doesn't seem that safe and as mentioned in the comments below it seems that anybody could create an account. I suppose it is good that you are able express yourself when you make a glog (poster thing) but some of them don't seem appropriate at all for people of my age.
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2009

Very Cool!

I loved it because you can do what ever you want and let people know about you. I sugest getting a parents permission before going on. Other then that, have fun.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bykatehenry March 3, 2010

My eldest LOVES the multimedia aspect of this site. She has used it to do school projects (we print out the page like a poster and also give the teacher a link). However, there is just too much inappropriate content on here. I don't want my daughter looking at the dark, depressing ("emo") content created by some users and then there are all the over sexualized profile pics, some of young girls. We had an incident a couple weeks ago when I looked at her friends list and found some iffy stuff. We've since shut down her account.
Kid, 10 years old June 3, 2010

great for teens but not so much for tweens

Its ok. It could b alot better. it has 2 much bleh! And seriously cristina0767 off for 17! you are so weird!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymaddy940 June 6, 2009

cool

it's an okay site. it didn't "wow" me but it was alright.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoockie April 2, 2011

moockie alldaii

i lovee it so far
Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2011

I luv the website

at my school this was one of the websites we used. I think it is fine for kids my age.
Kid, 11 years old May 11, 2011

Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2010

Don't think about the bad

Every one may say the site is bad i agree but it also saves money let's say for school projects it means u don't have to buy all the supplys your child needs
Kid, 9 years old July 9, 2010

I never even went on

and it sounds like it sucks.
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2011

strange k

Well i do Reserch on glogs but i mostily think it has some bad words.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGrant769 July 24, 2012

Pointless, Inappropriate, Just asking for trouble.

Glogster Is pointless. The whole idea of creating virtual posters does not hold a valid purpose. Period. I had to create an account for an online school project, and after looking at this site I want to barf. Just by looking at the "top glogs" page you will immediately notice several "F", "SH-T",and "B-TCH" words and other inappropriate things such as very suggestive sexualized videos and themes. You would think that before a "glog" could become a "top glog" it would have to pass some kind of content filter. Overall this site disgusts me, It's purpose is unclear. The whole idea of making virtual posters is asking for trouble, kids who are rebellious against their parents will be able to make a page all about how they hate them. Granted a few (maybe) good things COULD come out of this site, however the way I see it the cons WAY outweigh the benefits. I think I'll stick to Facebook. The only good thing I can see is that you are able to delete your account.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAngief060 July 7, 2012

Parent Written bykeiram October 6, 2014

Glogster Review

Glogster is a virtually new website that allows it’s user to create glogs. Students can use images, video, and audio to create their individual glogs. Although glog subjects vary, Glogster will give you general templates to use for creating your glog. But, one of the main issues with Glogster may be its variation in topics. Some reviews say certain glogs created are too graphic for their children. Glogster may want to think about its usage. Because the free range of topics makes it less likely to be used in the classroom. Another fault of Glogster is its set up. It’s not extremely user friendly. Sure some older teenagers and adults would figure out how to use Glogster within time. But for younger generations, they might not understand how Glogster really works. For example: You can’t: -Scroll -Delete with backspace -right click for options -undo Something as simplistic as these make the biggest impact on whether or not to use Glogster. Glogster needs to put better privacy and filter settings on their website. One user said, “this site contains racy pictures and biased language.” This is a big problem when using the website for school purposes. Especially in elementary school when there are things likes “heavy topics such as rape, suicide, and war.” Glogster could cause extreme issues with more sensitive children and parents who aren’t ready to introduce their children to such heavy topics. Glogster has the potential to be a great website, but by charging users a monthly fee, it makes people less inclined to use the website. Especially when the website still has some kinks to it, many people may say Glogster “isn’t worth the hassle”. If Glogster really wants to create a more friendly website, they need to make an education part that is separate from other more sensitive topics. Also they need a longer period of “play time”. So users can explore the website, and decide whether or not they want to pay for a potentially useless service.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGlogster Sucks September 15, 2014

Very Bad

Glogster is probably the worst educational website. It deleted my assignment and i ended up getting a zero. It has very dodgy systems and doesn't work well. Just putting in an image takes at least 1 minute. Overall glogster is a dodgy website and should be removed from the educational system. If it can't save an assignment correctly or do anything correctly why should it exist?
Educator Written byUnaManzana June 16, 2014

LEARNING

What's the point of knock-off Facebook sites?

Aside from the fact that the process of creating a glog is both tedious and has a poorly designed interface, I see no purpose for this service. There are so many other sites (Free sites as well) that will do what Glogster is trying to do in an easier and more accessible way. Gmail can get the job done. Facebook gets the job done. Wordpress can get the job done. Though it's not free, digication can get the job done. Don't even worry about this site being safe because no one is actually going to use it.