All member reviews for Glogster

Creative social site has a mixed bag of users.

Learning

Teen, 14 years old Written byoriginality95 February 22, 2010

Saftey Issues???

HMM. I just checked this site out and I wasn't blown away. It doesn't look very safe, someone could easily pose as a teenager and create and account. While the graphic images look awesome. There isn't any real point to the site. I'd rather be on Facebook, it just doesn't feel safe.
Adult Written bycristina0767 March 4, 2010
I can't believe that this is being introduced in the school system.
Teen, 16 years old Written byoliviat97 December 6, 2013

Not worth the Hassle!!

Not worth the hassle. I had to use it for a school project to difficult to work and hard to understand. I would have much rather used power point or prezzie is way more user friendly.
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2010
I think it mighr not be safe one bit.....
Parent Written byJann3 November 6, 2013

Glogster

I was shocked when I opened up this site for the first time and even more shocked that a school was using it! Even though the kids were clothed, a very graphic photo right on the first page of the two kids being shown as having sex. I had to take a double take, and said to myself, "Are you kidding me?" Some of the other photos, for lack of better words, were just "creepy."
Teen, 13 years old Written byGlogster Sucks September 15, 2014

Very Bad

Glogster is probably the worst educational website. It deleted my assignment and i ended up getting a zero. It has very dodgy systems and doesn't work well. Just putting in an image takes at least 1 minute. Overall glogster is a dodgy website and should be removed from the educational system. If it can't save an assignment correctly or do anything correctly why should it exist?
Kid, 9 years old July 9, 2010

I never even went on

and it sounds like it sucks.
Educator Written byUnaManzana June 16, 2014
LEARNING

What's the point of knock-off Facebook sites?

Aside from the fact that the process of creating a glog is both tedious and has a poorly designed interface, I see no purpose for this service. There are so many other sites (Free sites as well) that will do what Glogster is trying to do in an easier and more accessible way. Gmail can get the job done. Facebook gets the job done. Wordpress can get the job done. Though it's not free, digication can get the job done. Don't even worry about this site being safe because no one is actually going to use it.
Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2013

Mabey..

I say its a not apprioit for kids unless you put on the highest privacy setting. Gloggster.edu is much better it blocks out pretty much all the glogs from actual glogster. I do recommend it if, again, you put it on the highest privesy settings.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGrant769 July 24, 2012

Pointless, Inappropriate, Just asking for trouble.

Glogster Is pointless. The whole idea of creating virtual posters does not hold a valid purpose. Period. I had to create an account for an online school project, and after looking at this site I want to barf. Just by looking at the "top glogs" page you will immediately notice several "F", "SH-T",and "B-TCH" words and other inappropriate things such as very suggestive sexualized videos and themes. You would think that before a "glog" could become a "top glog" it would have to pass some kind of content filter. Overall this site disgusts me, It's purpose is unclear. The whole idea of making virtual posters is asking for trouble, kids who are rebellious against their parents will be able to make a page all about how they hate them. Granted a few (maybe) good things COULD come out of this site, however the way I see it the cons WAY outweigh the benefits. I think I'll stick to Facebook. The only good thing I can see is that you are able to delete your account.
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2011

strange k

Well i do Reserch on glogs but i mostily think it has some bad words.
Kid, 11 years old May 11, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoockie April 2, 2011

moockie alldaii

i lovee it so far
Educator Written bymrathan80 December 29, 2015

Waste of money

I used this program in my classroom and it was a waste of money. The program is not user friendly and requires a lot of technical support as it freezes frequently. My students were not able to complete a "glog" because of all the issues it presented regularly. I had to choose a different program to complete the projects assigned. The application was confusing for the students to use. When you clicked to add a textbox it would be hidden behind the dialogue window and the students did not know it was added, so they repeatedly added textboxes onto their glog. The interface was just not user friendly. There are other programs that can do the same thing with no issues for free. They also charge an automatic renewal fee! After reaching out to the customer care department to inform them of the issues I had and letting them know they may want to look into the issues for other clients, their response was "The issues speak to me of firewall settings but, in accordance with your feedback, this is now, as we say in England 'neither here nor there'." I would like to believe it was firewall issues, however the program worked inconsistently. Firewall settings do not allow programs to work one day and then not work another day. Fortunately, I was able to find other programs that worked consistently.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymaddielee April 11, 2015

Glogster is Horrible

Glogster is just a horrible site to use! It is horrible! It constantly deletes my work, and I have to start over! I created about 13 Glogs for one assignment because the Glogs aren't even close to being long enough. Plus, it is ridiculous that you have to pay to get templates. I wouldn't recommend this to younger kids even, there is no spell check, and the website is confusing to work with. Not only, but I got a horrible grade because Glogster deleted my work and my Glogs weren't viewable to my teacher! Please don't use Glogster for education!
Adult Written byadiana2244 March 15, 2015

Difficult Interface

As a student, I am not too aware of safety issues but having to do several AP level projects using Glogster I have experienced the incompetence of the interface first hand. There is no option to create a template, basically squashing any creativity one can have. My group resorted to deleting all of the text and pictures and creating something that looked somewhat presentable. The text sizing system doesn't seem to difficult at first, until you figure out that the size changes when you change the size of the text box. It is very difficult to select a feature you want to edit, once again we ended up deleting and starting from scratch. Take this from a group of college bound high school seniors, this interface is very difficult and frustrating to use if you are looking to make a presentation that looks more professional than an elementary school project. I'd suggest using Prezzi instead.
Parent Written bykeiram October 6, 2014

Glogster Review

Glogster is a virtually new website that allows it’s user to create glogs. Students can use images, video, and audio to create their individual glogs. Although glog subjects vary, Glogster will give you general templates to use for creating your glog. But, one of the main issues with Glogster may be its variation in topics. Some reviews say certain glogs created are too graphic for their children. Glogster may want to think about its usage. Because the free range of topics makes it less likely to be used in the classroom. Another fault of Glogster is its set up. It’s not extremely user friendly. Sure some older teenagers and adults would figure out how to use Glogster within time. But for younger generations, they might not understand how Glogster really works. For example: You can’t: -Scroll -Delete with backspace -right click for options -undo Something as simplistic as these make the biggest impact on whether or not to use Glogster. Glogster needs to put better privacy and filter settings on their website. One user said, “this site contains racy pictures and biased language.” This is a big problem when using the website for school purposes. Especially in elementary school when there are things likes “heavy topics such as rape, suicide, and war.” Glogster could cause extreme issues with more sensitive children and parents who aren’t ready to introduce their children to such heavy topics. Glogster has the potential to be a great website, but by charging users a monthly fee, it makes people less inclined to use the website. Especially when the website still has some kinks to it, many people may say Glogster “isn’t worth the hassle”. If Glogster really wants to create a more friendly website, they need to make an education part that is separate from other more sensitive topics. Also they need a longer period of “play time”. So users can explore the website, and decide whether or not they want to pay for a potentially useless service.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAngief060 July 7, 2012
Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2011

I luv the website

at my school this was one of the websites we used. I think it is fine for kids my age.
Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2010

Don't think about the bad

Every one may say the site is bad i agree but it also saves money let's say for school projects it means u don't have to buy all the supplys your child needs