All member reviews for GoAnimate

Teen, 14 years old Written byMegaAdam May 28, 2011

Don't Go!Animate

As an aspiring animator, I can tell you that animation needs to be a time-consuming process that requires concentration and the best effort you can possibly give. This website is actually insulting. I mean, can't we just DRAW characters? I thought the point of animation was meant to be your own drawing coming to life, not some badly-made little sprite that moves for you. Go!Animate claims that they're "teaching" kids how to make animations themselves, but they could at least, AT THE VERY LEAST, let us draw and use actual dialogue, not some awful Microsoft-Sam-style speech recognition thing. I could go on and on and on about the many flaws this site has, but it's easier to simply advise you to stay away from the site, don't bother using it, and if you DO decide to give it a go, DO NOT actually give money. There is a Premium option, but all it seems to offer is extra options for making your characters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyeahbuddydotcom November 7, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS!!!

This website is EXTREMLY INNAPROPRIATE. In one movie making option, you can make a bunny suggestively point at their NUDE butt. No one under 20 should be able to see this extremly naughty bunny. Also, some president characters have the option to dance with TWO MIDDLE FINGERS HIGH IN THE AIR!!! :( This website is not for kids! You can also use a beer prop, swear in their sentences, use knives and other weapons, and even KILL each other. You can use characters and props from everyday life and use stores as backgrounds,such as McDonalds. Saftey is an issue because you can like other peoples videos, and watch them, even if they contain adult humor.
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2014

Meh.

Positive Messages:I didn't see any. Violence:Characters can use weapons, and people can create violent scenes. Sex:People can include cleavage, and also nudity. Language:You can put swears in videos. Consumerism:You just pay for a membership to export videos to YouTube and other websites. Alcohol:Alcohol objects exist. Privacy:It is a website, so people may give out personal info. My review:It's pretty good for people who don't prefer drawing or is inspired by Family Guy. A lot of people make grounded videos, which, in my opinion, get annoying. Overall, if you don't want to draw characters, this is the animating website for you. You can also put images in there from your computer files. If you prefer drawing characters, making your own frames, or adding your own sounds (though GoAnimate allows that as well.), get Flash instead.
Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2011

Not that good

Goanimate is a website that claims that you can make your own animations, but all they do is give you a handful of characters and you can select what you want them to do. Lots of videos have cursing(characters can say whatever you want them to say) videos can also have violence in them with dead bodies and blood. You are almost forced to buy goplus, the only way to make your own characters and movies longer than two minutes. Overall, don't bother with this site. Fourms are also about some suggestive themes. It is also very easy to hack into peoples account.
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2015

LEARNING

I cannot believe how bad this is.

Skip this. This won't teach anyone anything. All you do is drag and drop things. In ACTUAL animation, you can drag and drop things, but you must draw them beforehand. Go use flash or something. Also, it costs money.
Kid, 8 years old February 20, 2015

LEARNING

Yeah. I am making Joey's grounded series on this site.

I am making videos of "Joey gets grounded" now.
Kid, 11 years old November 1, 2014

LEARNING

Nice gimmick with some downsides

I rewrote this review because of GoAnimate's sudden "we-need-money" agenda, almost like that of ROBLOX. There used to be another website powered by GoAnimate that now redirects to GoAnimate for Schools. And what's this? Free plans are being eradicated? If you're going to be involved with GoAnimate at all, you should have at least $75 handy. However, they luckily left GoPlus up. (goanimate.com/plussignup)
Kid, 9 years old October 31, 2014

Language.

Most animations use swearing, sex, drinking/drugs/smoking and more, plus you have to create a profile picture.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJames V. Taylor June 22, 2014

LEARNING

A fine animating website to make teenagers and older kids creative.

I am a professional animator since I logged into that website, and I make animations that compile to animating bets. I occasionally use PowerPoint to make animations. I am stuck in the Free Plan, and I should buy either GoPublish or GoPremium (check the Consumerism symbol), and I used to have a souvenir account but I can't log into it (Check Privacy and Safety), but the GoBucks thing is removed since the website's renovation last year, and existing GoUsers can make characters for free. Good learning approach, teaches kids creativity, and is really good for wannabe animators.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews June 19, 2014

This Is Insulting To All Animators Out There

Whenever I hear or see somebody watching animations that were created from this program, I cover my ears and run as fast as possible away from it. This program is so dodgy, it's unbearably irritating; limited to only stuff like obnoxious talking robot voices and the membership doesn't do anything more resourceful. Heck, you don't even get an opportunity to animate your own characters, instead you're stuck with ones that look like they came straight out of Family Guy. From what I've seen from other users, there isn't anything that is too scandalous but it's just way too unbelievably stupid for you to let your child be stuck with. I refuse to recommend this to not only young kids but to anyone.
Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2014

Extremely innapropraite stuff!

Most people post videos following the story of Eric getting grounded. However, most of these, and even the original videos, are extremely innapropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTearBear October 9, 2013

Ummm.... No

It is very hard to use. I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 11, 2013

Good website!

GoAnimate is a useful website for creating cartoons. You don't need to draw the characters out, they're already there. I think my favorite section is "Comedy World" because its fun to make grounded vidros. However, it does suck how you have to pay to get a goplus account to get all the cool characters and voices. Pretty good website.
Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2013

cool

cool animation site, i use it. althrough, there are two things that concern me about it 1. the voices sometimes when i make them say something it turns out wrong, when i show it to my friends and they ask me to make it when they put haha it turns out like a man saying haha that dont care about the joke at all and has this face -_- 2. alot of the things you need to pay for (goplus) reminds me of clubpenguin. but thats it overall i really like this program.
Kid, 9 years old May 24, 2012

AMAZING!!!

Join Go!animate today! Create Animations for FREE It's so cool
Teen, 13 years old Written byHuskyHugoDingo March 5, 2012

Buggy and Misleading

If you are looking for Animation Software,Please skip this as you'll only find yourself dissapointed.
Kid, 11 years old December 15, 2011

Great!

This is a great site. If you are a serious hardcore animator, you may want to skip this though. You can only use actions already on a menu. The voices you can use are kind of bad, but if you have the proper equipment, you can record yourself. Violence isn't much of an issue. Language is though. The site does not use cursing. It is the community. There is no moderation, so just like youtube, language does pop up sometimes. Also some props, settings, and actions are only available if you buy them or have a GoPlus account.
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2011

GO GO ANIMATE :)

Go animate is a great tool for kids ages 8 and up. It's great for kids who like to write. The website is privacy settings for videos, and parents can easily check their kids profiles to make sure nothings inappropriate. But Go Animate is also super fun and addicting!!
Kid, 9 years old July 18, 2011

Fun!!! Go on the site!!!

You can make the character's say whatever you feel like!!! You can also make them do actions. You can even make them have feelings!!
Kid, 10 years old June 14, 2011

awesome!

i really like going to this site, but i just dont like that you have to buy stuff with gobucks... very little sexual content and not that much violence and NO bad language. i do recommend this site to everyone 10+