All member reviews for GoAnimate

Fun, do-it-yourself cartoons for budding teen animators.

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 11, 2013

Good website!

GoAnimate is a useful website for creating cartoons. You don't need to draw the characters out, they're already there. I think my favorite section is "Comedy World" because its fun to make grounded vidros. However, it does suck how you have to pay to get a goplus account to get all the cool characters and voices. Pretty good website.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTearBear October 9, 2013

Ummm.... No

It is very hard to use. I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL!!!
Written byAnonymous September 14, 2013

Good website!

This movie maker isn't quite bad as other users on here said it was. It's pretty good. But here is my problem with it. People use it to make grounded videos which I sort of lost interest in. They also use baby shows like The Wiggles in it. And the site steals text-to-speech voices like MS Sam. Also the animation looks like something you'd see off of Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show. So I like this but there are A LOT of flaws!
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2015

LEARNING

I cannot believe how bad this is.

Skip this. This won't teach anyone anything. All you do is drag and drop things. In ACTUAL animation, you can drag and drop things, but you must draw them beforehand. Go use flash or something. Also, it costs money.
Kid, 8 years old February 20, 2015

LEARNING

Yeah. I am making Joey's grounded series on this site.

I am making videos of "Joey gets grounded" now.
Kid, 11 years old November 1, 2014

LEARNING

Nice gimmick with some downsides

I rewrote this review because of GoAnimate's sudden "we-need-money" agenda, almost like that of ROBLOX. There used to be another website powered by GoAnimate that now redirects to GoAnimate for Schools. And what's this? Free plans are being eradicated? If you're going to be involved with GoAnimate at all, you should have at least $75 handy. However, they luckily left GoPlus up. (goanimate.com/plussignup)
Kid, 9 years old October 31, 2014

Language.

Most animations use swearing, sex, drinking/drugs/smoking and more, plus you have to create a profile picture.
Parent Written bynoahz September 9, 2014

Goanimate is Educational

It Is Recommended For Kids Ages 6+
Teen, 15 years old Written byJames V. Taylor June 22, 2014

LEARNING

A fine animating website to make teenagers and older kids creative.

I am a professional animator since I logged into that website, and I make animations that compile to animating bets. I occasionally use PowerPoint to make animations. I am stuck in the Free Plan, and I should buy either GoPublish or GoPremium (check the Consumerism symbol), and I used to have a souvenir account but I can't log into it (Check Privacy and Safety), but the GoBucks thing is removed since the website's renovation last year, and existing GoUsers can make characters for free. Good learning approach, teaches kids creativity, and is really good for wannabe animators.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews June 19, 2014

This Is Insulting To All Animators Out There

Whenever I hear or see somebody watching animations that were created from this program, I cover my ears and run as fast as possible away from it. This program is so dodgy, it's unbearably irritating; limited to only stuff like obnoxious talking robot voices and the membership doesn't do anything more resourceful. Heck, you don't even get an opportunity to animate your own characters, instead you're stuck with ones that look like they came straight out of Family Guy. From what I've seen from other users, there isn't anything that is too scandalous but it's just way too unbelievably stupid for you to let your child be stuck with. I refuse to recommend this to not only young kids but to anyone.
Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2014

Extremely innapropraite stuff!

Most people post videos following the story of Eric getting grounded. However, most of these, and even the original videos, are extremely innapropriate.
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2014

Meh.

Positive Messages:I didn't see any. Violence:Characters can use weapons, and people can create violent scenes. Sex:People can include cleavage, and also nudity. Language:You can put swears in videos. Consumerism:You just pay for a membership to export videos to YouTube and other websites. Alcohol:Alcohol objects exist. Privacy:It is a website, so people may give out personal info. My review:It's pretty good for people who don't prefer drawing or is inspired by Family Guy. A lot of people make grounded videos, which, in my opinion, get annoying. Overall, if you don't want to draw characters, this is the animating website for you. You can also put images in there from your computer files. If you prefer drawing characters, making your own frames, or adding your own sounds (though GoAnimate allows that as well.), get Flash instead.