All member reviews for GoAnimate

Fun, do-it-yourself cartoons for budding teen animators.

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byHuskyHugoDingo March 5, 2012

Buggy and Misleading

If you are looking for Animation Software,Please skip this as you'll only find yourself dissapointed.
Kid, 11 years old December 15, 2011

Great!

This is a great site. If you are a serious hardcore animator, you may want to skip this though. You can only use actions already on a menu. The voices you can use are kind of bad, but if you have the proper equipment, you can record yourself. Violence isn't much of an issue. Language is though. The site does not use cursing. It is the community. There is no moderation, so just like youtube, language does pop up sometimes. Also some props, settings, and actions are only available if you buy them or have a GoPlus account.
Adult Written bybasbel October 9, 2011

it is o.k

It is sorta good. the people talk funky and it is just..... O.k but it is so fun. you can make people laugh. Just do not watch anyone else's because they can have bad words. or drinking.
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2011

GO GO ANIMATE :)

Go animate is a great tool for kids ages 8 and up. It's great for kids who like to write. The website is privacy settings for videos, and parents can easily check their kids profiles to make sure nothings inappropriate. But Go Animate is also super fun and addicting!!
Kid, 9 years old July 18, 2011

Fun!!! Go on the site!!!

You can make the character's say whatever you feel like!!! You can also make them do actions. You can even make them have feelings!!
Kid, 10 years old June 14, 2011

awesome!

i really like going to this site, but i just dont like that you have to buy stuff with gobucks... very little sexual content and not that much violence and NO bad language. i do recommend this site to everyone 10+
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny January 29, 2011

Good website...

GoAnimate is a tool that can be used to simplify animation. No download required and registering is completely free. However, to get all the cool features, you have to pay, which I think is pretty lame. Good website for starters. I do not recommend this for professionals, though, or, like MegaAdam explained, those who'd rather draw their own characters. Overall, good website, but can do without the "money-grubbing". However, I do prefer real animation.
Kid, 10 years old October 22, 2010

My 2nd favorite website!

I LOVE IT! I actually managed to get 2 zombie nerdz episodes in without goPlus! Soul eater series coming soon! If you want to find me My username is gamerkid660. I also made an enrichment project for a school assingnment to make a tall tale! IT IS GREAT!!!
Adult Written bymuffin999 September 14, 2010

wow, thx for remonding me of this!
Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2010

money makes it less fun

ok for one im on this and i have to say there is so many things you have to pay for and this really stops the fun sure you make animations that are cool but you cant improve your animation and i have to do 10 more reviews to get to 100 reviews yay on ages 8 plus
Parent of a 11 year old Written byMissICT March 1, 2010

GoAnimate is GREAT!!

I am a parent as well as an ICT Coordinator for a school district. I learned about GoAnimate from my daughter who's teacher had used it with their class. The kids used it to make animations based on books that they had read. I checked out the site and LOVED it!! I have since recommended it to other schools and the GoAnimate staff are so helpful with the students and teachers. They are even working on creating a site that is specifically for schools and I'm told it will be ready soon.
Kid, 12 years old May 28, 2009

Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2009

endless creativity

I love this little site, its got a simple engine that is easy to use, it is also free, so that makes it extra good, but it does have some iffy material