Kid reviews for Google Buzz

Networking site designed for adults is too open for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySafemancam001 December 27, 2011

Don't let your kids use it

When I tried to use this website, it was too hard to put anything at all out there without showing information I want to be kept private. I basically just gave up on the thing. I think adults could use it easier because I wouldn't show some of the information Google Buzz wants unless I was at least 18.

Kid, 11 years old November 16, 2011

yay

It's pretty good.
Kid, 11 years old September 18, 2011

Good, some bad messages can be posted

Some of the messages people post on Buzz can have a positive influence and/or message. However, some of the language isn't good and there is no way to report a post. Also, safety can be an issue if someone you don't know is following you.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybailey.pappas August 18, 2011

google buzz...

I love it, it's a microblogging site, and i love it even I can't find my friends...
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2011

Just Fine

Gmail is fine for ten and up. You can really avoid most privacy issues, a lot of friends just use their last initial instead of full name. It's not as mature as facebook, and it's got good features. There's really nothing to worry about as long as your kids are aware of internet safety. I would recommend monitering their use, but not to an excessive amount, and don't bug them about it. Let them have privacy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 June 16, 2011

mature 11-year-olds

Google Buzz is accessible to anyone with a Gmail account. Though you must be thirteen, children can easily lie about their age just to have an e-mail account with Google. I admit, I did it when I was 11. Anyways, everything posted on Buzz is created by users, so there is no guarantee everything will be appropriate for children. Just make sure your child is very mature and knows who to follow and who not to (and who can follow them) before you let them have a Gmail.
Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2011

If you trust your child, it's a go for sure

I'm not allowed to have a Facebook until I'm older, and I find Buzz a good alternative as it is much safer. You can set a bunch of security features to what's just right for you. As long as you trust your child to not follow people they don't know or anything then you are fine! It is VERY difficult to find people you don't know on Buzz as when you go onto your Gmail and click Buzz it only shows your 'Wall' and you only see posts from the people you are following and posts that you posted. The only people you may not know are maybe your cousin's, aunt's, followers or such on there and even if you did follow them it's not a safety issue if a close relative knows them well.
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2011

Facebook for Kids

I don't actually think that Buzz is bad ... unless you're following some weirdo who talks about drugs, sex, alcohol, etc. But as long as you limit only Buzz Followers to seeing your page, all is good. People can post anything they want, but unless you type in a random name and they have something innapropriate on their Buzz, it's not really Google's fault. Actually, I've never noticed any ads. Buzz is just used for updates, like a Facebook wall.

Teen, 13 years old Written byChrispy6398 April 24, 2011
Buzz isn't nearly as bad or dangerous as Facebook, and in my opinion Facebook isn't even that bad. I've have an account for two years, and my friends or I never had any problems. It's as innocent as conversation with our friends, and it would be sad if Buzz were moderated.
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2011

Just...don't follow anyone but your friends...it's that simple.

I didn't even know I could see anyone but the people I follow without actually searching for a name. Accessing the user generated content is optional. The ads aren't much of a problem, they're out of the way and really don't advertise anything important. I like it because it's connected to Gmail , which is better than other email sites (you can group chat and video chat too.) It's certainly better than Facebook's two person chat system. And even if you have a Google account you don't have to set up a Buzz page. Cursing and drugs shouldn't be an issue at all...unless your friends curse and smoke. That's kinda...bad.
Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2011

Great fun

This is a great thing to do if you are bored and your friends are on. If you are worried about privacy, make a private profile so only the people you are following can see what you post.

Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2011

Mini- Facebook, in a good way!

It's a good site for kids who know how to handle their we-image properly, it's like a really mini- Facebook or Twitter.

Kid, 11 years old March 17, 2011
it's great plus if ur worried about safety make a private profile so you chose who follows you. I have one and have never had a problem if you give out ur info its ur fault u have to be careful on every site!

Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2011

Okay...

it's actually great, because if kids want to connect with friends, but aren't 13 they won't lie about their age and make a face-book. if you don't have a gmail you cannot get one. But it is kind-of lame, because your friends need to have a gmail too for you to connect with them.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybryon d February 10, 2011
ilexisparkly3
i i had to say: IT IS NOT GOOGLES FAULT!!!! it is your sisters fault and like where was her parnets?
Kid, 11 years old January 14, 2011

Safe and Good if you're sensible

I love buzz because for us who aren't allowed Facebook, buzz is a good alternative. It's pretty safe as long as you dont make friends with people you dont know! Stuff that comes with all social networking sites...

Teen, 13 years old Written byMollyJordan January 10, 2011

Stupid!

People can get phone numbers... this is stupid!

Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2011

ITS HORRIBLE!!!

OMG GOOGLE BUZZ IS TERRIBLE! My sister was talking with her online "friends" (strangers that were on her buddy list) and her school was put out and during her recess those "friends" were like twice her age they went to her school and bullied her it was sad. then my sister had to blame google buzz for her black eye and bruised arms

Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2011

Perfect for Mature Kids who know about safety.

OK, creepy, but this is what happened:
I have a friend and she's really "childish" she has an email and she asks for everyones emails! Ok one time she was chatting with a person she didn't know, and then that person said they were going to go to her school and beat her up!

Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2010
Its fine' if kids join no probelem with tht yall'

Educational Value