All member reviews for Grammar Girl: Quick and Dirty Tips

Teen, 13 years old Written byWhales 8741 September 17, 2013

Grammar Girl : Quick and Dirty Tricks

Okay, let's be honest about this, kids don't exactly love learning. There are faster, easier, and more awesome things to do out there. That's why if you want to make us learn it has to be entertaining. At first, this looked fun enough, and educational which is good. I clicked on an article, and thought it was funny and easy to learn. I think the author has amazing writing skills. However, I don't exactly enjoy the layout of the website. For one, the ads. I don't usually have a problem with advertisements, but on this website I do. They make noise. There's this one ad that just has someone singing, and it's bugging me when I'm trying to read. Not only that, but the flashing and bright colors of the advertisements make me lose my focus from the article. I know advertising makes you a lot of money, but it's distracting. If you still want to make some money, then you can continue to advertise but have a mute button above an advertisement, and when you press it, it disappears. I've also seen some awkward commercials on there that disturb me, so please fix the ad issue. Other than that, the website is fun, educational, and has a bad layout.
Educator and Parent Written byStoriestoLast June 4, 2013

Great site for writers of any age!

As a writer, I use this site frequently. It is fairly easy to search for some of the trickiest grammar rules. For those rules, it covers most conditions and a conversational, easy style. Some of the formal grammar sites require rereading to interpret the rules.