All member reviews for Grooveshark

User-sourced music-sharing site is fun, fast, and free.

Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2010

best for preteens and up

The songs are great all the circles are there because it depends on what you're listening to.
Kid, 9 years old December 18, 2014

Kinda bad for a 9 year old

When I went on Grooveshark, I saw ads that was offering Vodka and Wine. I tried to report the wine ad and it didn't work. Trust me. It's not for children.
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2015

Listen to it all the time

Just fine but it has ads
Written byAnonymous April 30, 2011

Grooveshark. Stream music for free without adverts. Bliss!

I absolutely love Grooveshark, and kicks Spotify Free out of the water. Search for music by any artist you wish, and 9 out of 10 times, you will find it. The quality is very good however since the users upload the content, some can be of poor quality or mislabeled. You do not have to sign up and there are no adverts like Spotify either so since your song finishes, it will either play the next in line, or find a new song and play it. There is an optional mothly fee without any adverts, but these are only visual and can quite happily live with them. It is waste of money, but for $5 a month, if it bothers you it will be worth the cash. Overall, its a good alternative to Spotify who have lost their way, the quality is good and there is a good selection, and there are no adverts! What are you waiting for? Go to Grooveshark and play to your hearts content!
Teen, 16 years old Written byPrincessCharmed797 October 17, 2012

Grooveshark

I love grooveshark.
Teen, 14 years old Written byyung.ty October 20, 2011

bye

it nice
Kid, 9 years old June 28, 2011

Just be wary of what you listen to.

I love this website!!! BUT, sometimes you have to watch what you listen to. COMPLETLY agree with review below mine.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrandonh1996 February 20, 2011

Just make sure listening to Appropriate Music

Very Safe, Appropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykellipetrelli November 15, 2010

Nice!!!!

I love this site. I think its awesome and fun for when im writing or stuff.
Teen, 14 years old Written byZarah November 13, 2010

Great website but depends on what you're listening to.

It's a great website but there are many types of music on it. Some songs may have language or sexual content but if you already know what you want to listen to you can look up those songs and make them into a playlist with no other songs on it but the ones you want. I love getting on it to listen to my favorite songs!
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byrmp November 5, 2010

Inappropriate product placement and suggestive advertisting

First log-in - Huge Victoria's Secret Underwear ad - this is not what I was expecting and is not a positive message to teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 October 26, 2010

This depends on how good and bad, how the songs are. It has all of your favorite songs to listen to online. Sounds like a good idea though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheyCallMeColepi October 24, 2010

Rating Depends on What YOU Chose to Listen To

To be honest the way you rate the website is based on the type of music you listen to with it. There are songs with some language in them, but it's really up to you to add them. I do like this site, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRodeo-Girl October 23, 2010

Great for 12+ Iffy for 10 and under

Great site, but there are a lot of ads out there, and quite a few users with innapropriate content, but if you don't pay attention to the social features, you are just fine. The music selection is great, with many types of music, you can find just about any song in the world. I really like the site, but some loading problems occured. In my opinion: Violence: No problem Sexy stuff: In a couple of ads Language: A few songs have mild language. Ads: A lot! Drugs: Nope
Teen, 13 years old Written byAfricaFreak17 October 23, 2010

Not letting your kid on Grooveshark?

It is like any other music website. you can listen to music and watch videos. My username is ClarinetteFreak17 if u wanna send me a message about what u think. Or email me at lambasabms6717778@gmail.com for other issues or questions.
Kid, 11 years old September 29, 2010

some innappropriate music choices, but ok.

the only problem is that some of the songs have really bad lyrics. its ok for kids as long as they know what they want to listen to. your little ones might get disoriented and stumble across a bad song and hear it. loading time is slow so id rather use youtube to listen to my music. its ok.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymmart September 24, 2010

Really on the fence with this one. We allow our child to use it as long as he is within earshot of an adult. You can find any song here, but that includes songs with explicit lyrics, so parental guidance is a must.
Kid, 12 years old September 11, 2010

Great Site For Music.

This site is great for finding new music. it's free and safe. the only thing which might be bad is that you can find song's with swearing. but if you want to avoid that. search for "clean versions"
Teen, 13 years old Written byasam September 6, 2010