All member reviews for Habbo

Kid, 10 years old June 17, 2012

OK, but pushes coins and VIP memberships

Habbo is starting to mute the hotel because people keep cussing and saying bad words. And I saw full rooms that say "Teen party" and "Sexy singles dating and beds" and "Gay, bi, lez, and trans chat! (gay, bisexual, lesbos, and transvesual habbos)". And most rooms now have group gates and stuff like that. And on roller wired mazes, VIPS and blockers hog seats and trip you sending you back to the start, cussing you out and calling you a noob. It's not fair. They even said they were removing pixels! :O
Teen, 15 years old Written byMarlon667 May 26, 2012

Be smart and resilient (reading this requires motivation)

Do not forget that most of the reviews claimed to be based on first-hand experience may have had different experiences. Some has it easy and nice, some saw the dark side straight away, and were scared off it. I have had a mixture of everything that this "Social networking" site has had to offer. So if you do not wish to read a really long review on this spiralling website, skip to the last paragraph AND just remember this: KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! The one thing nothing in the world can take from you (bar our Maker) is our common sense, unless you don't use often/were born without such sense. Let us begin... Nine years old. I was in year 5, the first time one of my school friend Skyped me about Habbo. The first thing I realised is that she, like so many others, had lied about her age. I had several unsuccessful attempts at registering for my account, until I read the writing on the wall. And, being nine, and not wanting to miss out on something that was as exciting and as pixelated as this, I lied about my age too (gasp!). I get in to this dream world filled with cafes where you get free food, to the hotel games, to the hangouts everywhere (please note; Habbo has been updates immensely since 2006, I was on the old AND new versions of Habbo). Me and my two school-friends on Skype voice-chatted while we explored Habbo Hotel together. I came across user-created rooms, and though "How do these people get these things, and these rooms?" I created a room (free) and realised i needed to fill it with something: Furni. You have to pay for furni with Habbo Credits (or Coins, as they were called in the olden US days; i got mixed up between the UK and US versions), and to get Credits, you needed REAL money. And that's when I noticed my landline phone. They give you a huge list of how to pay for the screen-items. Phone, card, texting and such. Yes, they did have spending limits (£25 a week for the home phone) So I suddenly became rich and popular in my Habbo world, until my dad found out why the phone bill was so high... Enter scammers. There's a whole level of corruption to Habbo that most people don't recognise. People get scammed out of their Furni pretty quickly, with promises of free coins for their password, or free Habbo Club Membership (I was part of HC). I got scammed out of one of my rare sofas for a fake Credit code. I became much smarter then. After about 2-3 weeks, we slowly drifted away from Habbo, partly scared of all the badness in it. Before, Sulake was very strict about the language filter. Every rude word was replaced with "bobba". You couldn't even say embarrassed without it being changed to embarBOBBAed (Bobba was later changed to the universally recognised ****). Then, it suddenly came up in the account settings: you could turn the language filter off! Without parental permission! The other thing that scared us was the new Habbo Exchange feature, but this is a whole other world of corruption best mentioned later. I stopped playing indefinitely around aged 10. I got bored in one of my half term breaks in Year 11, and decided to see what Habbo had turned into. First off, I lost all the money i had put into Habbo; it looked like they had done a merger of all the English Hotels into one site, and deleted inactive accounts. So I started from square one. I have to say, I was impressed by the changes. It looks like they were trying to address the people who didn't want to spend money by adding a new currency called Pixels, which is free, but only buys you a limited amount of furni and temporary effects. They make things look more shiny and new and exciting, and they APPEAR to be addressing scamming issues, when in reality they just send victims a pasted message warning them about scammers and and gambling. That's right. Gambling. They warn. They don't prevent. THEY WARN. Of course, gambling would be the perfect thing to generate more cash (If I may, I will come back to the Habbo Exchange issue). Habbo exchange lets you trade money with players. Real Money (In form of credits, non refundable.). The credits that you spend on furni, bought with REAL MONEY, can be traded in it own furni form, so people can show off their wealth, and then turn then back into spendable credits. After I left, Sulake started TAXING the players on their Habbo Exchange, as it had effectively become the new currency of the Hotel; people were buying furni off other people because they were so much cheaper than Sulake's own catalogue. And this brought a new dynamic to this whole corruption picture. Children are practically encouraged to gamble in the Hotel. If they lose, so what? Buy more credits and try again! The tone is caring, but the implications are crystal clear. The games used to be played for fun, had turned into scams; I was scammed so many times, people were even resorting to randomly trading people in hope that they would no notice the person they were trading to, and give them something (If a player lost a game, they had the option to Pay to Play, and if the victim is door-scammed, as described, they are in danger of losing everything.) I wanted to combat this somehow. So I set up my own, legitimate Falling Furni room (google it), which was hard at first. I'm black, and there are lots of racist/stereotypical people on this game (some guy came up to me, pretending to shoot me because i was black), and people are already wary of scams. But it took a few games where people couldn't believe that had actually got a prize, and people realised that there were good people on Habbo, and they are as rare as finding a green diamond in your shoe. I still continue this falling furni, and have alot of business, as people make lists of trusted players. What I'm trying to say is, if your not smart about what you do on the internet, Stay Away From Habbo Hotel, you will be morally crushed. I made mistakes, learned from then, and now I'm one of the good people. Tread carefully, and there will be rich rewards. Try getting a job (I'm (marlin6667) hiring!) and if you got a litle spare cash lying around, use it to improve Habbo. Enough good guys can turn things around yet!
Kid, 9 years old April 11, 2012

Too much engaging in sex activities.

It is a very "physco" world. There is too many sex engagements and foul language, and the game charges too much for things like Credits. They may have free Offers, but they don't get many credits. They could spend them only on lodge stools and very useless and disappointing things! I may be 9 years old, but I have been trained well for 6 years on a laptop.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStoddert December 26, 2011

Not for Kids/Teens

I played this game and I've permanently stopped playing after I went into the virtual "White House" and people were talking about inappropriate things.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2011

Don't Let your kids!

I am 12 and I have to admit I lied about my age. I really regret it, so please if you are under aged don't bother. You would be horrified about some of stuff on there. There are rooms called love rooms, and believe me the title suits the room.
Kid, 11 years old November 12, 2011

Disgusting, Disrespectful GAME!

Im only 11 and I played this. I got banned for something I didnt do. It was annoying. People used vulgar language. They bullied, and they even talked about ' sex '. I was embarressed I even told my friends to never go on this site. Facebook is better than this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNeonButterflies September 2, 2011

Don't let little kids go on here! 14+ and that's it!

I've been playing Habbo for a good 4 years. (Since I was 10, now I'm 14) And I must say.... that site is NOT for kids. I mean the amount of racism and cursing that's on there is just wayyyy too much. I never used to curse before I was on Habbo. Now I curse 24/7. There are really some great people there... you just have to watch out for the people that want to cyber, and ask to go on cams, etc. Habbo is p
Teen, 17 years old Written bywofford101 August 17, 2011

i play it

well i have an account and there are so many people saying almost cusses like fck and $$$$ and rooms like be gay room there is like 5 rooms like that im glad its thirteen it should be and little kids should not lie bout their age there is a reason they put ages on vitaul wourlds
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2011

Fun game spoilt by foul mouthed users.

I play on Habbo quite a bit and I like the site, it is a "hangout for teens". But what goes on in this hotel might not be for teens. GOOD EDUCATIONAL VALUE: None really. You may come across someone from another country and pick up some of their language. But probably not. 0/5. POSITIVE MESSAGES: None. 0/5. PRIVACY OR SAFETY: THE MODERATORS DO NOTHING. I had to report someone for being racist and the moderators don't help. They just say "If someone is bothering you, move to another room". They don't care and don't ban like they used to. FIX THIS. 0/5. BAD VIOLENCE: Some people go on and say "Robs" etc. or "Shoots". People don't really die though. 2/5. S-X: Many sexy rooms like "S-NGLES CLUB!!!" or "G-Y CLUB" and other rooms to do with s-x. Sometimes users climb on to double beds and say "Has s-x." Habbos can't actually have s-x though. 3/5. LANGUAGE: Big problem. Users can easily get around filter by adding extra letters to curses. E.g. Adding extra "u" to Fu-k, Extra I to bi-ch and worse of all, extra "a"s to the n-word. This is offensive and despite live moderators watching over, they hardly help. 5/5. PRODUCT PLACEMENT: Some ads, generally to do with cyber-bullying and the environment. 1/5. DRINKING, DRUGS OR SMOKING: In some "fridges", users can get out cider and drink it. Other then that, nothing much. Of course, Habbos can type "Smokes cigar" and the like, even though they can't in the game. 1/5. OVERALL: What can I say. Fun game spoilt by users with foul mouths and lazy moderators - what are they thinking at Sulake? Other then language, what users attempt to do (e.g. have s-x) can't really happen. Despite this, it's inappropriate for children. Only go on if you know a lot about the world.
Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2011

ok

some pepole say really bad stuff so i report theme or ignor theme and play aprotly
Teen, 13 years old Written byheavymetalfanatic July 24, 2011

not appropriate, move on

I have went on this site. The problem is, there are rooms that people create. There are themes that you can label them. There are these "love" rooms that have to do with sex. So i went into one, and there were nonstop dirty stuff spilling out of people's mouthes. This one girl said "Who wants to f*** me" If you are under fifteen, dont go on this site.
Teen, 14 years old Written byConwolf July 20, 2011

Keep an eye open

Like all games that allow open chat, there is use of some foul words by users.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrybry102 July 20, 2011

Good.

I only play to stay in contact with my friends, that i know in real. and i may have some friends on habbo, but i love it , i report people who pretend to do things
Teen, 17 years old Written byKraken July 17, 2011

GREAT GAME AT 2011 !

this habbo is the cool game ever . . ur should try !! xD
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2011

Need to be mature

I've only been on for 2 days and I don't really like it they make you think it is all that but it isn't. You in a hotel, and you talk to people that is it! pretty boring, but unless yoou get involed with someone or somethign then you mgiht like it, this is my just point of view.
Kid, 12 years old January 20, 2011

If you know what your doing

On Habbo, you can do anything from playing fun games to having virtual sex. PLEASE NOTE anyone who is reported for making a room like this will be suspended from the website and the moderators are fast to respond. However, the moderators do not care about racist, sexist, or homophobic insults. At child probably can share a phone number if they chose, but the website has a low predator rate. I have been a member for almost two years and have never been asked any personal info. The only filter is the "bobba" filter, where any cuss word will come out as bobba. However, you can easily work around the bobba filter (example: you can easily call someone a 13itch), and you can even take OFF the bobba filter, but a long string of numbers will always come out as bobba because they fear it could be a phone number.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnywhereButHere January 11, 2011

Great Site, But A Lot Of Iffy Things For Younger Children

I've been playing Habbo since I was 10. It's great fun and I've made so many friends that I still hang out with on the site. Most players date on the site, though I do not and some even engage in sexual acts. There is a lot of cursing bad words going on in the game. I suggest you're child being -mature- (I use that word strongly) and 13 or older before entering the site.
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2010

A B E R I N A P A R K

I was ADDICTED TO HABBO. but then, i went to "A B E R I N A P A R K" owned and operated by JohnnyFishcake, and All the Uk kids hang out there. They talk about things that my dad doesnt even talk about. DONT GO ON HABBO !
Teen, 13 years old Written bySmoothie971 December 17, 2010

OK site, PRIVACY!

The main purpose of this site is for teens to chat, make new friends date or just chat... I'm not really into that, but some people think it is good. You just go from room to room chatting.. Not amazing... If you are a parent I would make sure your kid isn't going into dating rooms or something, but as long as they don't give away personal info, they should be fine.. Be REALLY careful with privacy though!
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2010

I think it is a okay site in itself (fun) but the people on there are really rude. They can talk to you in private chats and say rude things. I only use it to talk to my friends I know in real life sometimes. So I guess if you only talk to people you really know in private rooms that is okay.