Kid reviews for Happy Tree Friends

Gory, ultra-violent, cynical, black-humored site.

Kid, 11 years old August 26, 2011

kids will want to see this :D

Happy Tree Freinds dont judge a book by its cover its gory and violent the creator is mondo media so they make over episodes than happy tree friends, Rated R for High Nutritious Violence and blood and gore some. adults wont find it funny they will find it to violent but some teens and tweens will enjoy it

Teen, 16 years old Written byPenguinFan July 11, 2011

If you can get past the gore, it's a pretty fun show

Yeah, so before I start reviewing this in-depth, know that the amount of blood and guts in this show could give movies like Saw and Braindead a run for their money, so if there are any actual parents out there wondering if this show is alright for their kids; unless you are trying to raise them to be like Charles Manson, the answer is no. With that being said, this show is awesome. The strangest thing about it for me is that I don't actually find the deaths or gore funny, or any of the violence in general (although I do find that it adds substance; if it was just a show about these (sort of) talking animals with no gore and just regular plots, it would be boring, although they are times when it goes to far, like when characters inflict self harm or are tortured, both of which have happened several times). So why do I like it? I have no idea! I do like the characters, but the episodes are usually so short, the story so straightforward and, along with the fact that there is close to no speech, the characters are usually pretty one-dimensional with a few specific traits, and only exist to die. Perhaps it is the fact that, especially recently, the creators have developed everything more, making longer episodes, more interesting characters, and have even added jokes that don't involve any sort of gore or violence. The violence is still the focus of the show, but not as much as it used to be, its as though the creators decided it was getting old and have tried to adjust. A final thing is the amount of ads you will see when watching the episodes or browsing the site (even if you watch the episodes on Youtube!). This is a popular show, so if you do watch it, expect to see a lot of ads before you get there.

Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2011

Iffy for teens

Digustingly violent. Blood, guts, and dead bodies abound.

Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2011

Not for kids

I admit it is NOT safe for kids, but still I love it and I'm 9, Its 18+, but you got to admit its extremely funny, but if my mother saw she would die!

Kid, 9 years old April 1, 2011

TV-14

There's violence,bad violence.When it was on TV.It was rated TV-PG.It should have been TV-14-V.

Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2011

Bad Website!

I should have never bought this DVD! Very inappropriate for all ages! There is plenty of bleeding and strong weapons and lots of dark humor for teenagers and tweens and little kids!

Kid, 11 years old March 18, 2011

I DONT GET IT.

Why does every adult hate this show? It even has a frickin warning at the begging! (Well, not the internet episodes...) Still, a lot of kids in maybe in 5th grade know about brains, guts, and more. So its not insane, cause I think its pretty cool. The only thing I think is a little insane is the character Flippy.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne February 27, 2011

ARCK!! NO! NONONONONO!!!!

Not for anyone who is soft, emotional, and frilly! It seems like every time you watch an episode, blood splatters on the screen! *shivers*

Teen, 13 years old Written bypersonator February 27, 2011

It just depends on what kind of person you are

Okay, so I can't tell you what to let your kids watch. But I personally think its a kinda creepy and sick show. The only episode I ever saw was this little segment where some squirrel or whatever put an electric razor in his mouth. Then his buddy plugged it in and it ended horribly. The only thing I can think of that might be slightly amusing about the show is that the blood is so over excessive ad not realistic at all. That being said, the blood and guts factor is what made it sick. If you let one of your weak-stomached kids watch it, they'll probably puke. Personally, I didn't get nightmares or anything when I watched it at eleven, but when I was eight and tried to watch it for the first time it completely terrified me.

Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Show Is Retarted And It Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :\

Kid, 7 years old February 23, 2011

hillarious but theyr running out of good ideas

Happy tree friendz has been a favorit of mine for over a month it iz soooo funny hahaha

Teen, 13 years old Written bymightymouse February 6, 2011
Ridiculously fake, and (though I say it somewhat sarcastically) it's not real, so it's okay! Everyone (with the exception of one, sometimes) usually dies in an extremely bloody, stupid way, but if you let your kid go with you to the meat counter at Wal-Mart, nothing to freak out over. Though if your child does watch this and enjoys it, it would be good and educational (to your child's psyche) to ask why. It's very cynical, and while that's not wrong, I wouldn't exactly want an eight-year-old laughing their head's off at the Darwin Award recipients. You could eke out a positive message in that stupidity kills, so it's good to think wisely before acting. Bit of a stretch, but, it's completely up to the parents and the child(ren).

Teen, 13 years old Written byXxlockxX January 21, 2011

Shocking...

Ah ha... It's stupid, and funny! I watched it on Bing, and i was shocked to see that they kill each other on accident.. Or they're too stupid to notice..
Teen, 13 years old Written byXxshayminxX January 8, 2011

WHAT THE

WHY THE HECK DID COMMON SENSE GIVE IT 5 STARS

Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2011

Sucky

I watched it and I was shocked. I thought it was gonna be a cute cartoon but it turned out to be a freaking adult cartoon. lumpy swears in doggonit and there is tons of blood and gore. NOT FOR KIDS

Teen, 15 years old Written byMastA.PandA December 5, 2010

no kids. teens will ?!

I ? HAPPY TREE FRIENDS! i dressed up as one for Halloween, granted its violent, DON'T PUT YOUR KIDS ON SUCH CLOSE WATCH.......they would LOVE to watch it.

Kid, 12 years old November 21, 2010

Extremely bloody and gory, not for little people

Happy Tree Friends is way to violent and bloody for little kids and tweens, but is still pretty good. They show too many comercials though which is an issue. I was first introduced to this when I was about 10 and I think It's ok.

Teen, 17 years old Written byidkwhat November 21, 2010
i like this show but i hate the ads its interrupting the show im trying to watch and lumpy is such a stupid retard i saw pop with a smoke

Teen, 13 years old Written by2cat007 October 11, 2010
I hate the series its gross it makes me want to barf and cry everytime I see an animal get hurt. I think the show should be banned from the internet!

Kid, 11 years old September 8, 2010

good for teens but not young kids

my best friend told me to check this show out one day and i loved it it has a LOT of blood and gore and i think that young kids should not see this buy teens could have a good time watching this but adults might find this to violent so i say its for pre teens and teens