All member reviews for iCivics

Engaging games give kids safe, smart civics lessons.

Learning(i)

Educator and Parent of a 10 year old Written byRunesong October 14, 2012

LEARNING

Fantastic site for fun & education

My daughter & her friends can't stop raving about this site which I introduced to them on Constitution Day! Many games & many topics to choose from. Manage a team of constitutional lawyers or support your side of a real Supreme Court case with relevant arguments. The more you play, the more you learn & the more points you earn. Best of all, the site lets kids spend their earned points on community service projects they care about from around the country. It's refreshing to see a site for kids that was actually designed with the kids' best interests, including privacy, in mind. Someone really got this one right, on all counts!
Educator and Parent Written byParentingTwinsAndMor March 14, 2013

LEARNING

High Schoolers and Homeschoolers Love it too!

My kids are in high school and really enjoy this game. I introduced it to them for homeschooling during the election last November to use for 2 weeks. But... they absolutely LOVED it so much, they still use it without me asking. In fact my eldest is doing her official government curriculum and she feels better about what she is learning because she was familiar with the concepts from iCivics. A winner!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMariosonicfan7654321 November 24, 2012

Educational

Has games that help kids learn social studies skills and how our government works.
Kid, 10 years old November 28, 2013

Read Me

Hi. This website is amazing! There are so much things to do on this website. The cirriculum is from being the president for a day, (Executive Command) to helping a fairy lead others to their new home in America. (Immegration Nation) I was once reading about this website and I discovered that it was founded by none other than Sandra Day O Connor. Another cool thing is after a game the number of points you earned is transformed into "Impact" points. "Impact" points are used to support charities from helping hand in Africa(Water for Africa) to helping kids in times of need. (Kids Companion). If you are a teacher,student or just a supporter use Icivics today!
Educator and Parent Written byErick Khaile Zent October 10, 2014

Kids

It is great , Its not inappropriate i actually recommend you as a professional to tell your child or friends to try this website out