Parent reviews for IMVU

Sophisticated chat world has sexual content.

Wondering if IMVU is OK for your kids?

Adult Written byrosemistshadow March 29, 2009

What a rubbish opinion

IMVU is a wonderful site, I met loads of friends on it that are now very close to my heart. As for those daft comments about getting AP for raunchy and explicit reasons, that is gumph. I got AP so I could make a public chat room, you can only do this by getting AP or VIP.

If you want to see my lovely and innocent HP on it then I'm called RoseMistShadow. Feel free to look.
Adult Written byAshivara April 9, 2008

Do not rate something that you've used for a week or so

I'm a developer on IMVU and have been there since around 2 years. To acces the mature content products you have to have atleast 18 and the so called Acess Pass that costs $20. I know that a lot of kids sign up there simply to explore in a way "sexuality". The staff is trying to "fix" things regarding comments as the starting one in here but those compromises cost developers as me not just their time but also money...yes I earn money from IMVU and pay some of my college needs and etc.No normal adult would go tell a kid in a chat now to jump on something and also if the kids feels disturbed by him/her it can always report and block him/her.For me IMVU's for all ages just not for all people regarding their immaturity.
Adult Written byMa Akash October 13, 2020

I started on there about 14 years ago and it changed!

I started on IMVU 14-15 years ago I believe it was about that long. Many years ago I also worked as a developer there and I loved it. But sadly it changed. The customer serves is a nightmare and the whole place is nothing like it use to be. Also there was never really any updates to the graphic software/engine, it's not much different then 15 years ago, sadly.
I would NEVER let my children go on and my husband and I are sad I had spent so much money long ago on there because it's not worst it any long, feels like a waste.
Don't waste your money or time. Second Life and many other 3D Virtual messengers are easier more fun way to spend a little time relaxing and being peaceful. IMVU isn't the place.

Adult Written byTabi . September 23, 2020

BOYCOTT IMVU & NEVER EVER EVER SPEND ANY MONEY ON IT !!!

I warn everyone never to spend one penny on this shitty site and don't give them your money and waste your money and time on this useless place, now imvu have became a place where only raspiests and pedophiles and racists people hang out, you wont find single decent person on imvu, and it has only turned in to a place to steal peoples money and to offend them and violate them, imvu talks about violating their terms of service when the truth is that they are the ones violating all peoples rights and money...I warn everyone never to think on spending money on imvu, even if you spend thousands and you been a user for so many years they wont care and will disable you whenever they want and for no reason at all without any explanation or warning...you will lose everything in a second...take it from a person who used imvu for 13 years and spend so much on it and worked my heart and soul to build my account on it, and even then they disabled me for no reason and when i have done nothing.

No one's account is safe on imvu or protected, they can throw you in the trash whenever they want and feel like it without giving any explanation or reasons, even if you are going by their rules and policies and never broke them they will still treat you like a criminal, this is no way to do business or treat the customers, very very poor and pathetic way of doing business.

IMVU have 0 customer service and support, they treat their customers so bad and worse than trash, i have been on imvu since 13 years and not even once have broken any imvu policies or rules or went against any of imvu TOS, and even then imvu disabled my account for no reason twice,first time when they did it was proved that i did nothing and then i had it back now they did the same thing again and without any justification, they just assume things and disable accounts at once on suspicion and doubts without even investigating in the matter or making sure of it.

No one should spend one penny on this thing or give them any money, they can disable you at anytime without any reason even if you are old and senior user or even if you have spent fortune on it, they wont care and will disable your account without any explanation or justification....stop wasting your money, I am a living example of that....my account is 13 years old and i spend so much time and did so much hard work on building it and yet they disabled me for no reason when i did nothing wrong.

Adult Written byShataylor September 13, 2020

Scorned Mother

IMVU has destroyed my child. I am very protective over my children in every area with all acknowledgements that I can’t shelter them from the world. My child was visiting his Father for the summer at the age 7, his Father believing IMVU was a friendly animated game App without checking the content then I learned of the game during that summer immediately checking my child’s iPad to find the game downloaded. I immediately deleted and took away the iPad also like any mother who cares went off on his father for being so careless. It’s two years With the same continuing issue, my child continue to be addicted having a sexual urge therefore finding anyway to access IMVU also having many accounts. I have cried inconsolably none stop from trying to figure out how to keep my child from this app also wanting my child back mentally but he seem to find away to the app no matter what. What you feed to the mind will develop especially within a child because they do not no any better. I never knew until this year it was an inbox to IMVU, As I opened the messages my heart shattered in many pieces and body became limp. My child have been having sexual conversation with the same sex and opposite sex talking about things to do with each other and children that no adult In their right mind can imagine thinking, doing or done sexually. These apps IMVU , second chance, robox and etc are the new age for how sexual predators contact then mold your child to gain access to your child. My child is now In therapy because of this app. IMVU has completely destroyed my child & life. Everyday I worry if a predator may talk my child out the home because secretly my child finding a way to access this app, it has came to a point I must quite my job to be sure of my child’s safety. IMVU should do better when approving accounts. IMVU should have the profiler to confirm the account thru the email that was given also take the time to delete any account with emails that make no sense such as [email protected] And once a month have them to confirm the account thru Email giving them 10days to reply, no reply account deleted. I am gonna to do everything in my soul to get this app removed from app stores also go farther because I’ll never want another family to endure the hurt we have or a child to come up missing.

Take the time to think why would an adult think this app is appropriate and why would a child be on the reviews, talking as if their an adult and not a child because it’s an adult, duh. Most of the children or adults who claim this site is appropriate fun etc 9x out of 10 its a child who don’t want this app removed in order to keep talking sexual Or hopes of sexual activity and predators.

Adult Written bylenetra August 19, 2020

everything was going good until

they banned me from me from my account for no reason
Adult Written bySspra July 30, 2020

My time on this app

DONT spread your money on this!!! I have never had so much problems with games until I joined IMVU. The accounts are always hacked if you look rich. Don't try to find love on here because you WILL be catfish. I would recommend playing sims freeplay.

Adult Written byAvelManson July 6, 2020

Don't trust imvu

so I had an imvu account and let's just say they stole all of my money and they will not return it. Do not waste your time on imvu its pure garbage. They stole over 6 grand. I have to tell everyone because no one deserves this. They are thiefs and I wouldn't curse even my most hated enemy with imvu. I think imvu should be shut down. Its not a safe place for anyone they get your identity and they steal all your money. They ask for your ID to verify your age on the account and proof of who you are so they can take everything from you. Don't make the same mistake I did. I regret falling for there trap.

Adult Written bycrohlyn June 29, 2020

This site gave me lifelong trauma as a child

Hi, I’m now an 18 year old woman. However, back when I was 8, I was exposed to such graphic, scary things from people online in these chat rooms on IMVU. I had a rough time and no friends so I wanted to find people online to talk to. I fell for the cutesy avatars in the ads and hit download. It was the worst decision I could’ve ever made, but I didn’t know any better. I was a kid. I fell for the adults posing as children. They would pretend to be your friend for weeks before suddenly becoming very predatory, terrifying, and incredibly sexually explicit. I ended up being groomed and victimized through this platform by several people from ages 8-12. That’s exactly who IMVU targets with their marketing: teens and children. But do NOT be fooled. It is purely a graphic sex chat site, and because of this, there are some really vile and shocking things people will get up to in the chats that can really traumatize your kid. Even teenagers should never be around the horrible things some people do on that site. I will carry this trauma with me for life and it could’ve been avoided if my parents had known and had heard about the dangers of the site. These are just random people talking on the site. You don’t know who they are or what they will expose your child to. Don’t let your kids have the misfortune of finding out. Do not let them on this site EVER.

Adult Written byRusishvili June 14, 2020
Adult Written bymcBinaryCode001 May 12, 2020

...IMVU is...honestly not worth playing in 2020...

The chat game genre was a good idea from the start but, its honestly dying off. IMVU was fun...back in 2010 when getting on the internet was amazing and fun but, its spotlight is beginning to fade out slowly. Its community is made out of people who are cuddly as a cactus and charming as an Eel on your sanity and mental health. It's honestly safe to say I would rather hang out with Nelson from The Simpsons than someone from IMVU. Personally, I don't blame the developers for this. They never asked for their community to be made up of immature 28-30 year olds who would rather play Keeping Up With The Kardashians than have a decent conversation with other users. Also for adults, I wouldn't recommend this for your children. This game has a whole portal dedicated to making NSFW content.

Adult Written byMurmursOfTruth May 9, 2020

IMVU protects pedophilia

I have a screenshot of a user promoting pedophilia and IMVU refused to ban them.

IMVU protects pedophiles.

Adult Written byCapt.tellall April 27, 2020

DECEPTION

Parents BEWARE 40 50 & 60 year old women having sex with minors portraying themselves as 16 17 & 18 year old males. These player's brag that IMVU protects them. Call your Gaming commission & file a complaint if your child has been victim of this. IMVU does not follow their own rules BEWARE Portal for Child Molesters.

Adult Written by000101001a March 25, 2020

This is not a game

IMVU [Instant Messaging Virtual Universe] just like Second Life and other "sims" are actually glorified chatrooms.
All kinds of people go there and anyone can pose as a minor to chat with other minors.

There is no in-game currency here, the IMVU "credits" are real money and people who create content for this service [because for a monthly fee you can submit your own creations] are paid for the things they create by other players.

There are no games to play, you just socialize with people or use the platform to take pictures of your avatar.

Adult Written bylindafe March 22, 2020

It is a very good application and it entertains a lot besides that very beautiful people are known through it

Adult Written byDeathFlower February 23, 2020

IMVU is NOT Worth Playing In 2020 Nor Is It For Children

Problems is have with IMVU:

-Shows Favoritism

-Cash Grab

-Toxic Community

- Overly Sexualized Clothes (can't wear a shirt without showing off my breast or wear a skirt that doesn't show off my underwear)

-Outdated Graphics

-Encourages singling people out/cyberbullying

-Can't make a single friend without someone starting drama with you (even saying "hi" or "Hello" will get you targeted for harassment)

-Mods and Room Owners will abuse their power and boot you out the room over something stupid

Parents: THIS GAME IS NOT FOR KIDS. It literally has a whole feature where you can gain access to a shop that you can buy NSFW items.

Adult Written byJennifer76 December 20, 2019

Not worth it

IMVU bans accounts for no valid reason. They did it to me and I have also read statements from others they have done that to. You will spend time and effort taking their stupid surveys to earn their stupid credits just to find one day that you can't log in because your account has been disabled. They are totally not worth it.
Adult Written byVanessaRose93 December 17, 2019

IT SUCKS

It's not worth playing unless you want your kids bullied or betrayed by people who your friends with or get kicked out of a family for no reason this game breaks hearts bullies people and there is untrustworthy people on here don't trust anyone on here

Adult Written bykarenupsetmother October 24, 2019

A virtual criminal world

A warning. My 14yo signed up with all fake info, keeping it hidden. Entered into adult conversations and relationships.
She has stolen thousands of dollars from credit cards of people to keep fuelling her profile and giveaways and purchases. And had an intense online relationship with an adult male. I wondered why my daughter was so secretive with her phone, and becoming depressed, and becoming withdrawn from everything in her life. A huge amount of supersleuthing to discover her fake life, amongst adults, there are other email accounts and instagram accounts, and a whole world in there. She is failing at school and we have had to remove her access to any technology and seek psychological support for her.
Don't think it cannot happen to you. They just need access to an email

Adult Written byo0amorphophallus0o October 23, 2019

IMVU Is A Disgusting Virtual Chat Game

I am truly UN-satisfied with this game. Why? Here's why. If you don't spend money on this back-washed platform or, if you're not apart of some petty users "click" or some other dumb petty reason, you're automatically singled out and booted from rooms. What's the purpose of having a chat game that encourages alienation? The sole purpose of joining a VR Chat game is to "MEET PEOPLE AND CHAT". But, it feels like the exact opposite. What's the purpose of making public rooms just to abuse the system and boot people out of them? I encourage people to NOT sign up for this trashy game. This game is horrendous with a horrendous community.