Parent reviews for IMVU

Sophisticated chat world has sexual content.

Parent of a 18+ and 18+-year-old Written byrougierouge June 13, 2011

Lighten up!

In the internet world anything goes. TEACH your kids not to trust whom they are talking to, and NEVER give out private information. I use this site, I have a blast there, but I am NOT a child. I am a mature woman, having fun, playing dress up with pixel dolls and laughing at the silliness of it all. Lighten up people... if you don't want your child exposed to internet dangers then don't have an internet connection. Period!
Adult Written byConcernedperson October 27, 2010

NO PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18 SHOULD USE THIS SITE!!!!

I think that it is really up to you to decided what is right for you. I don't think that this is site for children at all!!!! I do use it, but I'm 29 and choose to communicate with people this way. You don't have to buy all the crap that they have on there. PARENTS YOU SHOULD GET YOUR CHILDREN OFF THE COMPUTER ANYWAYS AND FIND THEM A HOBBY!!! PARENTS NEED TO WATCH WHAT THEIR CHILDREN ARE DOING INSTEAD OF JUST LETTING THEM DO WHAT THEY WANT. PARENTS THESE DAYS DON'T WORRY TO MUCH ABOUT WHAT THEIR CHILDREN ARE DOING ON THE COMPUTER ANYMORE OR DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO SET PARENTAL CONTROLS ON THEIR COMPUTERS. I THINK THAT IT IS FUNNY THERE ARE MORE COMMENTS FROM CHILDREN THAN ADULTS ON HERE. JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT PARENTS DON'T PAY MUCH ATTENTION TO THEIR CHILDREN ANY MORE. I think that if people are being taken advantage of on this site, its due to their own stupidity.

Adult Written byrosemistshadow March 29, 2009

What a rubbish opinion

IMVU is a wonderful site, I met loads of friends on it that are now very close to my heart. As for those daft comments about getting AP for raunchy and explicit reasons, that is gumph. I got AP so I could make a public chat room, you can only do this by getting AP or VIP.

If you want to see my lovely and innocent HP on it then I'm called RoseMistShadow. Feel free to look.
Adult Written byAshivara April 9, 2008

Do not rate something that you've used for a week or so

I'm a developer on IMVU and have been there since around 2 years. To acces the mature content products you have to have atleast 18 and the so called Acess Pass that costs $20. I know that a lot of kids sign up there simply to explore in a way "sexuality". The staff is trying to "fix" things regarding comments as the starting one in here but those compromises cost developers as me not just their time but also money...yes I earn money from IMVU and pay some of my college needs and etc.No normal adult would go tell a kid in a chat now to jump on something and also if the kids feels disturbed by him/her it can always report and block him/her.For me IMVU's for all ages just not for all people regarding their immaturity.
Adult Written byziggykinz November 18, 2021

I agree i been on imvu since 2010

Imvu is not a place for kids i have seen grown men hitting on lil kids even if they know there age Imvu was once 18+ i feel imvu should go back to 18+ and they need to get rid of the mobile app and also watch when new ppl sign up and make sure of there age .

Adult Written byDevss November 4, 2021

Not for kids

18 here, I play imvu quite frequently, it's fun to chill out and talk to people/make friends. Alot of users behave inappropriate, which is fine for anyone who's my age and up, 16 is just pushing it. Kids don't know anything about this site, they just see it as a game. Alot of predators on the site, more now than there used to be, due to the increase of kids. If you let your kid on here, please make sure to frequently check who they're talking to. It's better to be safe than sorry. Kids are easy to manipulate on here.

Adult Written byconcordgrad95 October 2, 2021

Beware of "Christian" chatrooms on IMVU

I joined IMVU for fun but the very first time I was in a Christian chatroom, a man on there hit on me, flirted with me, and said suggestive things to me. When I messaged one of the ladies from chatroom, she said he was "harmless" and to not say anything about it. It turned out, he was doing this to several other ladies and making many women feel uncomfortable but NO ONE was doing anything about it. He also did this to a married woman who recently came back to Christ and whose husband had recently became a Christian. I messaged the admin of room and was told he was a nice, sweet guy once you get to know him and she didn't know why he kept doing things like that. Things came to a a head when me and the other lady who was married spoke up about it publicly in the chatroom BUT we were the ones who were vilified. We both quit the game. My point is there are a lot of dirty chat rooms on IMVU but beware of Christian chatrooms on there too. And the so-called Christian chatrooms on IMVU are even more insidious because of the wolves in sheep's clothing. Avoid IMVU at all costs. It's a complete cesspool.

Adult Written byJavon September 19, 2021
Adult Written byClarissa D. September 9, 2021

Keep away it away from your kids

Stay away from this filth. It is a haven for predators. Your daughters will be targeted on this app without your knowledge. I had found this on my daughters mobile apps and discovered tons of sexually explicit messages from older guys that were being sent to my 10 year old daughter. The app is flooded with 18+ content. The chat rooms contain many sexual poses and the 3D avatars are dressed in a promiscuous way with large busts, thick thighs,big butts and slim waist wearing tight and skimpy bikinis. It is purposefully advertized to kids and young teens as a fun dress up game where you can chat with your friends but in reality it is a foul app full of NSFW content and child predators. This app is a pedophiles biggest dream. It may look harmless but it is much much more dangerous than you think.

Adult Written byMamaJiselle August 29, 2021

NOT FOR CHILDREN

I enjoy the platform very much. I am a content creator who enjoys seeing my products being used by other members of the community. If you focus on your goals (designing, creating, editing etc), the platform will run smoothly for you.. especially if you're not into being a part of the so called "popular" crowd. LOL

However, as a MOTHER, I can assure you, I would NEVER let my 13 year old use this app/platform. As you saw, I mentioned I have a teenager, meaning I am well over 21. (just an example of the age range on this platform).

The content is very sexual. It doesn't matter if you purchase an AP (Access Pass) or if you are GA (General Audience) rated. The clothing, chatrooms, and most content revolve around sexual gratification and dating.

The chatroom categories are not appropriate for kids. Most chatrooms even if they seem all cute and innocent are targeted towards BDSM lifestyles etc.

And honestly, lets be realistic. WHO WANTS THEIR CHILD MAKING FRIENDS WITH STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET? Please understand, the site/app is barely used for communication. There are REAL LIFE IMVU accounts registered on Instgram, Tiktok, and everywhere else. These people are accessing people's real lives by gaining trust through conversation and picture exchange. AGAIN, I use this platform and being someone over the age of 25, I can tell you I don't even entertain people. I create my content and log out. Everything else will lead to disappointment.

In addition, the social settings on IMVU can be very TOXIC. There are most certainly favorites amongst the "higher ups". There are many content creators who deserve more recognition but will never get it because they aren't popular enough (F talent, you have to be liked by the people who run IMVU's social media platforms to be noticed for your hard work).

That being said, keep your kids away from this platform. Mature adults with the emotional and mental capacity to handle/understand the lifestyles are the only people who should be accessing this platform. I don't care how harmless these avatars appear.. THERE ARE REAL PEOPLE BEHIND THEM.

Adult Written byThailesha_tha_great March 6, 2021

It could be better

i use to play this game a long time ago and they updated it and it really sucks. i liked the older version much better. You don't get to do interact as much as you could back in 2015. If they could go back to the original version that would better. So don't waste your time its not worth the time or money i promise you
Adult Written byFreespirit Sassy February 24, 2021

Make it 18+

Imvu is a great place to be as long as it's treated right. It's similar to other social games but with imvu, you can actually kiss and cuddle... Which is what I like. I've read so many bad reports about imvu, most are over dramatic... PARENTS ADVICE..... in my opinion... Don't let your kids near it until they become adult enough to learn and understand about the birds and the bees and the implications.

Adult Written byIcamthekidd_ February 4, 2021

It is a good app

Adult Written byoliviahz January 22, 2021

DO NOT EVEN TRY THIS GAME WITH YOUNGLINGS!!!

I played this game last year and the avatars are either too thick, too long, or too glitchy. And there are old men floating around luring in young children for online sex. And the kawaii girls get on my LAST nerve. They out here being other peoples Y/N's! One time I met a Japanese girl named Miguri Shinoritaza. She was nice n' all but she asked me to uhhh....eat her pixel puthy :^ i said no but she forced me. I unfriended her and logged out and made a new acc. But this time i pretended to be those alt girls you see everywhere. BUT for some reason Miguri found my account so i logged out and just was done with that game...

Adult Written bySariibebu December 21, 2020
Not for kids... I was 19 when I joined and I learned A LOT of new fetishes and it is sexual 95% of the time and it is addictive to spend money on there to look „good“ or have any useless features....

Adult Written byMa Akash October 13, 2020

I started on there about 14 years ago and it changed!

I started on IMVU 14-15 years ago I believe it was about that long. Many years ago I also worked as a developer there and I loved it. But sadly it changed. The customer serves is a nightmare and the whole place is nothing like it use to be. Also there was never really any updates to the graphic software/engine, it's not much different then 15 years ago, sadly.
I would NEVER let my children go on and my husband and I are sad I had spent so much money long ago on there because it's not worst it any long, feels like a waste.
Don't waste your money or time. Second Life and many other 3D Virtual messengers are easier more fun way to spend a little time relaxing and being peaceful. IMVU isn't the place.

Adult Written byTabi . September 23, 2020

BOYCOTT IMVU & NEVER EVER EVER SPEND ANY MONEY ON IT !!!

I warn everyone never to spend one penny on this shitty site and don't give them your money and waste your money and time on this useless place, now imvu have became a place where only raspiests and pedophiles and racists people hang out, you wont find single decent person on imvu, and it has only turned in to a place to steal peoples money and to offend them and violate them, imvu talks about violating their terms of service when the truth is that they are the ones violating all peoples rights and money...I warn everyone never to think on spending money on imvu, even if you spend thousands and you been a user for so many years they wont care and will disable you whenever they want and for no reason at all without any explanation or warning...you will lose everything in a second...take it from a person who used imvu for 13 years and spend so much on it and worked my heart and soul to build my account on it, and even then they disabled me for no reason and when i have done nothing.

No one's account is safe on imvu or protected, they can throw you in the trash whenever they want and feel like it without giving any explanation or reasons, even if you are going by their rules and policies and never broke them they will still treat you like a criminal, this is no way to do business or treat the customers, very very poor and pathetic way of doing business.

IMVU have 0 customer service and support, they treat their customers so bad and worse than trash, i have been on imvu since 13 years and not even once have broken any imvu policies or rules or went against any of imvu TOS, and even then imvu disabled my account for no reason twice,first time when they did it was proved that i did nothing and then i had it back now they did the same thing again and without any justification, they just assume things and disable accounts at once on suspicion and doubts without even investigating in the matter or making sure of it.

No one should spend one penny on this thing or give them any money, they can disable you at anytime without any reason even if you are old and senior user or even if you have spent fortune on it, they wont care and will disable your account without any explanation or justification....stop wasting your money, I am a living example of that....my account is 13 years old and i spend so much time and did so much hard work on building it and yet they disabled me for no reason when i did nothing wrong.

Adult Written byShataylor September 13, 2020

Scorned Mother

IMVU has destroyed my child. I am very protective over my children in every area with all acknowledgements that I can’t shelter them from the world. My child was visiting his Father for the summer at the age 7, his Father believing IMVU was a friendly animated game App without checking the content then I learned of the game during that summer immediately checking my child’s iPad to find the game downloaded. I immediately deleted and took away the iPad also like any mother who cares went off on his father for being so careless. It’s two years With the same continuing issue, my child continue to be addicted having a sexual urge therefore finding anyway to access IMVU also having many accounts. I have cried inconsolably none stop from trying to figure out how to keep my child from this app also wanting my child back mentally but he seem to find away to the app no matter what. What you feed to the mind will develop especially within a child because they do not no any better. I never knew until this year it was an inbox to IMVU, As I opened the messages my heart shattered in many pieces and body became limp. My child have been having sexual conversation with the same sex and opposite sex talking about things to do with each other and children that no adult In their right mind can imagine thinking, doing or done sexually. These apps IMVU , second chance, robox and etc are the new age for how sexual predators contact then mold your child to gain access to your child. My child is now In therapy because of this app. IMVU has completely destroyed my child & life. Everyday I worry if a predator may talk my child out the home because secretly my child finding a way to access this app, it has came to a point I must quite my job to be sure of my child’s safety. IMVU should do better when approving accounts. IMVU should have the profiler to confirm the account thru the email that was given also take the time to delete any account with emails that make no sense such as [email protected] And once a month have them to confirm the account thru Email giving them 10days to reply, no reply account deleted. I am gonna to do everything in my soul to get this app removed from app stores also go farther because I’ll never want another family to endure the hurt we have or a child to come up missing.

Take the time to think why would an adult think this app is appropriate and why would a child be on the reviews, talking as if their an adult and not a child because it’s an adult, duh. Most of the children or adults who claim this site is appropriate fun etc 9x out of 10 its a child who don’t want this app removed in order to keep talking sexual Or hopes of sexual activity and predators.

Adult Written bylenetra August 19, 2020

everything was going good until

they banned me from me from my account for no reason
Adult Written bySspra July 30, 2020

My time on this app

DONT spread your money on this!!! I have never had so much problems with games until I joined IMVU. The accounts are always hacked if you look rich. Don't try to find love on here because you WILL be catfish. I would recommend playing sims freeplay.