Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for IMVU

Sophisticated chat world has sexual content.

Adult Written byxLooves February 9, 2019

It’s an ok game. Depends on how you teach your kids

I currently am growing up with an overprotective but laid back mother. If she finds out that there’s sexual content but it’s filtered she is ok with it. If you want to let your child on here, make sure they are mature and teach them not to share personal info, sexual photos, and teach them about pedophiles before letting them play. Also make sure that they will back out of an arguement or a troll and block and report if harassed. And also monitor them from time to time. Make sure their avatar is appropriate and if you parents are worried about sexual content and your child getting to it on this game, they have to have a piece of info like an ID proving they’re 18+ before they can get to the sexual content. Even then they have to pay $20 for it. The players can be obscene and there is no filters so make sure they don’t mimic or engage with people like that. This is suitable for 11-12+ but make sure they are well educated (about internet safety), trustworthy and mature. Only downfall is some players. They swear

Adult Written byqueen roes January 31, 2019

the best game evary

i love this game it is fun and you get to know alot of people

Adult Written bySingleCinderella January 29, 2019

MUST BE DELETED ASAP

I have been on this site before and let me tell ya it will bring out the worst in you. It is nothing but sexual content, partying, and drinking, and even fighting. When I was on here it basically took over my life. If I wasn't at work or college I was on IMVU. I had to literally fight the urge to get on that site. I turned into someone I did not recognize. This site needs to be shutdown permanently. I don't care how old you are if you get on this site you are only asking for problems. To all parents if you see your children on this site or suspect they are...get them off of it immediately!!!!!

Adult Written byGilbert8 January 24, 2019

My daughter And imvu

My daughter had an old phone hidden in her room where she played imvu all night for months. When we finally figured it out She was married online expecting a baby, and dressed as prostitute. I knew she entered chat rooms. I don’t know who she talked to. Don’t let your kids get this app.

Adult Written byMzAvey January 7, 2019

Not for kids and t33ns

this is not for kids and teens i advice parents to block this website and game cause it has stuff that you wouldn't recommend for your kids it also has explicit clothing,language,sexual content, older men chatting with underage girls,and etc they have "access pass" to access stuff. marrage badge as well and they also ask to send nude pictures and ask for personal info. you should go into the game to see what it is about and see if you want your kids playing it or not also to block it.

Adult Written byCorra January 5, 2019

Imvu is shady

The program is terrible, it is based on money, there is no communication or kindness, everyone is mad, unhappy, jealous, or petty. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT FOR ANYONE!!!!!! I have used it for 6 years please keep your children away

Adult Written byEmber Darkrose January 3, 2019

IMVU is underrated

ok first off I'm a mother, also an active member of IMVU, been for four years. Only thing wrong with IMVU are parent's that don't watch what thier kids do. Let me gve you a little education on IMVU history, any adult who played it since it aired knows this, IMVU was originally an adult virtual worlf (hence why it's so graphic). It's only because ofpoor parenting that children started sneaking on, that they were forced to make AP, (which again if a child has AP, its the parents fault, for letting them use thier credit card, imvu doe not allow minors AP, once its discovered they will revoke the childs AP.) IMVU also has set servers depending on age, therefore if a child lies about thier age they will end up in the adult server. Again poor parenting, not IMVU's fault, so no I don't believe IMVU is a bad social site, I believe the paren't are to blame. If a child knows about BDSM, 9 times out of 10 it came from something other then IMVU, due to the fact the users in a BDSM room on IMVU are careful not to let minors in. Parents are to blame not IMVU, blame yourselves.

Adult Written byCConnor2019 December 21, 2018

Trolling and cyber bullying

It is not good at all for anyone even over 18 and those with depression and anxiety watch out I had a troll tell me to kill my self and that I was a mistake.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byboss1875 December 12, 2018

this is good

it is good

Adult Written byImvuJimin November 15, 2018

It's a great game for adults

It has some nasty chat rooms.

Adult Written byNattramn November 5, 2018

Make the account yourself and use their real age

While imvu has a rather adult side to it there’s a very simple, and safe solution. First I’d like to say I’ve been playing since I was 15 (I’m 21 now). If you sign up using your real age and you’re under 18 you’ll be placed in an under 18 server once they turn 18 they’ll be promptly shifted to the adult servers. I would be careful though as pedophiles can be even more common. Make sure to securely monitor your child’s account nothing too crazy. You can do this by reading their messages and friends list which gives you the option to block and report malicious accounts. You should also make sure you have fully educated them on the dangers of spreading personal information. If your child ends up online dating that’s up to you but I’d still be cautious. Gore is minimal the worst thing your child will see is low quality blood. Once they turn 18 they’ll be given th choice to buy access pass or AP. This grants them access to more sexual and gorier items. Unless you have AP it’s impossible for them to see any form of genitalia or extreme sexual situations. All and all take my advice and be there when making the account. Educate them on the red flags of dangerous people and keep a close eye. There are dangerous people on every inch of online entertainment. Games like fortnite have had a lot of pedophile problems as well as online services such as PlayStation network or Xbox live. As long as you educate them on these things they’ll be fine.

Adult Written byTerig71 October 28, 2018

Parental supervion required

IMVU is really for adults. Kids can have fun on there. I recommend close parental supervision. Parents who wish to sign their child up should come together with other parents and create a safe circle if friends to play the game with. When I created avatars for my niece and nephew I didn't let them talk to anyone alone as they were very young. I purchased items for them that they would be interested in such as dinosaurs they could ride and one if the many kid bedrooms. I also made sure the avatars dressed in young kid clothing; which is abundant in the catalog.
Adult Written byhaileyjonson23 October 27, 2018

Great app, very fun and sociable, perfect for making friends

Really great app, fun to play games and dress up your avatar, great for making friends. My daughter plays all the time, she loves it very much. Credit system is expensive though I will say.

Adult Written byBigdaddyglo September 30, 2018

Imvu

They will think it cool but if they a younger age they can’t play it

Adult Written byFhee September 14, 2018

Bad Customer Support.

The customer is so bad now, I have been with IMVU for 8 years!
Just tonight, I waited till 2am in the morning for live support because my order was in pending. I gave them the details also telling them that I bought it from my boyfriend's paypal and that I was happy and have permission to give them the details they needed. They did send me a little info form to fill out, which I did and it took them over 5-10 minutes to reply once they did. They then, told me to have my boyfriend contact them even though, like I said i's 2am in the morning and he's asleep. I just told them to cancel it because no point in spending more money to contact them and waiting just for a $10.50 share room! Completely disgusted from the experience. They have never done this to me before, but I ain't happy about the outcome! IMVU is bad altogether, the violence on it is horrible, people cursing and arguing.. older men wanting sex with anyone even younger children! Don't let your kid ruin their life because of IMVU. Let them play fortnite!

Adult Written byMzAntisocial September 13, 2018

not a good game to play

ive been on that game plenty of times don't let your kids play it they have people asking for snapchat,instagram,facebook,tumblr. they also ask for your phone number,nude pictures, and it also have naked women. just wait until their 18 and up to play it.

Adult Written bysousi August 22, 2018

very very nice

this is very good i like it

Adult Written byShaenaxChe August 7, 2018
I myself was introduced to imvu by my daughter she was 14 years old and IMVU was fairly new. I have been using IMVU off and on for 10 years. There is a way to control your kids activity on IMVU. If your child/children have access to your credit card information they can easily obtain what is known as an Access Pass for 18+ and I say again You MUST HAVE A CREDIT CARD to purchase AP. If any child has purchased AP and is under 18 years of age then as a parent should make a judgement call. I watched my kids on IMVU until I joined I purchased AP. IMVU has always had this policy but kids are smart these days and have learned to obtain AP without the parents knowledge . I was like a hawk on my kids shoulder when they were on IMVU. There are predators ALL over the internet and of course they will prey on the kids on these sights . As a parent I do not TRUST NO ONE on the internet and neither should any parent. Always monitor your kids activities . IMVU is not a bad site for kids if not abused. It is no different from the snapchat and the facebook skype except for the avatars we use to portray the users in chat .

Adult Written byanon1985 July 25, 2018

this site is not for kids

this site is for adults only please do not let your child download this app. As many have said it's extreme sexual content on here,you can get naked with something called an access pass and have sex,you can buy that but people are still having sex without it. Kids under 18 are getting this app and they are having cyber sex.It's also pedophiles on this site who pray on young children I've seen an older man leave with a 14 year old to have cyber sex and he did not care that her profile said 14 please if you are a parent who is reading this check your child's electric devices if they have this app do more research if you can log into their accounts and explore

Adult Written byLasofiwtfwtf July 19, 2018