Parent reviews for IMVU

Sophisticated chat world has sexual content.

Adult Written byAvelManson July 6, 2020

Don't trust imvu

so I had an imvu account and let's just say they stole all of my money and they will not return it. Do not waste your time on imvu its pure garbage. They stole over 6 grand. I have to tell everyone because no one deserves this. They are thiefs and I wouldn't curse even my most hated enemy with imvu. I think imvu should be shut down. Its not a safe place for anyone they get your identity and they steal all your money. They ask for your ID to verify your age on the account and proof of who you are so they can take everything from you. Don't make the same mistake I did. I regret falling for there trap.

Adult Written bycrohlyn June 29, 2020

This site gave me lifelong trauma as a child

Hi, I’m now an 18 year old woman. However, back when I was 8, I was exposed to such graphic, scary things from people online in these chat rooms on IMVU. I had a rough time and no friends so I wanted to find people online to talk to. I fell for the cutesy avatars in the ads and hit download. It was the worst decision I could’ve ever made, but I didn’t know any better. I was a kid. I fell for the adults posing as children. They would pretend to be your friend for weeks before suddenly becoming very predatory, terrifying, and incredibly sexually explicit. I ended up being groomed and victimized through this platform by several people from ages 8-12. That’s exactly who IMVU targets with their marketing: teens and children. But do NOT be fooled. It is purely a graphic sex chat site, and because of this, there are some really vile and shocking things people will get up to in the chats that can really traumatize your kid. Even teenagers should never be around the horrible things some people do on that site. I will carry this trauma with me for life and it could’ve been avoided if my parents had known and had heard about the dangers of the site. These are just random people talking on the site. You don’t know who they are or what they will expose your child to. Don’t let your kids have the misfortune of finding out. Do not let them on this site EVER.

Adult Written byRusishvili June 14, 2020
Adult Written bymcBinaryCode001 May 12, 2020

...IMVU is...honestly not worth playing in 2020...

The chat game genre was a good idea from the start but, its honestly dying off. IMVU was fun...back in 2010 when getting on the internet was amazing and fun but, its spotlight is beginning to fade out slowly. Its community is made out of people who are cuddly as a cactus and charming as an Eel on your sanity and mental health. It's honestly safe to say I would rather hang out with Nelson from The Simpsons than someone from IMVU. Personally, I don't blame the developers for this. They never asked for their community to be made up of immature 28-30 year olds who would rather play Keeping Up With The Kardashians than have a decent conversation with other users. Also for adults, I wouldn't recommend this for your children. This game has a whole portal dedicated to making NSFW content.

Adult Written byMurmursOfTruth May 9, 2020

IMVU protects pedophilia

I have a screenshot of a user promoting pedophilia and IMVU refused to ban them.

IMVU protects pedophiles.

Adult Written byCapt.tellall April 27, 2020

DECEPTION

Parents BEWARE 40 50 & 60 year old women having sex with minors portraying themselves as 16 17 & 18 year old males. These player's brag that IMVU protects them. Call your Gaming commission & file a complaint if your child has been victim of this. IMVU does not follow their own rules BEWARE Portal for Child Molesters.

Adult Written by000101001a March 25, 2020

This is not a game

IMVU [Instant Messaging Virtual Universe] just like Second Life and other "sims" are actually glorified chatrooms.
All kinds of people go there and anyone can pose as a minor to chat with other minors.

There is no in-game currency here, the IMVU "credits" are real money and people who create content for this service [because for a monthly fee you can submit your own creations] are paid for the things they create by other players.

There are no games to play, you just socialize with people or use the platform to take pictures of your avatar.

Adult Written bylindafe March 22, 2020

It is a very good application and it entertains a lot besides that very beautiful people are known through it

Adult Written byDeathFlower February 23, 2020

IMVU is NOT Worth Playing In 2020 Nor Is It For Children

Problems is have with IMVU:

-Shows Favoritism

-Cash Grab

-Toxic Community

- Overly Sexualized Clothes (can't wear a shirt without showing off my breast or wear a skirt that doesn't show off my underwear)

-Outdated Graphics

-Encourages singling people out/cyberbullying

-Can't make a single friend without someone starting drama with you (even saying "hi" or "Hello" will get you targeted for harassment)

-Mods and Room Owners will abuse their power and boot you out the room over something stupid

Parents: THIS GAME IS NOT FOR KIDS. It literally has a whole feature where you can gain access to a shop that you can buy NSFW items.

Adult Written byJennifer76 December 20, 2019

Not worth it

IMVU bans accounts for no valid reason. They did it to me and I have also read statements from others they have done that to. You will spend time and effort taking their stupid surveys to earn their stupid credits just to find one day that you can't log in because your account has been disabled. They are totally not worth it.
Adult Written byVanessaRose93 December 17, 2019

IT SUCKS

It's not worth playing unless you want your kids bullied or betrayed by people who your friends with or get kicked out of a family for no reason this game breaks hearts bullies people and there is untrustworthy people on here don't trust anyone on here

Adult Written bykarenupsetmother October 24, 2019

A virtual criminal world

A warning. My 14yo signed up with all fake info, keeping it hidden. Entered into adult conversations and relationships.
She has stolen thousands of dollars from credit cards of people to keep fuelling her profile and giveaways and purchases. And had an intense online relationship with an adult male. I wondered why my daughter was so secretive with her phone, and becoming depressed, and becoming withdrawn from everything in her life. A huge amount of supersleuthing to discover her fake life, amongst adults, there are other email accounts and instagram accounts, and a whole world in there. She is failing at school and we have had to remove her access to any technology and seek psychological support for her.
Don't think it cannot happen to you. They just need access to an email

Adult Written byo0amorphophallus0o October 23, 2019

IMVU Is A Disgusting Virtual Chat Game

I am truly UN-satisfied with this game. Why? Here's why. If you don't spend money on this back-washed platform or, if you're not apart of some petty users "click" or some other dumb petty reason, you're automatically singled out and booted from rooms. What's the purpose of having a chat game that encourages alienation? The sole purpose of joining a VR Chat game is to "MEET PEOPLE AND CHAT". But, it feels like the exact opposite. What's the purpose of making public rooms just to abuse the system and boot people out of them? I encourage people to NOT sign up for this trashy game. This game is horrendous with a horrendous community.

Adult Written byDrumRocker25 October 3, 2019

Absolutely Useless

IMVU is an ABSOLUTE WASTE of Time. You pay real cash to get credits and VIP in order to develop items and if it doesn't pass peer review they don't let you edit the product in order to make it something that CAN pass but they will take your credits regardless. It's basically 1000 Credits per $1 spent and in order to get a good Avatar you need at least $20. You pay $10 a month for VIP which nets you 5,000 Credits. The Engine on this game is useless and severely out-dated. Stay away and save your Mentality. Second Life is more money but I would recommend that if your PC and Wallet can handle it.

Adult Written byCynthia.S1 September 19, 2019

It is what you make it

Yes, it may seem bad for teens It really isn't. It's what you make it. If you want your IMVU experience to sexual, or filled with drugs and cussing, the you make it. Which will then invite others who like it. If you don't want your IMVU experience to be like that then, you don't. You only invite the things you want in your IMVU time. I've been playing since 13 and I've seen IMVU change for the better. Going through ups and downs, they've really tried their best to make IMVU safe and fun for all teens and young adults

Adult Written byMummchy August 8, 2019

IMVU Hasn't Changed

So, i went back to playing IMVU after quitting years ago and, nothing has changed. People are still being singled out for having "Guest__" on their usernames. You either have to be a player for years, spend 100,000 credits for a username or, buy VIP which cost over $80.00. IMVU is just another "popularity" game where you have to spend money just to be considered "cool". I tried to go into a chat room and, got booted by the owner for not being VIP (Note: IMVU has a system where you can make VIP only rooms but, it was open to the PUBLIC). I do NOT recommend this game to children NOR teens. Think about your children's mental health. Also, the clothes on IMVU are overly sexualized with un realistic body proportions.

Adult Written byCherie22 August 3, 2019

Nothing but Thieves

My daughter has been on this IMVU app thing since she was 14 she is now 25 and has her own child now who is 4 know and sometime last week or so ago got a hold of her phone without her knowledge and bought some stuff and now they have frozen her account and will not unfreeze her account until she pays for something that her four-year-old had done most companies are understanding and not just a bunch of thieves and will let it go at least once this is the first time it’s ever happened and they’re nothing but money hungry pieces of Poo I am very disappointed in this company and I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and a few other people plus I’m putting him on blast on every social media that I have Facebook Snapchat Twitter Instagram anything I can think of .And for the IMVU people who are reading this well you know what you could go due to yourself thank you have a great and blessed day.
Adult Written byFrank21 August 1, 2019

Full of perverts old and dirty

Do not let your child in this site it’s full of liners dirty old perverts as I just found out from my 11 years old granddaughter don’t let your child near

Parent of a 15-year-old Written byTruthparent July 31, 2019

Trust

Yes the game needs some work. But IF YOU TRUST YOUR KID. Then it would be fine. Of course there bad things on there. The game was meet to be good, but people are ruining it. So I think 15+ and up should play . Because these kids could change the game. But you have to trust them and they have to work for your trust and show you that they can play that game

Adult Written by423adam July 7, 2019

Awful and luring for kids

The premise of this app is to make a anime and make a life for it-kind of like “The Sims” when I was a teen. Almost immediately, people started messaging my daughter saying all kinds of inappropriate things and telling her how to hide the app from her parents. This app needs an 18 and up warning.