Parent reviews for IMVU

Sophisticated chat world has sexual content.

Adult Written byAlmeida dailene April 23, 2019

Good care

I want to have a baby

Parent of a 10-year-old Written byAlyssathompson April 15, 2019

I do not on

I do not on

Adult Written bySimplySunflowers April 6, 2019

Personal Review

So I am currently 22 years old and I have been on IMVU since I was 11 off and on. I have been around for 90% of the time IMVU has existed and the program it's self is not bad. They try to get every penny they can out of you but outside of that, its fine. The only concern is the growing number of people who use it. Which sounds like a good thing but you have to consider what those people are going to use and say. There is a lot of swearing because that's how people talk today, I'm guilty of this as well. As far as safety and privacy concerns, they again come from the people you interact with. There are a lot of scam messages you receive that ask you to click links for different things, ect. So long as your child (or yourself) are not falling for things like that, are not adding people on social media or giving out your personal ID information to people you do not know, you will be okay and have fun. Basically, act with common sense and you'll be fine.

Adult Written byCarsonWilliams1 April 4, 2019

Sexual, Violent, Not for young teens.

This app/website is not suitable for 16+. My daughter, Amelia, came crying to me telling me someone on IMVU was trying to kill her. When i looked at her chat history, a man, who had claimed to be 72 was saying that he was going to trace her down and violently slaughter her with various torture weapons. She had also been forced to go to a 'sex room' with this man, where sexual simulations were happening. There were avatars giving blowjobs, anal, and frontal sex. NOT for any teens below 16.

Adult Written by•._.BTS._.• March 28, 2019

I wouldn’t let kids play this AT ALL

Okay so I saw my daughter playing this a few days ago but I didn’t see anything bad then, but when I went on her computer today I checked her games and everything just to make sure she wasn’t doing anything she wasn’t supposed to do, and what do I find? Sexual messages from guys and some girls she didn’t even know! If I was you, I would always check what your children are doing because this has to stop! Yes I know this review will be ignored but I advise you to not let your child play this! I can’t stop you from letting them or being careless but still, DONT LET YOUR CHILD PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adult Written byGinphiore March 19, 2019

Horrible experience.

Imvu has the worst customer support I've ever experienced. I had my account for two years before they put my account on hold ( they didnt allow me to purchase anything with in-game currency ) for at least 5 months before telling me what was going on. Then when i tried to fix my issue (they requested id and credit card) they refused to accept my id and ended up completely disabling my account. I ended up having to use my friend's old account. Imvu completely refused to re-enable my account and to this day it's still disabled. My other friend had a similar experience, he was a creator on their website and was making things for the in-game shop. His account was disabled after he uploaded a product that was apparently copyrighted (he still doesnt know which product.) and he also ended up having to use an alternate account.
Adult Written byKayKayboo February 25, 2019

Not a game to play

This game is not for anybody to play my momma caught me messaging inappropriate messages to a person that i dont know.

Adult Written byxLooves February 9, 2019

It’s an ok game. Depends on how you teach your kids

I currently am growing up with an overprotective but laid back mother. If she finds out that there’s sexual content but it’s filtered she is ok with it. If you want to let your child on here, make sure they are mature and teach them not to share personal info, sexual photos, and teach them about pedophiles before letting them play. Also make sure that they will back out of an arguement or a troll and block and report if harassed. And also monitor them from time to time. Make sure their avatar is appropriate and if you parents are worried about sexual content and your child getting to it on this game, they have to have a piece of info like an ID proving they’re 18+ before they can get to the sexual content. Even then they have to pay $20 for it. The players can be obscene and there is no filters so make sure they don’t mimic or engage with people like that. This is suitable for 11-12+ but make sure they are well educated (about internet safety), trustworthy and mature. Only downfall is some players. They swear

Adult Written byqueen roes January 31, 2019

the best game evary

i love this game it is fun and you get to know alot of people

Adult Written bySingleCinderella January 29, 2019

MUST BE DELETED ASAP

I have been on this site before and let me tell ya it will bring out the worst in you. It is nothing but sexual content, partying, and drinking, and even fighting. When I was on here it basically took over my life. If I wasn't at work or college I was on IMVU. I had to literally fight the urge to get on that site. I turned into someone I did not recognize. This site needs to be shutdown permanently. I don't care how old you are if you get on this site you are only asking for problems. To all parents if you see your children on this site or suspect they are...get them off of it immediately!!!!!

Adult Written byGilbert8 January 24, 2019

My daughter And imvu

My daughter had an old phone hidden in her room where she played imvu all night for months. When we finally figured it out She was married online expecting a baby, and dressed as prostitute. I knew she entered chat rooms. I don’t know who she talked to. Don’t let your kids get this app.

Adult Written byMzAvey January 7, 2019

Not for kids and t33ns

this is not for kids and teens i advice parents to block this website and game cause it has stuff that you wouldn't recommend for your kids it also has explicit clothing,language,sexual content, older men chatting with underage girls,and etc they have "access pass" to access stuff. marrage badge as well and they also ask to send nude pictures and ask for personal info. you should go into the game to see what it is about and see if you want your kids playing it or not also to block it.

Adult Written byCorra January 5, 2019

Imvu is shady

The program is terrible, it is based on money, there is no communication or kindness, everyone is mad, unhappy, jealous, or petty. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT FOR ANYONE!!!!!! I have used it for 6 years please keep your children away

Adult Written byEmber Darkrose January 3, 2019

IMVU is underrated

ok first off I'm a mother, also an active member of IMVU, been for four years. Only thing wrong with IMVU are parent's that don't watch what thier kids do. Let me gve you a little education on IMVU history, any adult who played it since it aired knows this, IMVU was originally an adult virtual worlf (hence why it's so graphic). It's only because ofpoor parenting that children started sneaking on, that they were forced to make AP, (which again if a child has AP, its the parents fault, for letting them use thier credit card, imvu doe not allow minors AP, once its discovered they will revoke the childs AP.) IMVU also has set servers depending on age, therefore if a child lies about thier age they will end up in the adult server. Again poor parenting, not IMVU's fault, so no I don't believe IMVU is a bad social site, I believe the paren't are to blame. If a child knows about BDSM, 9 times out of 10 it came from something other then IMVU, due to the fact the users in a BDSM room on IMVU are careful not to let minors in. Parents are to blame not IMVU, blame yourselves.

Adult Written byCConnor2019 December 21, 2018

Trolling and cyber bullying

It is not good at all for anyone even over 18 and those with depression and anxiety watch out I had a troll tell me to kill my self and that I was a mistake.

Parent of a 8-year-old Written byboss1875 December 12, 2018

this is good

it is good

Adult Written byImvuJimin November 15, 2018

It's a great game for adults

It has some nasty chat rooms.

Adult Written byNattramn November 5, 2018

Make the account yourself and use their real age

While imvu has a rather adult side to it there’s a very simple, and safe solution. First I’d like to say I’ve been playing since I was 15 (I’m 21 now). If you sign up using your real age and you’re under 18 you’ll be placed in an under 18 server once they turn 18 they’ll be promptly shifted to the adult servers. I would be careful though as pedophiles can be even more common. Make sure to securely monitor your child’s account nothing too crazy. You can do this by reading their messages and friends list which gives you the option to block and report malicious accounts. You should also make sure you have fully educated them on the dangers of spreading personal information. If your child ends up online dating that’s up to you but I’d still be cautious. Gore is minimal the worst thing your child will see is low quality blood. Once they turn 18 they’ll be given th choice to buy access pass or AP. This grants them access to more sexual and gorier items. Unless you have AP it’s impossible for them to see any form of genitalia or extreme sexual situations. All and all take my advice and be there when making the account. Educate them on the red flags of dangerous people and keep a close eye. There are dangerous people on every inch of online entertainment. Games like fortnite have had a lot of pedophile problems as well as online services such as PlayStation network or Xbox live. As long as you educate them on these things they’ll be fine.

Adult Written byTerig71 October 28, 2018

Parental supervion required

IMVU is really for adults. Kids can have fun on there. I recommend close parental supervision. Parents who wish to sign their child up should come together with other parents and create a safe circle if friends to play the game with. When I created avatars for my niece and nephew I didn't let them talk to anyone alone as they were very young. I purchased items for them that they would be interested in such as dinosaurs they could ride and one if the many kid bedrooms. I also made sure the avatars dressed in young kid clothing; which is abundant in the catalog.
Adult Written byhaileyjonson23 October 27, 2018

Great app, very fun and sociable, perfect for making friends

Really great app, fun to play games and dress up your avatar, great for making friends. My daughter plays all the time, she loves it very much. Credit system is expensive though I will say.