Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for IMVU

Sophisticated chat world has sexual content.

Adult Written byDillyLayle September 2, 2013

What I think about IMVU.

It is was never to be seen by childrens eyes because, it is to inappropriate....
It is for adults who have no self-respect for themselves and like to chat with others who don't learn. Chatting on imvu for me is like talking to a stranger, but I grew friendship.....
But, IMVU shouldn't be a site for childrens eyes to rely on this game.

Parent Written byjowehrweljrlwr August 16, 2013

It's good.

You guys wont believe this but I got a free IMVU credits code and it was legit! Crazy! Check this site out: imvucreditsgenerator. com

Adult Written bySusan.newitt August 11, 2013

NOT for kids of any age!

Every time I walked over to my step daughter she was switching the screen. I finally just took her computer and looked over her last minutes of chats. She was telling the 28 year old male she was 18. She was using foul language. Their was also sexual content. She is 13. It is NOT educational...not even to develop social skills! Their avatar's can be naked and make out too. Don't let your teen use this program.

Adult Written byDevWitch July 5, 2013

IMVU USER

IMVU (which is NOT an acronym) gives a lot of opportunities, but said opportunities should be for ages 16 and up. It is more for mature teens and adults due to some restrictive content. Parents should pay attention to what their children do. If you are an adult I welcome you to have fun in the virtual 3D program.

To create content you need to purchase your name. It shouldn't matter whether you are VIP or not. You just get more options.

Adult Written byTaenamyr June 23, 2013

IMVU Has good points as well.

IMVU isn't just about sex. It is a highly friendly social network. Yes there are people who do inappropriate things, but you get that on any website where there are kids hanging out. IMVU has a system in place that if you are under 18 you can not enter a chat room made by some one over 18, as well as their Minimum Coverage Guidelines so that naughty areas are not allowed in general access rooms. Creators who put items that are inappropriate in the wrong category are disciplined and have the items re-rated and can have their accounts banned as well. It is a good website that is a lot of fun. And if the member purchases a VIP pass they can start making their own items as well, and learning and creating wich is a beautiful thing. Seeing some one make their own first product and showing it off to their friends just makes you proud.

Parent Written byproud father June 17, 2013

Another dangerous place for kids

I have 2 young boys and this is the type of social "game" that I will not be allowing. I literally spent 10 minutes on this site on the adult section (before I realized there were sections for kids) and came into contact with multiple kids that were not 18. Within 5 minutes a woman was already telling me she was "horny" and wanted my "help". Not a place for men of any age, in my opinion, but especially not boys under 18 (who clearly disregard the "18+" warnings).

Adult Written byMrs.Catroina June 7, 2013

Using commen sense.

This game is a great way to teach your child right from wrong.Letting them know and expirence everything on the game. The child will realize all the rights and wrongs from the game. They may talk to you about issues they are having online and they will gain your trust learning from their mistakes.Also, children learn what not to do and what to do at school and at home. You should learn to trust them and let them learn from their mistakes.
Adult Written byShauni_Shadow May 18, 2013

IMVU - Dont put the blame on it

I'm 21 and have been using this chat client for 3 - 4 years now, yes i have seen some....inappropriate things done and said, and yes its not exactly something for children to be going on, but its not the client's "fault" exactly, its the parents who are letting their children go on unsupervised. but honestly. IMVU isnt all that bad really, so as long as the user is responsible. Bad language, really? Everyone hears,or reads bad language at some point in life, and the beauty of the client is that you can close a window if you find the "room" offensive or block the particular person (as mentioned in a review previously). The "sexual" or adult content is not exactly a big issue, the developers have fixed it in a way so that people over 18 can only use particular products such as being naked etc. Personally I find IMVU is a good way to meet people and make friends and get away from it all, you just need to be more responsible to what you are doing and what chat rooms you go to. P.S Oh and Make sure to read the room description :) it always helps
Thanks for reading =^.^= Avatar name: Shaunishads

Adult Written byAlex711 May 3, 2013

Imvu... The best place to be unhappy

Here you will find a lot of violence (guns, grenades, fight animation, drugs, insults and more) you can find sexuality becouse a user using a fake account is able to create a public room with sex stuff (poses for your avatar, beds, chairs, cars or any unimagine stuff) the user menu unconsciously invites you to consume and spend real dollars on imvu market (store with clothes, beds, charis, cars, houses... even some addon to make your boobs or butt more biger, makeup... yes... your are right... much banality for children) is important to note these things you purchases with real money, but if a creator alters that stuff after you have purchased your object change (imvu does not guarantee a rehearing or claims of these objects, all objects are made by others users, and Imvu wash his hands). If you're an adult and you can handle this, is ok. But ... make a prayer that nothing bad happen, becouse If you have a problem usually imvu can´t do NOTHING, and they takes a lot of time to solve any problems. I played Imvu about one year and you can see how unfair it is this place, for example if your avatar looks nice or you have a great room, any user are able to create fake accounts make severals reports to all your items, if you are a creator and you offer good items at a low price, any developer selling with high priced or just someone just think you are not nice, ANY USER for whatever reason if they want to report you, they do using fake accounts, managing to suspend your account, after some suspensions your account will be banned and you will lost all the money you spent on your account. because Imvu policy is "you are guilty until you prove your innocence." but you can't defend your case to avoid sanctions, first your punished and then you can appeal!!! Where is your civilian rights? Internet is not a real world? real people are making real damege!!! in a virtual world!!! Anyway ... In this chat you can waste money, time and spend many anger and injustice, finally... you are a victim of abuse.

Adult Written bylunag126 April 28, 2013

Awful game.

I was hoping this chat client would offer me respectable people to make friends with, rp with, and a place for freedom and design. What I got was 1,000+ rooms of dumb teenagers. Their instincts when they first see you are to either start a flame war with you, try to cyber with you, or kick you out of their chatroom because you don't look goffick enuff. The game is expensive and it'll cost you 10 dollars to get the "Guest_" removed from your handle.

Parent Written bymewho60 March 23, 2013

whats really going on

seems like my child, personality changes when she is on this site I like to know if there are any subliminial messages in this site

Parent Written byclearviewofsilverton January 24, 2013

my 13 yr old asked for meets in person and phone numbers web cam etc stay away

my 13 yr old asked for meets in person and phone numbers web cam etc stay away

Adult Written byhellokitty88 July 24, 2012

imvu sucks

imvu is HORRIBLE all they want is your money. that is why they made this game in the first place. When i got vip i though it was a good thing to have on there, but when i wanted to get rid of it and stop paying for it they wouldnt let me and made it hard for me to get a hold of them. When i finally contacted paypal to cancel it,they banned me from the site just because i didnt want to pay them every month!

Adult Written byAdela88 May 29, 2012

Just horrible

I have been a member since 2007 or so and let me tell that it has been getting worse. The disappearance of the imvu chat now button was a great mistake, now you are supposed to go into these chats with like 5 to 10 people in it , where there is already a conversation flow and it's awkward to interrupt. You get booted, talked down to and just disrespectful speech when you haven't even said anything yet. It is just plain immature and obscene how it got so sexualized and greedy. I f you can't buy credits, then you can earn them but at the price of getting trojans, malaware and ugly stuff in your computer when you download their games and programs to earn credits. Clothing is expensive I tell you and this is supposed to be for fun right? I don't think so, I go to an imvu church and even there the freaks run wild. You can't meet one normal person in there at all, everyone seems to have like 10 different alter ego and you never know who or what you are talking to. This is why I keep away from most and just talk to a few. Another thing that bothers me is when people come into a room and they don't speak or spend ages to respond to your questions, what is the point of these chat rooms then if you are not going to speak you idiots? and don't ask me what the hell im doing in your room if you listed it as available for anyone to enter, don't freaking boot people for no reason. The only reason I like this chat is to put together beautiful outfits, but that is all, its just crap now.
Adult Written byLALALALA27 May 21, 2012

I have not played on it since it requires download. But I know it has sex bed in almost every room. this game is not for kids of any age. It is dirty, sexy and i know people who are sex addicts on this site.

Adult Written byLokanoi May 20, 2012

Need credits!

Is the Best!!

Adult Written bytwintwo May 10, 2012

It is fun to dance and talk

I am 53 and i love this site, if people want to touch me i boot them away from me , I have made friends on here, they do not know my real name or anything i do not want them to know..

Adult Written byNilsonmax May 6, 2012

NEVER TRY IMVU

I think it's game for adults most avatars are so rude and no one respect any one they make good money from your pocket but they can delete your avatar so easy and some products are very bad the public rooms not safe for any one they use to have a bad shop witch contain sexual appearance and they use to insult and put codes too to steal your password the IMVU mangers are so rude too and very bad they go to chat rooms and they sneak to any avatars staff and they can get in your avatar and make drama by them self they just give people some promo credits then people want to buy new things so then you can buy and buy continuously they make you pay then easy to delete your account so it's not safe and it download too much temp files and it take so much of your hard disk and it open your PC to spammers and viruses it download too much junk files from internet and make PC so slow most public rooms had strangers who talk very very bad language their shop full of stuff that make alcohol and bad habits look nice .

Adult Written bydikstr April 10, 2012

If you're under 18 its not appropriate

A lot of sex chatter. Some older participants trolling for young kids.

Adult Written byliverpoolman March 28, 2012

vuruses

this web site is the worst ever online game it gives you virruses lots of them eg freezeys your computer and much more i went on this for ten minutes and my computer shited up