Kid reviews for IMVU

Sophisticated chat world has sexual content.

Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2014

Don't Try It

I made a big mistake going on there. There is sexuallity and a lot of bad language. Even I curse at home, but my mother isn't okay with me online dating. I almost made the mistake of hooking up with a guy. I was lucky to even be able to delete IMVU and my account with it. I don't trust it for learning. Teens are fine as long as you tell your parents at age 13-15. Other ages I trust you will make good decisions on there. Please do ask your parents so you will be able to tell your parents if there is anything wrong. I suggest ourWorld.com. But please do be safe on that too because even there are some bad people on there. Roblox is also fine, just don't online date. I would also ask about SecondLife.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRevolting Children August 9, 2014

BAN THIS FROM YOU;RE PCS

If you've been on youtube and searched it... I feel bad for you This game is inapropro for children and teens..aka children..Cause teens are obviously immature! This game allows you to kiss and have "sex" I would say its meant for 30 year old serial killers! BAN THIS FROM YOU;RE PCS

Teen, 15 years old Written bynadunko August 2, 2014

its only a matter of perspective

i am 15 and my basic language isnt english. from the educational and interactive perspective ,imvu helped me improve a lot. i ve learned english and i almost speak like a native,i found new friends,better friends than i could find in my city because sometimes people just suck or you live in a shitty neighbourhood.. i have improved my digital art skills and i earn my pocket money from what i learned using IMVU.. everything in this world had bad parts,deal with it. dont tell me this is not for 13 years old.. if your kid is dumb enough to listen to some people behind their monitors judging them by their doll s look,i think you educated your kid bad and you didnt explain him some stuff about what matters and what doesnt matter this is like facebook. do you think that i cant put fake information on facebook? oh you bet i can. sexual/gorey/violent stuff can be easily avoided. you join rooms with people you trust and dont accept invites from everyone. you can provide fake information when you create your account and even create a new email adress,only for the acc purpose. srsly,like no one will contact you to confirm that your name really is kittylover2334 you can be safe enough if you are awake enough. since people around here believe kids below 15 shouldn stay on imvu,then 15+ shouldnt too. you mean that if i see a 30 years old guy having ap,vip,age and all the perks,he is a cool guy and he prob has a family? DUDE,THATS FUCKED UP. roleplaying sites should be for kids and teenagers,if you still live in your fantasy world at 30 you should go see a specialist because your brain is missing some parts. at that age you should have a family ,a job and forget about dressing up dolls and marrying some another dolls. i would hate my parents if they would play,or any other mature parent i know. usually mature men are into hardcore gamiling like dota halo cod and stuff,ok, thats fine,but please dont tell me you enjoy dressing up an avatar and even paying from your salary to buy it more clothes. no. i understand that if people wont pay for this stuff ,imvu wont have many resources and it wouldnt be so big as it is now. but people create stuff and that still goes to imvu :) get a life parents,seriously1!!

Teen, 14 years old Written bytaylovesoreo July 3, 2014

Horrible site for teens

Their were people talking about doing drugs, smoking at 15, and asking people to meet up in real life situations. I find the site very dangerous and I was being spoken things I shouldn't be learning at my age. Please don't bother using the site. You have to pay money for clothes which I find ridiculous, or you do 3rd party surveys which well end up with telemarketing calls non-stop.

Kid, 9 years old June 26, 2014

Nude/inappropriate content

This game targets the teenage and young adult audience. It lets you create a fake character and live whatever life you want. I noticed that a lot of users lied a lot. There was swearing and a lot of virtual sex. I asked girls their age and most said 16 then when I told them I'm 31 they suddenly changed their age. I also noticed that it was hard to earn cash without buying it. Before you let your child of any age play this game, make sure that they know the risks, and if you think your child is not ready, or you just don't think this is a good site, don't do it. Even if your child is 30, don't let him/her on. It's very addicting and will ruin your life.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLIGHTS07 June 21, 2014

HORRIBLE

I used this site and first thing that happens guys asking for you number and more highly sexual things, And the girls just start drama,AND TONS of swering dont let you kids on this site people.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJaykay16 June 11, 2014

I think it's fine

Okay, so yeah there are some stuff that can be seen as bad, but honestly as long as you stay away from all the bad stuff its awesome. You can create a character using your imagination, create an amazing room, Interior design skills. I think it is awesome, but I recommend that only kids older than 13 play, anyone younger, not so much...just be safe and be smart. Maturity isn't always a bad thing.

Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2014

a nice review for the imvu

i think this is a good website for kids or teens like me I will like to be on this website forever
Teen, 16 years old Written byllxF1Zzll May 20, 2014

Important

I'm a teen that's been using IMVU for a little over 3 years. All those other people that say they've been asked for things such as their name, address, or anything personal have the choice of just leaving the chat room they had entered. Since I'm still considered a child, I'm not going to try to claim that I've seen everything on IMVU, but there are many people there that are actually nice and respectable. I don't expect you to believe me 100%, but after you get into it, there's absolutely nothing "dangerous" that can be avoided. You just need common sense. On a side note, kids under 12 or people that can't handle cursing or anything that's "mature" probably shouldn't play. "But 12 is still pretty young," you say. In my opinion, as long as you can take care of yourself to a certain extent it's absolutely fine. The youngest ones that I've met are usually around 13, almost 14. Younger kids on IMVU are either even more inappropriate or just too immature (yes, innocent kids sometimes do ask for adult things when they're just too full of it). Either way, I'm glad that I had joined and met the people that I did. I talk to some of them through Kik (a free messenger on multiple smartphones) and many have become good friends. I'm not saying that you should just talk to random strangers on a more personal level though. Just realize this: There are thousands, millions, of people that join who are just like you. Real people. They go to school, they go to college, and some are old enough to have paying jobs. There are some hackers, horny, rude, disgusting, and annoying people on IMVU, but aren't there people like that in the real world, too? IMVU is a pretty good site, and I do recommend it if you enjoy meeting new people. Just be careful and you'll have a great time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLunaVk April 27, 2014

Depends on the kid.

While I am not saying imvu is a good website for children,depending on your kid they should be fine. There really isn't to much sex if you don't have AP. Imvu is for 13+ BUT some 11 year olds would be fine.

Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2014

Is It Right?

OK, so first off, you have the title, which when pronounced slowly, comes to sound like `I envy you`, so a lot of people already start to get a bad idea of the game, however, (it actually stands for Instant Messaging Virtual Universe!) It lets you chat for free, to people from all over the world, and lets you make friends. IMVU lets you customise your avatar, and, yes I will admit, the clothes that you can buy for them can be very....disturbing... I have also seen people make videos on how to make your avatar naked, which perhaps isn't a good option to follow-at all. You can enter chat rooms, where you make friends and meet people, however, you can find chat rooms for ANYTHING and when I mean ANYTHING, I mean literally for everything. IMVU is a good way of interacting with people from all over the world, but you can also get married on it and make-out online(so technically speaking, you can have virtual sex) the poses your avatar can do come from negative, all the way to disturbing, and you can buy more poses, which are basically actions for your avatar to do.I SUGGEST YOU ONLY PLAY THIS GAME IF YOU ARE 14 YEARS OR OVER!!!! It also gives you options to slap, punch and kick people, so this game is not for 10 or 11 year old kids. The game also has many viruses, although it claims it hasn`t so you have to have a good PC for it to work properly.

Teen, 15 years old Written byidgurl March 20, 2014

its not appropiate for kids.

its totally not for kids. to much sexual stuff, like clothes, role plays, actions! and much more! don't let your kids sign up for this! I signed up for I when I was like... 11 and it was very inappropriate! I think it's okay for like..... 14 and up teens!

Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2014

bad for kids!

its terrible I am only ten I tried it and fail some one tried to have sex with me it a bad game no child under 17 should be playing.

Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2014

at least 17+

I have an account on this website, and from at least 5 years of have and account I learned 1 thing. NOT APPROPRIATE. There is wwwaaaayyy to much sexual content. One time this "17" wanted to have sex wit me but i didn't let him. Almost every chat room has some type of sexual content in it, weather its just two kissing/hugging or sex/groping. There was also 3 girls feeling this other girl, two holding here down and one thrusting. Swearing is also involved, this site is not like Stardoll where the block bad words, anybody can type the word "Fuck" and NOT get banned. Other players also like to take about sexual things and dirty. This website is no way safe in my opinion. Players ask for phone names, numbers, emails, addresses, and explicit photos. Players try to hack your computer and unless fake, age is broadcasted to other players. There is also some violence...but I don't run into a lot of that. Some "drinking" which is fake.

Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2014

DONT EVEN DOWNLOAD

i loved this game untill like 30 guys asked me for my name, where i live and email. i didnt tell them any of it.they even asked me for pictures of me.the only possitve message this game is dont end up like the low lifes playing this game. DONT LET YOUR CHILDREN PLAY THIS!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byCookieCruncher January 2, 2014

It is not safe

It is not safe for people under 13 to go on this website because it has things kids shouldn't see such as nudity, drugs and sex please keep your kids off this website as i have tried it

Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2013

It's Fun... But It's Bad!

I Like The Game, It's Fun... I Know I'm A Bit Too Young For It (Almost 13) But I Know To Never Share Any Personal Information. The sexual Content Of This Game Is Just... Ugh. The Clothes You Can Make Your Avatar Wear Are Mostly Very Skimpy Things. Some Of The Positions The Avatars Go in Are Rude And Most Of The Time You'll Find Yourself Making Out With A random Person! Also, You Can Swear And There Is No Moderation In The Chatrooms. I Think That Most People On There Are Either Kids Who Have Lied About Their Age (Like Me), Or They Are Perverts Who Say They Are Young. Disgusting... Not Appropriate For Kids O_O

Teen, 14 years old Written bylizzy_b. December 22, 2013

IMVU for teens

I know it has bad things on IMVU but kids could actually learn from it.Lets say the teen sees someone talking about you know what, well the could learn things like protected s** and when its a good time to have it. For the fashion lovers, i know that there is a little nudity but it'll show the teen how not to dress even tho it looks cute on her avatar its probably not gonna look so hot on her or him.Parents understand you should let them play they could learn things.Parents you could have restrictions for them while they are playing IMVU.If you see them doing something bad punish them. Please understand that Teenager 12 and up can play this game.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysaysarmargarita December 13, 2013

be responsible when you play this game!

I played this game was I was 12, which was over a year ago. I knew some ways to stay safe from people who I thought were harmful. They would ask for my Facebook (I don't have one, I think Facebook is a really bad idea for kids), twitter, instagram, or any other social media app that would give away my appearence. But, there are some many other ways that your children can be harmed by this. People who play this game, are not who you think they are. Someone of them can trick your kids and then those bad people, can find out who your kids are. Children under 12 years old should no be playing this game. They swear, they are very sexual, they have objects and symbols that represent smoking and drinking, and you can expose so much to the world from this website. Yes, it may be fun and addicting, but play it when you are older and more mature because then you know the right thing to do. Children don't know how to keep themselves safe. Plus, they can get themselves into A LOT of trouble. I got into a lot of trouble with my dad, and it wasn't very good. :/ Children 14 and over, maybe even mature 13 year olds should play this game. They should be smart and keep themselves safe. ~saysarmargarita

Kid, 8 years old December 4, 2013

I HATE IMVU

my sister when she was 13 she went on it and she saw some stuff not for teens for kids and she stoped going on it