Kid reviews for Khan Academy

Excellent tutorials on math, humanities, and more, for free.

Teen, 17 years old Written byKhanacedemysucks July 15, 2020

SO BAD!!!!

Khan academy is horrible. If you get one answer wrong you have to restart. And the videos barely teach you anything, so the practices and quizzes are IMPOSSIBLE without other’s help. And don’t even get me started on the help center, the “sign in” is just an article about why it doesn’t automatically sign you in. If they get a bad request, THEY LIE AND SAY THEY HAVE A SMALL TEAM AND CAN’T READ YOUR MESSAGE, SO THEY ONLY TAKE THE SMALL REQUESTS AND QUESTIONS AND THE GOOD REVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!! So I recommend not to get khan academy.
Teen, 17 years old Written byKhan sucks June 17, 2020

Khan academy = COMPLETE TRASH

If you are reading this, Khan academy is not a good website. To master something you have to get EVERYTHING right AND when you put down the right answer it says it's wrong. I know this because I looked up the answer after I got it wrong and my answer was right. If you know whats a complete waste of time and whats not, I suggest you don't make you kids do Khan Academy or do it yourself.
Teen, 15 years old Written byethanolsen October 13, 2014

Why Khan Academy is Awesome.

Khan Academy is a website that was created with the goal of providing awesome, free education to anyone who has access to the internet. It is made up of relatively quick video tutorials, and has a huge amount of information in subjects such as math, biology, chemistry, physics, economics, programming, history, music, and art. In my opinion, Khan Academy more than meets the requirements of an education website. It has accurate information, clear presentation of its information, functionality, an engaging system, and a cool, up to date design.
The first and most important requirement that Khan Academy meets is the need for accurate information. Salman Khan, the author of Khan Academy's videos, has multiple degrees in mathematics and science. He is credible. Additionally, Khan Academy is constantly improving. Various experts and PhDs contribute towards improving Khan Academy's content. If an inaccurate video is reported, it is removed from the website and revised.
Another great thing about Khan Academy is how it presents its information. Khan's lessons are clear and effectively crafted. His videos are colorful and are reinforced by entertaining illustrations and vivid pictures. Khan himself has a clear and animated voice, rather than a dull and monotonous one, making his videos enjoyable for both younger and older users.
Khan Academy also has a useable, functional website. All of Khan Academy’s information is efficiently categorized, organized, and labeled. In addition, Khan Academy has a powerful search engine for finding very distinct topics. These aspects make it a lot easier to take advantage of Khan Academy's great content.
One important thing for an education website to have is an engaging system. Khan Academy engages its users by setting goals, giving a unique plan for its users, and giving rewards for successful completion of these goals. Khan Academy rewards its users with points, achievements, and badges. This feature engages both young and old users, giving them incentive and satisfaction.
A great feature that really stood out to me about Khan Academy is its colorful, aesthetically pleasing website. When you log on, the first thing that you notice is its up to date, contemporary design and its cool colors. Khan Academy is characterized by simple yet sophisticated art, bright, cheery colors, and neat icons and meters. This aspect makes Khan Academy even more enjoyable to use.
In conclusion, I think that Khan academy is an excellent education website like no other. Its accurate information and excellent presentation is tied together with its functionality and beautiful design. Khan Academy is awesome!

Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2014

Great website.

Khan Academy is a great way of explaining concepts to children and helping them learn. IXL.com is also good, but when their explinations are not good, I come to Khan Academy. 5 out of 5 stars!!

Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2014

Fantastic and Even Addicting

It has math, science, history, and computer science! I love this website! Even if I don't have to in my spare time I will go to Khan Academy and learn computer programming with Processing JS. This is just the best. You can even play game made by others that are learning programming. This is a very good website that is absolutely FREE, and it is 10 times better than IXL

Teen, 14 years old Written bykibble May 30, 2014

A myriad amount of opportunities

Khan Academy. Before this, I never had much enjoyment with learning things online: occasionally, informational websites are a bit sketchy, and it's much simpler getting info in person. Sal Khan is a true genius.

What began as a few small lessons for Sal's cousin, then became a popular tutorial playlist in YouTube. Now, it is a website where tens and millions of students learn math, science, economics and finance, history, philosophy, computer programming and computer science. Students are also able to prep for multiple exams, such as the SAT, the MCAT, the GMAT, or AP Art History. Of course, I would also like to see subjects in my favour (French and Music Theory :P ), but who can blame them? Khan Academy currently has about 300,000,000 lessons, and are creating new content every day.

IT IS SAID that Sal Khan's videos, especially based on math, are primitive and unappetizing. It is true that the videos that Sal creates are basic, but that is not supposed to get in the way of learning. One of the main reasons why Sal creates videos like these is that he wants to be productive on the quantity of videos he makes and still induce enough learning into every one of them. In other words, he wants to make as many videos of different subjects while still teaching students well. I mean, it has worked for me.

I appreciated the fact that Sal advocated for the gamification of learning in 2010. It has appealed to me ever since I stumbled upon it a month ago. In Khan Academy, you gain "energy points" for the actions you do on the site, such as answering questions correctly, watching a video, or receiving certain badges that you can show off to other users. Energy points are used to comment, change your avatar, change your profile background, or simply to show off your investment in learning through Khan Academy. I am sure that kids will enjoy learning through this site this way.

Along with encouraging enjoyable learning is you are able to coach your own students through Khan Academy. I actually use it to tutor a couple of my own classmates. Teachers, parents and guardians will find this exceptionally useful as well; coaches are able to monitor their students' progress individually, including what videos they watched, what skills they have mastered and, most importantly, the skills in which they are struggling at. Coaching with Khan Academy is an excellent method in training your students, peers, or even your friends.

What is also great about Khan Academy is that the web is ad-free. Sal clearly didn't want students to get off track and regress just by having advertisements sprayed over every page. Khan Academy is a non-profit organization, so it is funded by donations. One notable donor is Bill Gates, the chief executive and chairman of Microsoft, and his son Rory uses the site personally.

Khan Academy: a project that enables teaching kids from around the entire world. What's the wait?

Teen, 13 years old Written byRodeo-Girl October 24, 2010

Great! Probably the best educational tool on the 'net

Great, and comprehensive. I could go on forever, but this site is on for Any age, and any subject. We use this in school almost daily, and it is just great!

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written byLoranikas303 September 21, 2020
Why would our teachers force us to do this website when we were in middle school?! I hate math so much because it's the hardest school subject and amp; tricky numbers. I read a lot of reviews and there is so much hate. My teachers doesn't care about the hateful reviews. The only good thing is the vocabulary. Don't go in this trash!

Teen, 14 years old Written bythissucksihatepoop September 14, 2020

i hate kahn academy

kahn academy is really bad, because it literally doesn't teach us anything. If you get one question wrong, you have to do EVERYTHING over again. It isn't encouraging. It's stressful.
It's really annoying to everyone that i know that teachers use kahn academy, i know better websites like bigideasmath and even google presentation slides are better than this. EVERYONE HERE DISLIKES KAHN. TEACHERS STOP. we're not learning, we're stressed and annoyed. The goal of kahn is to get a good score, not learn.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymr.doutfire September 13, 2020

why is there more videos and stupid awnsers dont get this is will scam you

this is bull crap its stupid u need to be in 7th grade to know this shi*

Teen, 13 years old Written byahlix September 9, 2020

khan academy is one of the worst education websites i have ever used

khan academy is horrible. this makes me miss ixl. i hate ixl with a passion. the hints do nothing, the guy in the video barely explains anything, and what is wrong with this website. i was doing a problem and it asked me to translate an image and i did. there was no check button, the only buttons were get a hint and watch a video. i used the hint. what did the hint say? it told me to do exactly what i did. for some reason, it didn't let me submit it at all, and now i am stressed out, i want to cry, my anxiety is going brrrrr because i'm scared my parents will yell at me if i get anything lower than an a in my math class, and i'm so confused on what we're even doing. w h a t. khan academy sucks.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylaosuna August 31, 2020

Probably the least thought out review but I am mad

It's always the first thing that pops up when you look up anything school related. I think I have watched a Khan academy video every time I needed to do something for school. I end up watching three videos and not learning about the thing I came for in the first place. This is the top suggestion?!?! I am sitting here with a bloody nose writing a review (I am usually a calm person but school stress along with unhelpful videos makes me do stuff i really regret. More of a personal problem but that doesn't take away from the fact that this website is trash). If you're still reading this, the point is please discourage your child from going to this site, there are many, many other websites that are exponentially better at explaining course material. Schools all over the world use this site as a learning tool, and their ignorance disgusts me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byavavavavva August 31, 2020

this website is fucking garbage

this website is trash i hate it
if my kids were told to use this
i would take them out of the school
khan academy is fucking trash and it sucks.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysome idiot idk August 26, 2020

It's a good website but can get frustrating

They actually teach you with videos instead of just using a Q-learning algorithm (in a nutshell, trial and error; when you get something wrong, it punishes you) on humans.

Only a few videos are even remotely bad. However, for those videos, the topics are usually easy enough to grasp without a lesson using the previous information.
Kid, 11 years old August 25, 2020

OH MY GOD THIS SUCKS

Anyone in the right mind should not use the garbage. NONE of the videos are clear and if you get one question wrong you have to restart.
Teen, 13 years old Written byguci grandpa August 20, 2020

ITS A SCAM!!!!!!

it is awful it will make you want to kill yourself do not do it if you are a teacher and thinking about using this platform DONT. it is the worst there are better ones trust me. the guy that talks in all the videos have the worst possible voice for it. it is just a scam trying to get you to pay for membership.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAGirl. August 10, 2020

IT sucks

It sucks for all ages
Teen, 15 years old Written byCreative Writing August 7, 2020

dumb

Why was this made? This guy named Sal Khan made this for kids and is completely clueless about how you teach math. Let's say that you are learning how to do multiplication and that concept would probably take 3 minutes tops to explain. But this guy takes 15 extra minutes of your time to tell you every little detail about that concept and you learn nothing. Teachers should not have kids do this. Thankfully my teachers do not but my parents do. I have been wanting to tell people for so long about how terrible this website is and I have finally gotten my chance.

Teen, 13 years old Written byXxPastel_Marshm... August 4, 2020
don't even try. it's supposed to make you smarter and probably supposed to make you feel more confidant in the math problems but all that comes to my head when i'm doing the unit test or course challenges is 'we get it. i'm stupid'
after you fix your answer it says something like "you improved your answer" and the fact that it says that makes me mad and annoyed. i mean seriously! we don't need to know that we improved my answer when the answer that the website said was right is 25% wrong.
Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2020

Not Very Good

I think the app is pretty frustrating. It makes learning boring and the videos are almost nothing like the quiz. Like other people, I wish there was a restart button or something, because that would make it a bit easier. I also wish there was a better way to access help. I wouldn't recommend. Have a nice day.