Kid reviews for Khan Academy

Excellent tutorials on math, humanities, and more, for free.

Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2020

Not Very Good

I think the app is pretty frustrating. It makes learning boring and the videos are almost nothing like the quiz. Like other people, I wish there was a restart button or something, because that would make it a bit easier. I also wish there was a better way to access help. I wouldn't recommend. Have a nice day.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPastelie August 1, 2020
I literally watch the video and when I do the exercises, I get the wrong answer even if I did it correctly and checked my answer. The worst part is you can’t even report a problem after you’ve hit submit. I mean, how am I supposed to know if the answer isn’t right on the website?! It literally wants to make me cry
Teen, 13 years old Written bytgibb1149 July 28, 2020

you gotta read this cuz khan is just.....yikes

Listen, my parents had me do this for the summer so i could keep my 4.0 but this seriously DOESNT HELP. No matter how much i beg they won't let me stop this nonsense. They say it helps and that if it's so easy i should be able to breeze though it but it's not that simple. Cuz there is no joke like over 100 DIFFERENT lessons. and they dont get any harder. And yes most everything does just fine on here but it doesn't mean that they don't have problems. Call me over dramatic but seriously, this entire summer i have gotten NOWHERE with this site. Parents, if you're reading this please consider to not do this. And kids, show your parents this and it might just get you out of this mess before you spend too much time wasted here.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDK_BLM July 28, 2020

Very boring

Very boring. Your child can fell asleep because the speakers are just straight up inhuman. Even Khan himself is boring as well. None of my friends understand what he's talking about.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylandoner July 27, 2020

khan academy review

many people seem to think its a good way to catch up or get ahead on basic skills, but it just wastes your time, With one mistake on a quiz or a test, you have to restart 75% of the unit. The test and quizes have nothing on them that relate to the video lessons, the video lesson dont explain well and the questions are too easy
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr.TK July 26, 2020

Its dumb, it is crap

I keep getting forced to do history and it has too much to read, too much to remember and if i get a lot wrong on a quiz, im dead, i have to start everything all over again

Teen, 13 years old Written byExperion July 22, 2020

it not educational enough

this website doesn't educate people enough i myself have learned much form this I suggest getting a tutor tutors will help much more than this website
Teen, 17 years old Written bydOgcAtv July 22, 2020

horrible

when you get an answer correct sometimes it says its wrong, and when the person in the video is explaining something it does not make sense, then in the questions it is totally different.

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2020

Excellent Website

Khan Academy is a great website. Personally, it has helped me learn more about the subjects that I'm interested in. The videos are great, and they explain every concept in a very detailed way. The activities are also great and will also help you if you're stuck. Overall, Khan Academy is a great website that I definitely recommend.

Teen, 15 years old Written byme4 July 15, 2020

Just don't

This site is VERY hard to level up on. As if you get a problem wrong that is it. This can be a REAL pain when trying to achieve mastery.
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2020

Most Fun Math Will Get

This has lots of educational value. It teaches math, science, reading, and more. It's pretty fun, with stuff you can earn (Pokemon-like avatars that level up and badges), but a lot of times, it just gets you angry because you put an answer, when it checks, you get it wrong. When you look at the revealed answer, it's what you put! It's decent though for homework or online learning.
Teen, 13 years old Written byaefeakyazi July 13, 2020

Just trash.

This is completely bad. If your main language isnt english. THIS SUCKS!
Kid, 8 years old July 7, 2020

IT IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS SO GOOD! I have been using it for 2 months, and I still like it so much! I recommend it so much! Do not listen to that review junk you have seen before, I love Khan Academy so much, you should, too! PS It is free! Download the app now!

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 15 years old Written byZenitsu July 7, 2020

Sad

its sad how people are actually disliking khan academy. it has similar reviews to ixl, yet khan academy is far better then ixl. people are saying that khan academy is, "get one question wrong and its sooooo frustrating." Well at least you don't have to do 28+ questions JUST to master a skill.(talking about ixl.) Plus its funny how people in the reviews are saying, khan academy is a program that only cares about money. but khan academy is literally the opposite. (khan academy is a free math program that only earns money through donations.)
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2020

Amazing for learning a lot

I don't know why there are so many bad reviews, but don't listen to them. They're all from 2015 or '14 which might explain it, but I'm confused because Khan Academy has brought my grades up a lot. It taught me Computer programming and math, and made it really fun and a lot easier.

Kid, 12 years old June 25, 2020

Horrible Formatting

I think the formatting change is horrible! Compared to the format that was being used in 2016, this one is absolutely dreadful. It makes it more confusing that it has to be. I am trying to do an introduction to Algebra 1, and new unfamiliarity I am experiencing does NOT help.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywatwatwat June 24, 2020

Don't use this site

One of the worst learning sites ever. The videos are low quality and have no relevance to the question, the explanation behind the problems are absolute rubbish, and overall it's just a waste of your time. I'd much rather use a textbook and get the concept in 3 minutes, than sit through a terribly boring, 10 minute long video and not learn anything.
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2020

Really Amazing and Helpful

Khan Academy has an abundant amount of courses. The videos are really good, and easy to follow along since there are captions in each. I have been doing it for about a month, and it really is a really amazing website to learn.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCoobnoobr June 14, 2020

Great curriculums!

I’m currently learning computer science and programming, and have learned math as well. This program is very well made and has nothing bad for younger kids. They even have some courses for children in preschool!

Teen, 14 years old Written byBelangerSMB May 19, 2020

If you want kids to learn, you did a good job!

Khan is the best in the business!
Don't let kids do IXL, they'll show signs of anxiety, and depression.