Kid reviews for Khan Academy

Excellent tutorials on math, humanities, and more, for free.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIncorrect May 2, 2020

I HAVE FOUND ABOUT 1,000,00 ERRORS WHEN TAKING THE QUIZZES AND SAL STUMBLES OVER HIS WORDS TOO MUCH

Teen, 16 years old Written byosh231413 April 14, 2020

this website will make you want to chew glass and gargle salt water

i have never found school work that makes me want break everything in sight. i would honestly rather stare at a wall than do khan.
if you're making your kid do khan, just remember that they probably don't love you anyways.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byokokokokok April 12, 2020

ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMENDED

I think that Khan Academy is very bad because when you want to do good one something and get a question wrong you have to get every question wrong and then re start and then it bring you level down so much I just don't really recommend it
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2020

Khan Academy ROCKS!

I think Khan Academy is amazing.
Firstly, Khan Academy has not just math, but reading, math, science, test prep, and even JavaScript!
It has a lot of informational videos and other cool features. One of my favorites would be in JavaScript, where you can interact with the numbers in the video!
I think Khan Academy is very fun and informative.
Yay Khan Academy!!!
(I'm the 100th reviewer!!!!)

Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2020

Better than IXL

IXL made me a raging monster, so I switched to this, and it is flat out better. It has its flaws but overall It has definitely helped me learn Algebra 1.

Kid, 12 years old March 25, 2020

its better than ixl

Ok, so im a 6th grader and my school is currently shut down because of corona virus. So for math i was reacquired to do 1 hour of math. I started out be using ixl which was actually really discouraging and annoying to use. I tried using Khan Academy and It was SO much easier and much more fun. I highly recommend. I say 9+ just because the programs for 4th grade and up are better in my opinion.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykota.stowd March 22, 2020

Silly Website

Their explanations to subjects are so long! Don't understand how you can read all of that with interest. Also don't like how it forces you to watch a 15 minute long video. Tips to families and schools; try Education Perfect, it's great!
Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2020

My opinion

It made me answer questions I already knew. It took up hours of time. It gave me things that had nothing to do with my grade.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRonan Daglish February 12, 2020

I hate Khan Accademy

I went on this website thinking it will be ok. But once I got on there I didn't like it at all Khan accademy is frustrating with my lack of learning and makes me fail my tests and the videos are not useful this website is your basic online nightmare for teens. Do not visit this site.
Teen, 16 years old Written byQuickQuack January 29, 2020

Awesome

Can give great videos and lessons for your kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written byKhanAcademyIsGarbage January 25, 2020

Khan Academy is flawed.

Khan Academy is honestly the worst and most flawed education website I have used. It has never taught me anything and it only frustrates me. I had to do two quizzes at one which had the same question so I just looked at my work and put in the answer. Khan Academy decided that there is a problem with not doing the same question twice, so it made me refresh the site which gave me a new question that my teacher never taught. Khan Academy doesn't work and can't teach. I would never recommend it to ANYONE. Khan Academy is a waste of time and no teacher should assign anything from it. Khan Academy is garbage.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMyfreeapsssss December 19, 2019

Worst site available

I been doing Khan academy five months now and I still haven't learned a thing it is the worst available just get one on one help from your teacher its way easier.

Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2019

My review of Khan Academy: It's not so good as you think ;)

I have been on Khan Academy since the 6th grade so about 2 yrs now, and there is one thing I have to say, PARENTS AND SCHOOLS DO NOT MAKE YOUR CHILDREN/STUDENTS DO THIS WEBSITE...Let me explain, I'm forced to do Khan Academy and if I do not do my week my grade goes down like 4% which is bullcrap, also it stresses me out, my teacher also teaches the subject of math very differently than Khan Academy does, and Kahn Academy's way is much harder than my teacher's way of doing the subject in math. Not only that but to knee you in the balls the most, whenever you take a quiz and Ase it, it only adds 2 mins of your 30 mins week time. But if you do bad on it it adds more time than if you Ase it. I do not know why this website is popular due it also having minor flaws like it being difficult to navigate. This crappy website makes my grade go down and without Khan Academy I would be less stressed out, I already have so much more homework so why should this even exist, especially if I have MATH HOMEWORK. Khan Academy's purpose I guess was to get you to be better at math or whatever subject you learn with it, but it just makes you more stressed out and more confused with that said subject, furthermore, when you get out of school sure you should do the homework you recieve but after it's a time to relax and hang out with friends, not sit at a computer doing Khan Academy. Sorry for this review to be very long but here is my point. Khan Acdemy does not work for it's attended purpose instead it makes you more stressed out, so parents and schools please don't try out this website and force the kids to do it like my school does.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybedazzledseaotter November 12, 2019
This is not a good site for one main reason.
I will start off by saying, however, that the videos are helpful. They are insightful and very useful (that's the only reason why I gave it 2 starts instead of one).
However, the practice aspect of this site lacks development. To practice, one must get 3/4 or 5/7 questions correct to reach the "familiar" achievement. This would be fine, except for the fact that you must complete the whole practice before trying again. For example, if one starts a 7 question practice and gets the first 3 questions wrong, their score is already set in stone- they are getting a below average score. However, the student must finish the whole practice before starting again. So even though they know that they are getting a below average score, they must complete the other questions in order o re-test. This puts more frustration on the student, and causes them to give up and lose interest in the subject.

This was an incredible idea, but it needs more development.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjoe59 October 24, 2019

Too many glitches

the way how they sort out the skills is trash. When you select the skill you want to start below the percentage bar, it will scroll down to some other skill. Also the hints and videos are WAY too complicated. They just need to give the steps to an answer, instead of bajillions of useless examples.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 16 years old Written bypotatochips123 October 10, 2019

Very good learning tool for High School Students

Khan Academy is a great, free source for descriptive and informative videos which are very useful for explaining complex and difficult concepts especially in mathematics and the sciences. The step by step walk-through is particularly helpful when trying to develop new skills in certain subjects. As a high school student, Khan Academy is invaluable to helping me, more thoroughly understanding the course concepts, because of the sample questions which are provided after learning. Also, as a student, you are driven by a point system and badges which helps you strive to do more tasks, (even to the point of pure enjoyment). I would highly recommend this site to all high school students who are doing mathematics and/or sciences.

Kid, 9 years old September 24, 2019

Good app

When I told my mom this app was free and for all ages, she was really happy. I signed up for it, it's a great app! Would recommend it to Pre-schoolers and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAn1Gaming_YT August 14, 2019

Most of the data is false

This website makes learning more stressful than it already has to be. it is hard to increase your percentage, and it gives false data, to the parents dashboard. It has so many glitches, and it has a big learning curve for new people trying to use the website.
Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2019

Amazing!

Amazing! It teaches you rather than making you help yourself, videos tutorials, and plus it's free. IXL is a cruel website that just wants money only for its users to discover later that they are sitting for hours on the computer only to find out LATER that they won... ooh guess what a dinosaur sticker how amazing NOT, but Khan Academy is a helpful, engaging way to learn, and it has much more choices than IXL. However, it needs a reporting system and to be able to sort out topic by year group because some of us are in the UK. But apart from that, amazing!

Teen, 14 years old Written byKenzaWalker July 15, 2019

Great educational program!

I don’t agree at all with the reviews saying it’s frustrating and difficult. They make it a challenge to master the skills on purpose to make sure kids have actually understood the material. I’m a freshman student and I watch Khan Academy videos all the time when I need some extra explanation on a concept from class. I also use it over the summer so I don’t lose everything I learned the previous year. My 3rd grade sister struggles a lot with math, but Khan Academy has helped her so much. Earning points on the program motivates both of us to learn outside of school, and unlike most educational programs, it’s 100% free. The only downside is that they don’t have any courses for literacy.