Kid reviews for Khan Academy

Excellent tutorials on math, humanities, and more, for free.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysoulla June 13, 2019

isssss ok

Its just rllllly boooooringgg. it makes u watch these usless videos that r like 10 mins long and u have to watch 5 of them to complete the lesson and if u skip some it doesnt give u any credit. overall its ok
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2019

Don't listen to other people, this site is the best!!!!

Other people are rating this in a horrible way. This site is the best learning site ever! I am homeschooled and this site has helped me learn a lot of things. However, there are videos on reproductive system, and in the history section it describes the experience of slaves, which can be quite graphic and violent. If your kid is too young for this, then you can always make sure that they don't learn any of that stuff.

Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2019

So good!

This website is an amazing way to master subject by grade, and all for free.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMoo1 April 25, 2019

It stinks!

Khan Academy doesn’t even have they basic math skills that I need to learn. I went there for help on my homework and the topic I was on was non-existing. It’s not even super complicated math that no one learns. They really need to update their databases
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2019

WAY BETTER THAN IXL

Khan academy really helped me when i was struggling in math thank you so much Khan academy!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byJayanb March 19, 2019

Impossible

I am in 7th grade and my teacher wants me to get 8 percent 7th grade mastered per week. This sounds easy enough but it's nearly impossible. Personally I only get 1 mastery challenge every 24 hours and once I complete 5 practices it tells me I can't even level up any more so I can only get about 1/2 a percent a day

Teen, 14 years old Written byMakhid March 10, 2019

The best

This is the best program I used it and I got it on the first shot. Sal khan videos are full of information and it’s one of the best programs to use and its free!!!!

Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2019

Sucks

This unteaches me the math skills I need to have that are vital to my education. I hate it because it gives me headaches.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymathsucks February 13, 2019

Khan inst helping anyone anymore

This is not at all what i learned in the class room, i am in algebra 1 honors and this website is my homework. It does not help me learn it is only hurting me. Whoever made this needs to learn the new ways of math because it is teaching me a completely different version from the way i learned it. Even my teacher gets some of the problems wrong because she is doing the way she is teaching us and the videos sometimes are on the wrong topic.
Kid, 9 years old November 29, 2018

WORST. SITE. EVER.

i am 4th grade, I do this at school, it SUCKS. All the questions are so hard, I hate doing this so much, parents or teachers, if u make your kid/students do this, STOP IT RIGHT NOW! It is way too hard! When i do it I literary get real mad. so parents or teachers, if u are letting ur kids/students do this, STOP, JUST STOP, JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ONLY RECOMMEND THIS FOR PEOPLE WHO PASSED COLLEGE!

Teen, 15 years old Written byKhanacademysucks October 19, 2018

Don't use Khan academy

I hope i never have to use this site again as the scroll bar does not function well and should be redone. In its current iteration it is hardly functional.

Teen, 15 years old Written byOkami Kajiwara October 1, 2018

Not for lazy people.

Khan academy is the BEST learning site i have found so far. The tests are challenging and the instructors explain the topic almost flawlessly every time. But the mastery tests are a bit tricky, when you get even one wrong you must try again, but it's MASTERY its not supposed to be easy. When i hear people complain about the mastery tests and how they are not fair it annoys me very much because, once again mastery is not supposed to be easy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmireee September 10, 2018

Eh, makes you feel kinda bad

Eh. Sometimes i like it sometimes I don't. I find it sometimes confusing and the video it shows can be on a different topic on what you want. I feel bad if i get them wrong because I think it should give you 2 tries like another math website, MobyMax. It gives you 2 tries which I think is better and gives you partial credit for the 2nd one. The partial credit is good because it doesn't make you feel too bad about getting something wrong. Most of the time I need that 2nd try because i can sometimes so something stupid and not check even though I know the answer.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIXL-hater September 3, 2018

eh

I don't like it AT ALL, but ixl is worse

Teen, 15 years old Written byVary August 10, 2018

A great site!

When I first started Khan Academy I liked it, so I kept going until I got ahead in math. When I finally went to high school for my first year, I was doing Algebra 3! Khan Academy is great at explaining things that you are studying, if you watch the videos or else you won't learn anything.

Teen, 16 years old Written byStan peter August 2, 2018

It's one of the best websites you can ever get for learning.

Khan academy explains everything in a simple manner and makes it really easy for one to understand.

You'll crack exams with khan academy. Just try it out.
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2018

Amazing Learning App!

Khan Academy is really cool. Trust me. I'm a kid. I use it a few times a week. In Khan Academy you could pick your topics that your interested in. For example, Math,Humanities, Music,and more! There is even Computer Programming! There a videos, tests and lessons. Also it's free. If you want extra guidance over your child's work make a parent account! Thank you for reading my review!

Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2018

Trash-Because of the videos

This is such a trashy website because of the videos, Sal Khan literally explains how to 8+7 in a 10 minute video and then they quiz you on 5.8976+88.76454. So boring, because I am in Advanced Math for 5th grade, and we went over 8+7 in FIRST grade. All of my friends hate it, and mock Sal Khan! Because he explains in his videos about as fast as a snail. It sucks the heck out of math. And since our advanced teacher uses Khan academy, he makes us do "special events" in which we do 20 videos and 20 excirceses. The excirseses are Ok. But Khan is free.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycyndavlaaaa June 5, 2018

Easy to follow but questions can be very difficult to understand, leading to frustration.

Don't get me wrong, it teaches very well and I actually would recommend it to everyone who wants to expand their mathematical knowledge. But the questions in the quizzes can be poorly worded.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnna G. May 26, 2018

Waist of my summer vacation ...

For summer my math teacher made us use this over summer vacation. I liked it at first due to how little work he assigned us. I got stuck on a few questions so I clicked on a video. The video made no sense and just confused me more. On top of that I you only have one more question to answer and you get it wrong you have to restart from the beginning. Overall, it was a waist of my summer vacation because I ha to do just one assignment for over an hour almost ever time. It was very frustrating.