Kid reviews for Khan Academy

Excellent tutorials on math, humanities, and more, for free.

Teen, 15 years old Written bycyndavlaaaa June 5, 2018

Easy to follow but questions can be very difficult to understand, leading to frustration.

Don't get me wrong, it teaches very well and I actually would recommend it to everyone who wants to expand their mathematical knowledge. But the questions in the quizzes can be poorly worded.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnna G. May 26, 2018

Waist of my summer vacation ...

For summer my math teacher made us use this over summer vacation. I liked it at first due to how little work he assigned us. I got stuck on a few questions so I clicked on a video. The video made no sense and just confused me more. On top of that I you only have one more question to answer and you get it wrong you have to restart from the beginning. Overall, it was a waist of my summer vacation because I ha to do just one assignment for over an hour almost ever time. It was very frustrating.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJburr57 May 8, 2018

It’s flat out stupid.

It confuses me and my other classmates more then we already are. My teacher says it’s stiuposed to help and if you watch the birdies sometimes it does but most of the time it just makes you more confused. I seriously spend hours apon hours on this website trying to get 100% it at least pass the lesson but it takes like 1 hour just to get one lesson done. Don’t put your kids threw it. It’s now worth it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycoolguy1111 February 28, 2018

bad, trash

it's terrible don't waste your time
Teen, 17 years old Written byclarissamae111 January 18, 2018

It sucks

It is an website to make learning "fun" when in reality it sucks. Completely sucks. It odesnt help at all just makes you even more bored.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGMSstudent January 10, 2018

BAD

Do not use this app, it is a waste of time and money, DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS USE THIS, it causes more problems than it is worth and makes them feel even worth about their lives and if you want them to be successful and happy in their grade, again, DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS USE THIS APP!
Kid, 8 years old December 15, 2017

Khan Academy

I'm a whiz kid, but everybody sometimes gets bad grades, like me.
Khan Academy helped me improve my schoolwork, and help me with things for higher grade levels. The videos are in depth, but very clear. Sal Khan had a very good mission, and that led to an even better website.

Kid, 10 years old October 16, 2017

Best site ever!

I love this site! They have math from kindergarden to highschool, but all the other subjects like biology and astronomy are like grade four and up. I learned a lot from there and its totally free so go check it out!

Teen, 13 years old Written byvinni22 July 19, 2017

khan academy new update

Khan academy started a new update, and, they tell you to choose what grade you are in and what subjects to choose, so they can organize your dashboard. I chose about 15 topics in Math, Science and Test prep. When i clicked continue the screen of the website said they wont let me continue with 15 topics that i chose or basically anything.
Kid, 11 years old July 9, 2017

Best learning site for kids K-12.

The encouragement is very useful, and helped me so much on my math. I've recieved A+ on my report cards all througout since 3rd grade. It's very useful in a lot of subjects that schools don't even teach anymore! I definetly reccomend using this.

Teen, 13 years old Written byShawn Hayes May 18, 2017

Stuff..

It is a very interesting website. It gives a lot of detail but overall its just general things. The site its self is good till fourth grade after that its just general things every normal person would know. The only thing that is good or decent on this website is the computer programming. It gives more detail then any other thing there is on the site. If i were to recommend a learning site to a younger kid, i would maybe recommend this site but if you get them hooked on this site you will not get anywhere after a while.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymario.geo April 5, 2017

Not a good place for students!

Not a good website to learn on!!! Its great how they are non-profit, however it is extremely frustrating. I am a 4.0 student in an advanced math class and a can tell you from experience that this website is not helpful. I'm not just saying this to get out of school work or just to rant, I am trying to give you helpful advice. If you want to help your students or kids, use some other method rather than khan.

Teen, 13 years old Written byitsaghoshst April 2, 2017

Good Academic

Khan Academy really helped me and also helped me improve my grades on tests.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhhshshs March 29, 2017

whhwhw

terrible and slow
Teen, 16 years old Written byTopHat's P. March 29, 2017

Great for learning

This is an awesome website where you can learn technically anything-for free!

Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2017

Even learning disabiltes can learn

i have a math disabilty and could only do 1st grade im in 5th btw now from this website i can do 4th grade Yay! and its free

Teen, 13 years old Written byaylamr113 February 7, 2017

The answers /questions are all wrong!!!!!!!!!!

When Im doing test :for example,geometry: it will say one word and mean a completely diffrent word,and when im doing math ill type in the answer and it says its wrong then i googled the answer and it was right!! I even asked my ma about the question. ..if you fix those ill give you a better review,until then :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byD3C0D3R16 January 13, 2017

Can be cruel/crippling

It is a good site for leaning math and such, but if you miss one question on a mastery challenge and can be quite cruel about the punishment. (7th grade math in particular) Another thing if you miss so much as one question on a mastery challenge you are down 5% WHICH IS HUGE
Teen, 17 years old Written byDillonC January 2, 2017

bad for SAT prep

I have been using khan academy for SAT prep and it has not helped. Parents think it helps but in reality it hasn't affected my scores and has turned into a home wrecker when my parents tell me to do it but they will not listen to me when I tell them it does not help.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobbie26167 November 4, 2016

use it but don't count on proper information

i use it for school IT COUNTS AS A TEST GRADE