Kid reviews for Khan Academy

Excellent tutorials on math, humanities, and more, for free.

Teen, 14 years old Written bytanishq25 August 14, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byFireIceWolf August 5, 2016

Way More Than Math

Yes, Khan Academy is great for learning math; from Early Math (about K-2) to college level. You can take an organized approach, or just keep doing mastery and practice tasks and get hints or watch a video on the topic when you get things wrong. But there is much more than math! One of the biggest parts of Khan Academy is coding, especially using ProcsessingJS. Now, in addition to JS they have HTML and SQL , and courses on how to combine JS and HTML to make interactive websites. Mind you, this can be some rather complex math (geometry, fractions, and the like) so your Kindergartener would likely be unable to do more advanced coding but it's great for older kids in our increasingly-digitalized world. Not to mention you can browse other people's programs and vote them up, leave questions about how they work, or leave tips or congratulations. (Be warned though, some people will make replications of popular games such as Five Nights at Freddy's). There are also lessons on various fields of science, music, U.S., World, and Art History, grammar, economics, and there's a test prep section as well. Now, in science things like the theory of evolution and global warming can be controversial, not to mention reproduction and various other systems are explored which may gross you out and the fact of the matter is, history lessons will cover war and conflict. The complexity of some subjects make most of the site better for older kids, but young children can still learn about math and grammar. Oh, and best of all, the site is free and ad-free as it runs on donations.

Teen, 16 years old Written byolympicmascots May 24, 2016

Really good website

Khan Academy is a website that teaches kids stuff they learn in school. Everything is appropriate. There are violent references in history because there were wars. Some stuff may confuse kids. I recommend to get an account and start learning!

If you want an independent account, 13+.

If you are under 13+, you need a parent or teacher to get an account.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymickey782 February 17, 2016

It's very helpful!

I think khan academy is fun,easy,and helpful. I would definitely recommend it for extra.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykennethk122 November 2, 2015

doichland

needs german language
Teen, 13 years old Written byMuncher24 August 23, 2015

For certain people...

This website is great for certain topics and people, but sometimes it is hard to follow the instructional videos/relate them to your curriculum, or find certain topics. However, this is one of the best education sites out there and can be great to just strengthen material, even if you don't learn it on the site. It also has many motivational methods and classes that are typically harder to find online such as finance, SAT and ACT study, computer programming, health/medicine, etc. This is worth a try!

Teen, 16 years old Written bySalsander April 3, 2015

A Great Reference for All Ages

This site has various lessons ranging from kindergarten math to High School Physics and Calculus. There are fun excises to help students with their math and watching lessons rewards users with a point system. An account is not required to view lessons, though one can be created to track exercise progress and videos watched. Parental controls can create private profiles and restrict commenting. The community is very respectable and full of educators willing to answer questions. I have not come across any inappropriate conversations in the question sections of the videos.

Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2015

Great!

This website offers many courses for all ages. It's geared toward the higher levels (Junior high - highschool) but also contains material for first grade and up. Khan always explains in a calm, clear manner and I'm hardly ever confused. You won't run out of things to learn here!

Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2015

awesome!!

this website has got to be the best educational website i have ever been on in my whole entire life. If you need help with math and other subjects this is where to go!!

Kid, 9 years old October 31, 2014

Homeschooling, without the books.

The site is amazing. It provides great learning on math, programming and more, ranging from video form to articles to activities, right from the start. You can start from the basics, and as you get better you can go more advanced.

Teen, 14 years old Written byitsthecodysseus862 September 27, 2014

Khan Academy

This is just an app for education. Nothing Bad or Wrong. Just a Education Tool. End of Story.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMiss Luna Lovegood July 1, 2014

Khan Academy is the Best in the World!!!!!

I love Khan Academy! I started using it a few years ago and I love it! It does have fantastic math, but my favorite part is the programming! There are excellent teachers and it's fun to make games!

Teen, 15 years old Written byragtagmisfit May 22, 2014

Amazing website

This website is amazing! It is mainly for math but they do have other subjects. If you or your child want to get a ahead in math or need help, I highly recommend this website. It is set up so you select a grade level or course you want to master and you will be given videos to watch and problems to complete based off of what you have yet to learn. The videos are straight to the point and easy to understand and they don't give you and over-bearing amount of problems. If you want to get ahead or need help in math, please use this website!

Kid, 12 years old April 26, 2014

Amazing!

Khan Academy has great math and science vids, that help you cover up a topic. Awsome and fun for learning!

Teen, 13 years old Written bycolettebernheim_ March 4, 2014

The Pros and Khans of Khan Academy

Khan Academy is great when you are studying for tests! It covers science, math, and even economics! This place is full of so many learning opportunities, and you should use it for your next tests! It covers everything in a video and you can do activities with what you've learned so you can see what you know. GO TO THE WEBSITE! It's going to change the way you learn.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2014

Khan Academy is really helpful for all types of students(and focuses on learning) :3

As a personal user of Khan Academy and a 7th grader who is studying Algebra I, I absolutely love this truly educational website. My dad encourages me to use it at times so I can improve my skills in math(since I'm pretty much below average in my grade for Algebra I) and I noticed that Khan Academy also aims at the things you may have trouble with in math and sees what level you are in math. This website is also constantly improving how it runs and what it has in store for you to learn. It also lets you receive points so you can feel rewarded for any skill you have mastered for cool profiles and things you can get on the website so you don't feel like you did anything after mastering a skill you may or may not have had trouble on. Overall, Khan Academy is a great website for students who have trouble on math and is really good from the scale from kindergarteners to high schoolers.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBookworm100 August 20, 2013

Depthy yet clear tutorials that save your grade...

Khan Academy is an amazing website for any student whose education needs a little extra reinforcement. Almost every modern-day kid, including me, has their share of stumbling-blocks in education. It can be frustrating to just gape during an awkward, deficient "lesson"- especially in math - and then be given a list of problems and not register or identify them. Trust me, I know - the algebra tutorials on K.A. are life-savers. Of course, there are tutorials on a variety of subjects, but the website is especially known for its mathematical clarity. DEFINITELY check it out if you're struggling with anything vague in school. You will NOT be sorry.

Kid, 11 years old May 24, 2013

Good and informative

Any age any grade any math subject! The school videos on there are very good and informative.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySavinnaMarie January 2, 2013

Best educational site on the internet

IT'S REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY GOOD IN HERE. I'm a student but I dropped out of school but I wanted to learn because I don't want to be behind my former classmates so I was searching for educational sites and everything and I saw this website and it is the best thing I saw since I got out of school. it's very educational and I love how practical they are by making videos of the actual lesson and teaching it in the video. specially for me who don't really like reading and I really have a hard time learning just by reading the lesson so yeah. this is a big help to me. and I thank the creators and teachers of this site! I also donated to them because I think they deserve a donation. lol.

Kid, 12 years old February 14, 2012