All member reviews for Khan Academy

Great academic videos with math practice for skills mastery.

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byRodeo-Girl October 24, 2010

Great! Probably the best educational tool on the 'net

Great, and comprehensive. I could go on forever, but this site is on for Any age, and any subject. We use this in school almost daily, and it is just great!
Parent Written by2ofnine September 17, 2010

Good idea, great resource

As a homeschooling mom, I think this is a great resource. I am glad to have learned about it, and think it will be a good help for my kids and I as we get into the upper grades.
Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2011

A's for kids

I think if your kid make bad grades this is the Khan Academy to make all A's just staight A's.
Parent Written bysimonmbrooks November 22, 2011

The Ace of Academys

We have been using the Khan Academy to help explain things we cannot do well, or to supplement what we or our kids' school is doing. They have something for most ages from 4 up to adult, from easy to intense. Can't recommend it enough.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bydhudlow March 20, 2011

Better off finding websites with interactive math games

Spent a few minutes on this site, the videos are pretty good. the very first video sold me quickly that these folks think about math and how to get right to the meat of presenting math...however, anything done on a computer should be interactive to get maximum educational value. They do have a software module as well, but it looked very basic from their youtube video. Stlil gave 3 stars because their video library is quite good.
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2011

Parent of a 13 and 13 year old Written byjackied13 November 18, 2010

excellent resource for simplifying math. my kids use it often when they get stuck on math homework
Educator and Parent Written bylgn October 26, 2011

Khan Academy is the best educational site available.

EXCELLENT! RUN, DON'T WALK TO YOUR COMPUTER, AND JOIN THE KHAN ACADEMY!
Educator and Parent Written byCassidysMom December 9, 2011

Arithmephobia Be Gone!

I am the homeschooling parent of my 13 year old daughter and the Khan Academy has changed our educational experience 100%! Amazing results from an amazing educator, THANK YOU SAL! In all seriousness I have seen my child move from an absolute refusal to even acknowledge math to a child who absolutely cannot get enough of the subject in three days. My daughter is also watching the other videos on the site and earning badges and the site seems to have ignited an excitement and fire for learning that I have never seen from her before. This is just so exciting and wonderful.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDolson Fairfieldp January 24, 2012

Khan Academy for high schoolers??

This site other then math is geared more toward highschoolers. With biology history geometry, trig, calc etc. It defiantly helps with math but is not 100% useful until hs years.Geat website overall 5 out of 5
Kid, 12 years old February 14, 2012

ok crazy

you are kidding that,s for 10 to teen years
Teen, 13 years old Written bySavinnaMarie January 2, 2013

LEARNING

Best educational site on the internet

IT'S REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY GOOD IN HERE. I'm a student but I dropped out of school but I wanted to learn because I don't want to be behind my former classmates so I was searching for educational sites and everything and I saw this website and it is the best thing I saw since I got out of school. it's very educational and I love how practical they are by making videos of the actual lesson and teaching it in the video. specially for me who don't really like reading and I really have a hard time learning just by reading the lesson so yeah. this is a big help to me. and I thank the creators and teachers of this site! I also donated to them because I think they deserve a donation. lol.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bymindfun November 21, 2012

LEARNING

Khan Academy can help your kids and you get a free, high quality education!

Khan Academy provides free video lessons to help anyone get a free, high quality education. The lessons cover many subjects. Currently, there are very extensive video libraries on math and science topics. There are also lesson on other topics, including history and finance. The site also includes computer generated math problems for students to practice with. I highly recommend this site.
Parent Written byGina Rau November 21, 2012

LEARNING

Khan Academy has been the right solution for our children

My son is highly gifted, particularly in the areas of math and Khan Academy has provided a learning opportunity for him that we couldn't find elsewhere. Since he was five years old he has explored new topics and learned at his own pace as he practiced his skills. Where schools drop the ball in challenging children who learn faster than others, Khan Academy provides a wonderful, well planned solution.
Parent Written bySarahJ 3 February 26, 2015

GOOD

My son likes to use Khan Academy's video lessons for explanation whenever he encounters a new concept on Beestar. So far, he has been using these two sites together and they become his favorite math study tools. Beestar offers many core subject programs. Its math program provides top quality weekly math practice for free. My son likes it because the practice includes very representative questions for him to grasp almost every math skill. At the same time, he has known some competitive peers from nationwide on Beestar. They often discuss about math questions online. I have been monitoring his math progress on Beestar and Iam happy that his math ability has improved significantly in the past year. Apparently the two sites have helped him a lot. I will definitely let him keep using them in the future.
Adult Written byshreadedg February 18, 2015

LEARNING

worst education website out there

this site is nothing but frustrating im a freshman and my teacher uses this to give me HW first off the examples are hard to follow and dont make sense next off the probleems are not very clear on what to do and last but most important it when ever you know you have the right answer it makes it wrong because you typed it in as they say my advice FIND ANOTHER WEBSITE THIS IS TRASH
Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2015

awesome!!

this website has got to be the best educational website i have ever been on in my whole entire life. If you need help with math and other subjects this is where to go!!
Kid, 9 years old October 31, 2014

LEARNING

Homeschooling, without the books.

The site is amazing. It provides great learning on math, programming and more, ranging from video form to articles to activities, right from the start. You can start from the basics, and as you get better you can go more advanced.
Teen, 15 years old Written byethanolsen October 13, 2014

LEARNING

Why Khan Academy is Awesome.

Khan Academy is a website that was created with the goal of providing awesome, free education to anyone who has access to the internet. It is made up of relatively quick video tutorials, and has a huge amount of information in subjects such as math, biology, chemistry, physics, economics, programming, history, music, and art. In my opinion, Khan Academy more than meets the requirements of an education website. It has accurate information, clear presentation of its information, functionality, an engaging system, and a cool, up to date design. The first and most important requirement that Khan Academy meets is the need for accurate information. Salman Khan, the author of Khan Academy's videos, has multiple degrees in mathematics and science. He is credible. Additionally, Khan Academy is constantly improving. Various experts and PhDs contribute towards improving Khan Academy's content. If an inaccurate video is reported, it is removed from the website and revised. Another great thing about Khan Academy is how it presents its information. Khan's lessons are clear and effectively crafted. His videos are colorful and are reinforced by entertaining illustrations and vivid pictures. Khan himself has a clear and animated voice, rather than a dull and monotonous one, making his videos enjoyable for both younger and older users. Khan Academy also has a useable, functional website. All of Khan Academy’s information is efficiently categorized, organized, and labeled. In addition, Khan Academy has a powerful search engine for finding very distinct topics. These aspects make it a lot easier to take advantage of Khan Academy's great content. One important thing for an education website to have is an engaging system. Khan Academy engages its users by setting goals, giving a unique plan for its users, and giving rewards for successful completion of these goals. Khan Academy rewards its users with points, achievements, and badges. This feature engages both young and old users, giving them incentive and satisfaction. A great feature that really stood out to me about Khan Academy is its colorful, aesthetically pleasing website. When you log on, the first thing that you notice is its up to date, contemporary design and its cool colors. Khan Academy is characterized by simple yet sophisticated art, bright, cheery colors, and neat icons and meters. This aspect makes Khan Academy even more enjoyable to use. In conclusion, I think that Khan academy is an excellent education website like no other. Its accurate information and excellent presentation is tied together with its functionality and beautiful design. Khan Academy is awesome!
Adult Written by 252 October 8, 2014

Its awesome

Far better than IXL. Does a great job teaching skills with videos and lessons, and then putting your knowledge to the test with quizzes and practice.