All member reviews for Kidzworld

Kid, 9 years old April 23, 2010

bad but ok?

people ask for bf/gf but they don't even know the person! people say bad things on here but i don't care!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySmoothie971 August 13, 2010

With restrictions, is fun.

I am thirteen years old, and I think this is a good website for 10+. There is a moderated chat room only up for certain hours, and most of the moderators and friendly and will block somebody for misbehaving. The boards are USUALLY okay, with the exception of some misbehaving kids, but moderators will probably eventually fix them. You can learn a lot from the Brain Candy section and take both personality and general knowledge quizzes, so it's not ALL bad. Overall I would say as long as you don't add strangers and are careful with your information, this site can be fun.
Kid, 10 years old October 20, 2014

Watch an Monoator

There are so many problems with this site.They can ask you if you want to cyber date, and talk innapropiatly, take it from me sometimes they dont catch the swearing in chat!!!!!Dont let kids 14 and under use this if you're not OK with them having something JUST LIKE FACEBOOK!!!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

it is soooooooooooooo Fun!

it is a really cool web stite I am 9 but it is a really good web stite go and see for your self!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolant June 5, 2014

kidzworld review

kidzworld is claimed to be a "safe online kids chat", but in reality it is a very very strict website. the people on the web are nice, but can get very inappropriate. the worst thing i have to say is the people who actually work on that site. they are really bossy and they cant even get in trouble or reported. so over all. avoid this website.
Kid, 10 years old April 11, 2011

Ten and Up!

A lot of sex and puberty advice.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKi-RBT May 4, 2014

Within Reasonable Expectations

This website tries. It really does. However, no system that allows any real expression is perfect, and that is to be expected. The experience varies, I'm sure, and I, personally, have not come across any significant problem in the sense of people swearing, handing out personal information, or talking about certain inappropriate subjects, although I know that it happens. Give it a chance. It at least tries.
Teen, 16 years old Written byZonkers! October 12, 2011

Inside Kidzworld

UPDATED REVIEW : Kidzworld is a good site for teens. I gave it a pause for younger kids & parents should watch younger kids online anyways. If you are surfing with your kids, Kidzworld can be place to learn about the internet & social networking if used with caution. Safety and Kidzworld Hi, I'm Zonkers!, yes that's my Kidzworld username, and I'm one of the Junior Moderators (Jr Mods) there. Some reviews have mentioned safety on KW so my review is going to be mostly about that. SAFETY: To keep KW working and keep you safe while you are there we have four groups of members. ADMINISTRATORS: These are the people that run KW. They do not have a regular schedule, they are online whenever they have work to do or when we ask for help. They come online to watch the site & just because they love the site. They are a great group of people who have built an amazing site for us. They are working harder than ever before & KW is only going to be even more amazing in the future. The longer I work with them, the more I respect them. MODERATORS: This group works on a schedule and each one has their own job to do; approvals or moderating the Chat Room. I won't comment on the Mods because I don't go on Chat so I don't really know the Mods. The only Mod I have really spoken to is Lone Pine, an awesome person worth saying "Hi" too if you can find her. Oh yeah, I do know that the Mods work very hard at KW. I have gotten to meet Honour a few times, a nice guy who almost all the girls on KW have a crush on. JUNIOR MODERATORS: Regular members who are asked to help the Admins on the site. They watch almost every part of the site for problems and report them to the Mods and Admins. REGULAR MEMBERS: There are between 1.6 and 2 million members on Kidzworld and they are almost everywhere all the time so they will almost always find problems before anyone else. All members have the ability to report problems on the site. Many features have a Report button, if you see something that doesn't belong on KW, click the Report button. Most importantly, protect yourself! If someone tries to bully you or do something inappropriate, report them! Don't give out personal info or your password, no website can keep you safe if you do not keep yourself safe. Who or what are Junior Moderators? We are not full Moderators, we have limited authority and abilities, we are the helper elves on Kidzworld. We are all regular members that do our best to watch the site and keep it safe for you. Our reports get priority so if you see something wrong, even if you click the report button, you should let us know. Also if things get out of hand on the boards, we can lock topics to solve the problem. If you have any questions about KW, ask us, we try to help in every way we can. The Jr Mods are an awesome group of people that I am very lucky to be working with. Just comment any Jr Mod that is online, they will all be happy to help you. ONLINE DATING: Someone mentioned this being a problem in a review. Online dating is dangerous and against the rules on KW but some kids do try to do it. If we find anyone trying to e-Date we remove the post and report it to the Admins. KW is very active in warning kids about the dangers of e-dating and preventing it on the site. TEENZWORLD, IS IT? Kidzworld has changed it's policy on age as members grew older and more teens joined but they try to keep it fun and safe for kids. More changes are planned. Sexual content on the boards was becoming a problem so most of those topics were locked to keep the boards kid friendly. Puberty is one of the biggest things for kids and teens to deal with so these subjects are allowed but they are now on boards that younger kids don't usually go on and some of the boards are now age restricted for even more safety. It is important for kids to learn about what is happening to them an be able to discuss it but KW does try to keep it appropriate for it's members. It also has a feature called Dear Dish-It where kids can ask questions and get advice on any problems they are having. ADS: Ad placement is good. Aside from the automatic popup type ads, the ads are usually out of the way and not a problem. FUN: KW has live Chat, Message Boards, Articles, Educational Features, Games, a Role Play section and millions of fantastic members! It's not just fun, it's addictive. With a little common sense and supervision, Kidzworld is safe and a great place for kids. Articles include Special Occasions, Celebrities, Education, Hygiene and much more written in a kid friendly style. With the changes they have made and the changes they have planned it gets more awesome every week. I can really recommend joining this site, I wish I joined sooner. My biggest caution is language. Changes to the rules means you can use language on the site that I'm not allowed to use at home or school & I don't use myself. To be honest, I find the language upsetting. If you have a problem with the language on the site, please complain to the Admins. One member complaining alone doesn't get very far.
Kid, 12 years old May 21, 2011

iffy for tweens

I don't really like this site. Its fun to socialize with people on here, but the people have to much freedom without proper moderation. They can cuss and not get in trouble for it, and they talk about puberty and stuff on there, sometimes evens sex. Its gross.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlphaT November 25, 2014

Kidzworld -Manual for Parents/Kids new to the site

I have been a member of Kidzworld, usually referred to as KW, for over three years. During my time there, I have seen the site evolve into what is today. When I first arrived, Kidzworld was very delicate. The filter was very sensitive, and there were many users that simply should not have been there (including myself, for a time). Since then, however, the site has improved, and now it is at a much better state. Now, before you turn a blind eye to "Kidz Facebook", let me explain how it works and why you should trust it: Kidzworld is a social networking site for kids up until they are 18, and with that, of course, will bring the negative side of things; fake accounts and online predators. But before anyone rejects the notion by that alone, let me say that KW is the best website I have ever seen that balances safety and freedom. I have never encountered an instance of online predators, and in the past year, I have seen none for myself. The Administrators and Moderators keep a tight control over these issues, and if any issue does happen to you/with your child, reporting their profile is a simple way of getting rid of the problem. The next problem I have seen listed is the amount of sex that is talked about. Obviously, teenagers will be teenagers, and there is nothing that can truly stop this entirely. The good thing about Kidzworld is though, is that the filter system that is implemented is a great tool for limiting this problem. Things like sexual conversations and personal info are more than likely to be caught by the filter and converted into hash tags (#) to which no user can see the actual word. Also, the report button is just as well available for these cases. The third and final problem I have seen listed with KW is it's users, and how the suicidal threats as well as cutting conversations are talked about. There are users who speak like this, however unfriending these people and setting your privacy settings to "High" will keep them from commenting you, if you are uncomfortable with their conversations. In Chat, if it is discussed (Which should not be a problem, as Moderators do not allow this) then there is a Block option readily available to you. I created this so that people would not simply turn a blind eye to KW, but really think about the benefits of it and how to avoid its, by very nature, unavoidable but minor problems. Kidzworld has certainly been a haven for me when my life was not going as well, and I have made many friends during my time here that I have created stronger bonds with than some friends in the real world. So, with all of that being said, if you have any concerns about how Kidzworld is not safe, or is not the right choice for you/your child to use as a social media platform, I hope that this could explain a few of the more common problems I have seen directed to the site. Thank You.
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2014

LEARNING

My experience on this site

It is a good site, and I have made many online friends on there. However, you should let your child know his/her boundaries and MODERATE their account. I have seen people doing online dating on there and other stuff that isn't age-appropriate. Just let them know about how to spot a 'red flag' account. (also, I have seen videos uploaded on there with profanity, so be watchful) On the topic of advertisements, the site will shame you somehow if you use AdBlock or something like that. Otherwise, it's a great site.
Kid, 10 years old May 6, 2014

LEARNING

good social media for kids

i think its good
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2014

Fun

I am usually very skeptical of websites like these, but as long as you do not use a profile pic of yourself, make a fake name, and don't give away personal information, you are good! Also, it is very monitored.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2014

alright

i think kids should know this
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2013

Needs Improvement

Well the thing is that people sometimes get past the filter and swear and people send people inappropriate messages about sex but it is ok
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2013

Awsome

You should try it out!
Teen, 14 years old Written byunkn0wn. November 13, 2012

Eh..

Good for kids, great in fact, however more reliable safety measures need to be put in place. I'm a user at the site and do notice a lot of inappropriate language, e-dating, and bullying.
Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2012

LEARNING

Good Website, but still we're teens!

I'm a memeber so I can tell you about it. It's more like Teenzworld. Not because it's content but, the members are mostly 11, 12, and 13. The youngest person I saw was 10. Most of it is a postive messages. Sometimes a member will sneak in curse word but, hey we're a bunch of teens! What do you excepect? Mostly we do have safety and privacy. This a great website! I think that if your a preteen or a teen looking for an awesome website, here on is! It is really a fanatistic and safe website! We have chat, forums, profiles, advice, and more fun stuff! At first I was skeptical I would like..but I love it! This an awesome website! I don't know why other people are saying its a bad site, they're insane! This site is amazing, if you're smart join! If you join, add SunshineBeauty