All member reviews for Kongregate

Kid, 12 years old September 7, 2014

Kongregate

Kongregate is the best website for flash games, and you will find a beautiful variety of quality save games, some even that are also full multiplayer games on certain websites. If you want to play a variety and possibly support smaller devs, here's your chance. Don't go to the forums, they're infested with adults.
Teen, 16 years old Written byWyndcaller March 19, 2014

The cleanest game site I know!

Obviously, with every game site, there are T and even a few worse-rated games, but most games I have seen on this site are E, and E10 at most. I have found some really fun and clean games here, but with every website, use your discretion. Most of the time if a game has something bad in it, it will be fairly obvious due to the titles of the games.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymisskawaii February 7, 2013

LEARNING

Guest Feature.

I'm a kongregate member myself. The chatrooms are normally quite adult themed. Racism and Language are normally R-rated, but censored and the mods are very good. The games are good, and you can read reviews before you play if you are safety concious. I think for younger children, who want to play one of Kongregate's many games, they should use the 'Guest' Feature, which allows them to play all games, just not have a chat account, or earn badges.
Teen, 16 years old Written byChuggaaconroy January 25, 2012

Not a gaming site.

This gaming site is too disappointing in fact I don't even believe I can call it a gaming site more like a social site. Pros -Free games -Your own profile -Tons of games -Games come along with badges for users to get -Perfect place for game developers to start Cons - No rewards for users who have level up (Almost seems like leveling-up is pointless) - Not user friendly - So much profanity (Post up links to music video that contain sexual content or offensive profanity) - Forums are horrible (As well users post offensive profanity as well as a few moderates that I know) - Chat rooms are dead (By dead I mean silent or not too many active users - Some chat rooms need Moderates - Moderates need to do a better job (Some approve inappropriate links that are posted on user's shouts) - Security is an issue (Especially when it comes to kreds that you pay with credit card) -Not a gaming site at all (Most users log in just to chat and not to play games so hardcore gamers will not like this site) - Content and games are created by users (May contain inappropriate things, stolen games from other websites, and just plain horrible) 2/5 stars for this site. I believe that there are many other great free gaming sites on the internet. Most of the games here are bad due to lack controls, story, not enough verity or no game at all. (Perfect example Just Chatting/Trolling has 4 stars and no game at all as well as "Burn The Rope" took me only 30 seconds to play the game). The users are rude and it is not user friendly at all consider I've seen users post inappropriate link or picture and the moderates/admins don't do anything about and just let it slide.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySpartan-B312 October 30, 2011

Not a Gaming site.

To me, I think Kongregate is an okay site. It has over 49,000 free games to choose from and a good start if you want to be a developer. However it feels more of a social site then a gaming site. Most of the users go on just to chat and most chatrooms have a lot of users that are mean, offensive or just use profanity. The moderates in this site also need to do their job better. Most just take the opportunity to gain more friends and not do the job at all. Some ignore the chat, go away for over hours and just ignore it and not help the users out. Since I tend to be a gamer it's not a site for me. I rather stick to playing games on console.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybenandlucy August 26, 2011

Its ok

I 've been going on kongregate ever since i could remember. Yah there is some bad games up there, but thats pretty rare. Most are just fun ol flash games that are very amusing.
Kid, 0 years old February 5, 2011

perfect for everyone over the age of 13

Best vidya gaman website ever. 5/5
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2010

Great Website!!!!

Some games are good, some games are bad. Some people on the fourms make me mad!
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2010

Why kongregate sucks!

violent things = laser guns,burning people corse language = some stuff messages = some stuff Saftey = BANNING DOESN`T WORK! User = A little of violent things on profiles My opinon is it sucks cause my username and me were made fun of.
Kid, 12 years old March 11, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byTortellini December 18, 2009

great for teenagers but probably not much younger.

The games on this site seem fine for teenagers. The site says it's for 13+ and you have to be 13 to sign up but I started using it when I was 12. The only problem I see is the chat rooms which can be a serious concern. I would suggest either using a mostly safe chat room with lots of moderators (such as mostly harmless) or justnot letting your kids use the chat.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHokage4354 October 2, 2009

The features and variety on the site as far as games, community, and options is amazing. Plenty of resources, user-to-user communication, and well-intended games. I suppose some of the games (Appx. 20%) are inappropriate for anybody under the age of 13 (the site requires you to be 13 anyway), as well as the Serious Discussion forums (Which is intended for people mature enough to discuss drugs, religion, ect.), and some messages other users might send you (problems in all social sites). Overall, the site is wonderful, and doesn't expose anything an average 13 year old isn't already exposed to. I mean- if you learn about drugs and sex-ed in grammar school (Around ages 11 and 12), then you should be well aware of it by the age of 13 (middle school.)
Teen, 17 years old Written byExlibrisTraveller July 30, 2009

Good, but not great.

This site is good, for older kids. The profile slant can be definitely addicting, as certain achievements garner "badges". The all consuming hunt for badges is what drives most of the gamers on the site. Also, the chat feature can reveal some good or reasonable character, but it also can lead to kids jauntily sidestepping the profanity filter with the use of periods, spaces, misspellings and dashes. A few games on the site are actually educational, like Globetrotter XL, a geography game that is actually fun, and Notecatcher, which teaches classical music with beats. But some games are violent, featuring zombie shooting, and some use of magic in the role-playing games. However, political games that jab at politicians, and sexually oriented games are never uploaded. The gamers on the site are encouraged to review games, and the uploader/developer will get points for how his game does, which prevents games that are not from being uploaded. Overall? Just be careful about when they get on unless they are at least fourteen. This is the YouTube of flash games, and like YouTube, it can get iffy at times or places. Watch the forums, as well.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDivine_Munchie_99 July 7, 2009

Not very good.

There was a funny page with Chuck Norris stuff, but that's it. There's a dragon game where you end up KILLING your character(the dragon). It made me sad. :(