All member reviews for Marapets

Virtual world low activity; pretty high on safety.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 January 5, 2010

Not good.

The pets are really badly themed and some are killers, vampires and halloween pets. On the forums it is very bad. There is lots of trolling and when you are new you get called names and people talk to you like idiots. Its even bullying/
Teen, 13 years old Written byRre232 January 14, 2010

Great Site With Some Ifyy Things

I for one am a great user of the site, but will admit some stuff on it is iffy. The posts people put aren't always.. Perfect. Because many users have decided to self ban, instead of doing it the proper way, they decided to say some "not-so-nice" things on the forums.
Adult Written bypalmtrees_palmtrees April 5, 2010

Mara vs. Neo?

I looked at other reviews about marapets before eventually joning.As for forum trolling you'll find idiots that will knock you down because of the things you like or the things you do basically everywhere on internet unless you go to a pet site where trolling is banned like petRPG (RPG IS GREAT!!).I personally stoped going on the neopet forums because I was called a few names and harassed here and there.But are the two realy the same? Well,both have fairys exept not even neo's Darkest Fairy or Jhudora go to the point of drunkeness (trash fairy), promoting obesity (obese fairy), or literally killing your pets (decapitation fairy and light fairy).I agree with the person who said you have to accept dark humor to love the site.Maybe even warpy humor.I have both so I find mara enjoyable except the fact you must keep your pet from "dying".And both neo and mara have annoying (VERY ANNOYING!) ads exept mara's can be more "disturbing".And "gold members" are the only ones who can create the "limited edition" pets I believe,maybe I'm wrong. But that doesen't bother me.Too much.I love both neo and mara but both need to say "Vomvoyage" to thier ads.My conclusion is mara is a great site, but only for some.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCharizard632 October 18, 2009

Just Like Newgrounds, only a bit safer

One time I typed in Neopets in google, it said that Marapets is safer than Neopets. I disagree. I fell it isn't safe, and it feels like Newgrounds, a dangerous website. Avoid this site!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybooklover106 November 5, 2009

perfect!!!!!

this site is very cool. i am about 12 and i think (as far as i can see so far) quite safe. i am actually enjoying it. XD
Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2009

I love it

I love this site. I have over 1 million mp too. And NEOPETS COPIED MARAPETS! yes mara is 1 year older than neo
Kid, 10 years old June 5, 2009

Worlds Best Virtual Pets Site

Marapets is a great website! Most people think it is boring but its not its AMAZING! You have to mess with it to find out what you like best. wanna join? go to www.marapets.com/refer.php?id=yelhsaian
Teen, 13 years old Written byalexie July 19, 2009

Great.

It is the very great version of neopets. On the forums however, you are allowed to say some language. Kids under 13 are not allowed on the forums, so that is not a problem.
Teen, 13 years old Written byadjaja May 17, 2009

Okay

Marapets is very fun - if you fit in. There is a group of teenagers that make inside jokes about sex and belittle other members. The use of the words: "h***", "da**", and "c***" are accepted on forums. You can send mail to other people seducing them, being rude to them, etc. You probably will be caught though, but the damage is still done.
Parent of a 3, 12, and 13 year old Written bymolokaicreeper July 20, 2009

Great for adults, ok for teens, not good for kids.

I have been in Marapets since August 2007. Like I mentioned in my rating, I suggest Marapets for individuals over 13 years of age. The gameplay and activities in the site are a lot of fun. And it is easier to play than Neopets. Marapets has a lot of cutesy stuff (true) but the fairies are either all evil, gruesome or lazy, so they don't set good examples for children. I honestly think you need to like dark humor to love this site. With headless pets and mummy pets due to being sacrificed by fairies this is definitely not for kids. It is extremely addictive, specially to adults.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytheperson34 June 5, 2009

Marapets is not 1 star! It is 5 stars!

This review is inaccurate. Obviosly, you just looked at the site for a nanosecond and said, "Let's write the review now!" If you really made a user and played mara it is terrific! The best! Awesome! It says that forums are sometimes inappropriate. WRONG. If a topic is bad, it is taken off immediately. Very fast. It is very entertaining and good, not inappropriate at all. Marapets is great! The staff is nice and the people are friendly! Other pet sites are terrible compared to mara! And it's free, unlike club penguin.
Adult Written bychocolate241 June 5, 2009

This is such a biased report

You've obviously haven't given the site time, or explored it. There is plenty of stuff to do, and plenty of goals to achieve. The forums are a great place to kill time and make new friends. There are staff and Moderators watching the site to ensure there is no crude or inappropriate comments posted. You get the chance to personalise your profile and character, PLUS YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING. They have the Account Upgrade system there for anyone who would like to donate. Its a great site for all ages. I have siblings that are 8 and 10 on there, and they may not be old enough to use the forums or mail other users, but they have plenty of things to do. I also have friends that are 20 on there. Everyone is there to enjoy themselves.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiloub April 24, 2011

Not the best website for kids..

I honeslty think Marapets is not safe at all. It's boring, and most kids won't enjoy Marapets, let alone the fact is costs money to do some things, and drags people to stay to collect points to buy stuff. Any kid under 13 won't enjoy the game, won't see value, and learn stuff that may not be appropiate..
Kid, 9 years old October 27, 2009

The False Bad Things

Pffft. They SAY That Marapets Is Bad, But It Is Not.

hurling: fun or trash?

marapets.com is a fun site, but its ads and filters are unacceptable... This website seems to have not been made for chidren; people under 13 cannot use message boards. The site is fun, but if it was more child safe, it would be much better.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bysuffacate May 7, 2011

Okay, this is 2011. Marapets is a virtual website kinda of like Neopets. You can play games, care for pets, join or make clubs, buy (with real money) Account Upgrades, chat on message boards, restock, trade & auction items, and a lot more things. The only thing you have to watch on there is the message boards, cussing is frequent - I mean frequent. You will see conversations about sex, alcohol, drugs, rape, gays, politics and there is usually a lot of arguments and bashing. Staff and users frequently use cuss words and innuendos. Some words are not permitted, of course, the site is just a little more laid back on rules. A good site, overall.
Kid, 10 years old March 21, 2010

bad for almost all ages

Bad! It's inappropriate especially the advertisments for other sites they show and gave my cousins computer a virus AND mine! Unless you wanna ruin your computer DON'T go on!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycorkiepookie June 13, 2009

I HATE IT!

MY little cousin got laughed at and bullied cause she made up a real bad trade. it was bad for her anyway. i love her very much, and hate to see her hurt!it is meant for all ages but clearly can not live up to it's name. now there i s a decapacitating farire? it's all bloody and can cut your pess heads off! STAY AWAY!
Kid, 11 years old June 25, 2013

MaraSUCK!

Marapets is kinda fun but kind of violent. There are fairies on here, but some of them are weird or scary. Like there is a Obese Fairy :/. There is also a fairy named Guillotine that can chop your pet's head off! Plus, there is a Undying fairy that might be creepy looking to young players. She lays on a wheel and you throw a dagger (small sword) at her! There are also disgusting items in the game, like poop. There are also people with quests to get them items, but if you don't give them the items, they say mean things to you. At Vortex Park, there is a disgusting looking fairy called The Trash Fairy, Don't look at her, you will be grossed out! Plus, on Marapets, you have pets to take care of, if you don't take care of them, they die and go to the graveyard and turn into zombies. UGH! You have been warned!
Teen, 15 years old Written bytamartin1999 January 13, 2015

Look Closer

Looks aren't everything. Wealth isn't everything. This book beautifully portrays that. Just as some of the most unlikely people can become ally's.