Virtual world with digital monsters heavy on transactions.

Parent Written byJeflau January 18, 2011

Good for short periods of fun online for young school age

My kids are 7 and 4 and both love this site. Keep a close eye on what they are doing though. They can send/receive 'notes' from anyone tehy 'friend' online...a good opportunity to teach them about not sharing information online. The games are available for different ability levels. Some are quite challenging for my 4 year old, but she can quickly find somethign to do that is better suited. PROBLEM: Memberships! The new and exciting things available are 'For Members Only" which is very frustrating for the kids. They get to a certain point and are then cut off. Not nice!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byseth8 October 27, 2009
Adult Written byAstrid Griffin Blake August 29, 2015

Its for children

People are saying that people can put up bad language on the pin board but you cant I have never seen a pin board with bad language on! You cant swear there is no violence and the safety is very good! But you can get very bored on the game so I think ages 4 to 15
Kid, 11 years old October 29, 2014

My Moshi Monsters story

I'm 11 and I have got something to say about Moshi Monsters, When I was 8 I used to have a Moshi Monsters account. The game is good and all but I mean, if you're not a member, there isn't that much to do... And then there is the pin board. One day about 3 to 4 months after I'd made my account this random girl sent me a friend request. I accepted cuz I didn't have many friends only 4, and her monster looked friendly enough. Then one day I logged on and I had 87 messages from her!!!!!! In the first couple messages it was just normal "Hey! How's your day going!?" Stuff like that. So I'll tell you 20 of them and you can tell how they get worse. Message 1: Hi! Remember me? You added me a couple of days ago. Message 2: Hi again, just wanted to say, I love your monsters look it's so cute! Message 3: Hello, how is your day going mine is going great! Message 4: Hey, like my monsters new outfit? Message 5: I couldn't help but noticing the red bow for your monster. Red's my fave color. What's yours? Message 6: What's your fave food? Mine is chicken. Baw, baw, baw... Message 7: Hi buddy, what color is your hair? Mine is dark brown and black. Message 8: Hellooooooo Message 9: Hey do you still sleep with a soft toy? I do. Mine is a monkey called Brownie. Message 10: Hi do you have Facebook? Message 11: Snapchat? Message 12: Instagram? Message 13: Twitter? Message 14: Hellooooo do you live in the USA? Message 15: If you do, do you live in Cali? Message 16: What about New York? Message 17: Manhattan? Message 18: My phone numb is 2446998. What's yours? Message 19: Have you started getting pump burt tea yet? Do you have bobs? I do. Message 20: Hi, have you ever had see? If you haven't give me your address and you can fudge with my big brother. :) So then I got confused. I mean, I was 8! I didn't know what sex was and I barely knew what BOOBS where! So I told my mom and she was appalled. I won't be going on MM anytime soon...
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2013

I do not recommend Moshi Monsters for any child, unless they are monitored closely.

Although I have a Moshi Monsters and enjoy it, I would like to warn parents of young children about this website. I may seem a bit like a hypocrite, but I am only trying to help you find a safe, yet entertaining website for your child(ren). Children are constanly harrased to buy a membership to Moshi Monsters which is extremly expensive. Children frequently "break through the filter" of the forum by saying things such as "Only read the capital letters". Children on the forums frequently get into arguments, and occasionly impersonate others. There have been links to websites where your child(ren) may go on camera, and other dangerous things for your child(ren) to be affliated with. People often use the "Only read capital letters" method to swear on the forums, and on "pinboards". Many children on this website lack in spelling and language skills. These children may leave a negative impression on your child(ren)'s language skills. I do not recommend this for any children unless you are closely moniterring your child. I wish you and your child the best of luck in finding a safe but entertaining website for you both to enjoy.
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2012

It's not my favorite but you should still try it out.

Moshi Monsters is cool but alot of the zones you have to pay for with real money. Also on the forums it seems like they don't care what people right because some members write things that are disgusting for kids and tweens.
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2012

Moshi Monsters, A Kid's Game Site!

Moshi Monsters is a really fun game, once you start out. However, I played it at 11, and outgrew it about a month (at the most) into the game. (I'm 12 now) Families and players should be aware of chat. Some areas are free-chat enabled. But, most of the game is pretty cool for a kid!
Kid, 7 years old June 23, 2012

:D

I Love Moshi Monsters Its For 7+ Becuase Well The Puzzles Are Hard Derp.
Kid, 9 years old June 23, 2012

Give It A Chance!!

nicely drawn! I think it's just fine.
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2012

Good website, but lack of privacy

Very fun and simple, but the zommers seem kinda violent, and that isnt very good. Message boards should be only veiw-able by friends, and their should be a private message feature.
Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2012

a+ moshimonsters

i think that moshimonsters is a lovely game but i think your child should be able to write and be able to play mini complicated games that are threw out the game!
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2011

lcda

make sure not to tell anyone you password
Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2011

Awesome

it is good for kids because they learn to take care of pets so while having fun, they learn responsibility. they also need to earn money to be able to buy food, toys and room accessories for their pet. but kids are strongly encouraged to get a paid membership because if they do they get to do things regular members don't get to do. language isn't a problem because you don't get to type in and say things.
Kid, 9 years old October 9, 2011

an amazing site!

very fun but if you don't like open chatting, don't go on the forums.
Kid, 10 years old September 26, 2011

moshi monsters is fantastic for little kids

it is a fantastic game for kids to try out and just look after a virtual pet its fantastic I know it will keep my kids occupied and keep them entertained your kids will love it too!
Kid, 9 years old August 31, 2011

Can be fun but gets annoying when your monster gets sad

This is fun but when I ask some people if they play Moshi Monsters they say they have an account but never play on it because they got really bored and I got a bored as well because my monster is getting really unhappy. It also is not that fun because if you are saving up for something that is really special in a shop that costs so many 'Rox' you end up having to buy food for your monster wich is really annoying. And also once you've given your monster a name you can't change it. I don't like the name of my monster but I can't change it. And also the only way you can earn Rox is by playing brain games. You can earn Rox by playing games but you can only earn arond 1 to 5 Rox. The other problem is that if you're not a member you can only have 2 moshlings(pets your monster can have)and some moshlings are for members. Another problem is that there is chat. You can put up messages on a friends pinboard and when I look on some of the pinboards I see bad messages and mean things people are saying. So if you want to have an account you should first think about if you want to spend your weekend on the computer or you could be doing something more better for your body.
Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2011

Educational website!

It teaches you how to take care of a pet. It's awesome!
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2011

Moshi is Good, But for over 8's ONLY

I am twelve years old and i have been playing on moshi monsters since i was about 10. I really liked it, and i still do, but once i had this annoying boy keep posting swear words to me and most of my friends. I think it is good if you need education as one of the only ways you earn lots of rox is the daily puzzle and that has educational problems in it. It has lots of positive messages such as bullies are bad, said in super moshi missions (have to be a member) and others. I but languege in beacause you can post free messages on your pinboard. I put the money one too. This is deffinatly the worst thing about it, you have to be a member to do nearlly EVERYTHING! To get cute moshlings, change your colour and lots, lots, LOTS more!! It is sooooo Annoying!
Kid, 10 years old July 17, 2011

good for all ages!

really fun website!
Kid, 9 years old June 6, 2011

Great!

This website is good. It has many games, and it is pretty safe. They have a forum, too! Common Sense Media is right when they said forums can get friendly to fiesty. It doesn't appear often on Moshi Monsters, though.