All member reviews for MoshiMonsters

Take care of creatures and learn a little in virtual world.

Learning(i)

Kid, 9 years old January 8, 2012

Much safer than other virtual worlds

Compared to other virtual worlds, such as Club Penguin, this is really a very safe website for kids. There is the odd burst of cyberbullying and online dating, but this is actually very rare. I would recommend this to anyone who has children 7+ !
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2011

lcda

make sure not to tell anyone you password
Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2011

Awesome

it is good for kids because they learn to take care of pets so while having fun, they learn responsibility. they also need to earn money to be able to buy food, toys and room accessories for their pet. but kids are strongly encouraged to get a paid membership because if they do they get to do things regular members don't get to do. language isn't a problem because you don't get to type in and say things.
Kid, 9 years old October 9, 2011

an amazing site!

very fun but if you don't like open chatting, don't go on the forums.
Kid, 10 years old September 26, 2011

moshi monsters is fantastic for little kids

it is a fantastic game for kids to try out and just look after a virtual pet its fantastic I know it will keep my kids occupied and keep them entertained your kids will love it too!
Teen, 14 years old Written byOKK September 17, 2011

OK

too much inter course
Kid, 9 years old August 31, 2011

Can be fun but gets annoying when your monster gets sad

This is fun but when I ask some people if they play Moshi Monsters they say they have an account but never play on it because they got really bored and I got a bored as well because my monster is getting really unhappy. It also is not that fun because if you are saving up for something that is really special in a shop that costs so many 'Rox' you end up having to buy food for your monster wich is really annoying. And also once you've given your monster a name you can't change it. I don't like the name of my monster but I can't change it. And also the only way you can earn Rox is by playing brain games. You can earn Rox by playing games but you can only earn arond 1 to 5 Rox. The other problem is that if you're not a member you can only have 2 moshlings(pets your monster can have)and some moshlings are for members. Another problem is that there is chat. You can put up messages on a friends pinboard and when I look on some of the pinboards I see bad messages and mean things people are saying. So if you want to have an account you should first think about if you want to spend your weekend on the computer or you could be doing something more better for your body.
Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2011

Educational website!

It teaches you how to take care of a pet. It's awesome!
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2011

Moshi is Good, But for over 8's ONLY

I am twelve years old and i have been playing on moshi monsters since i was about 10. I really liked it, and i still do, but once i had this annoying boy keep posting swear words to me and most of my friends. I think it is good if you need education as one of the only ways you earn lots of rox is the daily puzzle and that has educational problems in it. It has lots of positive messages such as bullies are bad, said in super moshi missions (have to be a member) and others. I but languege in beacause you can post free messages on your pinboard. I put the money one too. This is deffinatly the worst thing about it, you have to be a member to do nearlly EVERYTHING! To get cute moshlings, change your colour and lots, lots, LOTS more!! It is sooooo Annoying!
Written byAnonymous July 29, 2011

Not a good site for kids.

I know what the feed back to this review will be like, but this place is a clique girl playground. Once, my friend got on, and she was bamboozled by threats, cuss words, and inappropriate conversations. All of it was started by a person, on a forum, spreading rumors about this poor girl. The fight ended horribly, and more then one person left with a bad reputation who hadn't come with one. All in all, be super careful.
Kid, 10 years old July 17, 2011

good for all ages!

really fun website!
Parent of a 7 year old Written bysesob June 25, 2011

Fun for Kids 7+

My daughter and her friends use this site. The only problem I have with it, is that my daughter can "friend" anyone she wants, without knowing who they are. They can then communicate by posting messages. As long as you know who your kids are talking to, then this site is really fun.
Kid, 9 years old June 6, 2011

Great!

This website is good. It has many games, and it is pretty safe. They have a forum, too! Common Sense Media is right when they said forums can get friendly to fiesty. It doesn't appear often on Moshi Monsters, though.
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2011

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old April 23, 2011

Good for ages 9,10,11,12,and13,but not younger

I think it is educational for all ages, it's just that I think kids ages 4 or 5 and other small ages will take the opportunity to play and get kicked out of the site without parents permission or viewing.You know kids.
Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2011

You can report!

You can report msg and users. It's great! I have accounts for all of my relatives! It's safe! And VERY fun!
Adult Written bysongsparrow December 20, 2010

Parents, keep a close eye on what your children are sharing here.

The following part of the Common Sense Media review is inaccurate or outdated: "The limited social networking features allow kids to send free form messages only to friends whose email addresses they already know, and to send prescripted messages to others who they approve to be their friends." Kids can send unlimited messages to their friends on their pinboards, including friends they've met in the game and do not know offline, and often seem to share personal information that they shouldn't (name, school, location). Therefore, I recommend that parents keep a close eye on what their children are sharing. It's a good opportunity to set, and explain, rules about what it is and is not appropriate to share online.
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2010

Sometimes nasty, but overall...A HIT

On this website, users can adopt their own virtual pet monster and look after it. From first glance, it may look like another Webkinz, but you can play brain training games (sometimes easy, sometimes VERY difficult!) There are forums on this site as well. Since the filter isn't as good as the average, bad language can sometimes slip through. so it's best if kids of at least 10 go on them. But overall, the site itself is good for kids.
Kid, 12 years old August 20, 2010

I love it!!!!!

I'm twelve I love to play on this site I mean it truly has everything positive messages and educational value. It does has a filter system but a lot of kids can find a way to get around it so be very careful who they befriend.
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2010

I'm a member and i am level 54 i have been on for 2 years.I think some little kids mite get scared by the zombie monster tho