All member reviews for New Moon Girls Online

Dynamo site for girls has priorities right.

Learning

Teen, 17 years old Written byMega129 March 19, 2010

Safe Online Empowerment for Girls!

:) Awesome! My only concerns are language (ex. Oh my God) and periods, young sex, etc, etc,. Other than that, it's a safe, fun world that allows you to express creativity and chat with people like you!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDabryle April 30, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byPotterheadWhovian104 October 15, 2014

Perfection.

I'm on the girls editorial board for this website/magazine and I love it so much. The message boards are completely moderated, but full of interesting discussions. You can get a lot of helpful advice from other girls and if you have questions about puberty, I guarantee you that they will be answered on New Moon. Perfect for tween and young teen girls.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bymcale October 1, 2010

A great place for tween girls

My 11 year old daughter has had a subscription to this magazine/website for a year, and I also bought a subscription for her school library. It is a girl-produced piece of media, all carefully monitored by adults. My daughter likes to use the chat rooms - which are not live interactions, but moderated - and through that has found e-pals who are math crazy and diabetic, both characteristics of my daughter. She has also contributed to discussions about what it is like to have chronic medical conditions, which has given her a sense of empowerment in that she is helping to educate her peers. I give it a complete thumbs up. My only criticism of the magazine would be that it is a bit thin on content sometimes, though my daughter seems happy enough; and there is plenty going on through the website. A great place to send your tween girls if you want to avoid the sexualization/celebrity nonsense in other girls' mags.
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2009
i like it
Adult Written byCheeseOl June 25, 2014

My son loves this too!

He receives this magazine too he's a big fan by the way the website is fun for him he's chatting with other girls he wanted me to review these magazines
Teen, 13 years old Written bytemtem November 22, 2013

BY:CHEMEILLE WARBURTON

I THINK IT WOULD BE A EXCELLENT IDEA
Educator and Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byeleenmartin June 23, 2013

Great!

I love it, my daughter loves it. It us absolutely safe for girls
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2012
LEARNING

New Moon-something for every girl.

Hi, I am on the editorial board for New Moon Girls. I love it. There's something for every girl here. It's fully moderated and safe for any girl to use, so no bad content appears on the site if moderators see it. I love new moon girls!
Kid, 8 years old March 24, 2011

my newspaper

i love tis website but how do u do the photo
Kid, 9 years old November 23, 2010
love it!
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2010

The Absolutely Perfect Website!

I LIVE for this website! It's an amazing, safe, online community for girls. I feel so safe on New Moon, and I've made so many great friends. On the message boards I know that girls feel the same way about things that I do, and even if they don't, we're able to have a respectful debate about something. I can post videos, photos, stories, poetry, etc. in My Stuff, and girls can comment and tell me what they think. You can participate in chats with other girls and authors. There are games to play, and it's also educational! You can talk about famous women, and things that empower girls. You're encouraged to use your voice and have your place in the world. New Moon is the perfect place for ANY girl, and I'm so happy that I'm a member.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybat3151 March 23, 2010

Fun and Safe

I'm a new moon girl, and I'm on the editorial board! They have moderators, who are GEB parents, so PARENTS get to choose what goes on the site! Nothing inappropriate or rude gets through. It's fun, and great for girls to share work, and interact. 5 stars.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byKristennel February 16, 2010

Great site for responsible pre-teen girls

Great website for pre-teen girls. Good, safe site for an introduction to on-line interaction with other girls. Kids can communicate with other children on-line, so parents should definitely monitor. But so far, we've found it to be a great resource.
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byWrigbe January 10, 2010

Great for girls aged 8 years or more

In a world awash in consumerism and negative stereotypes for girls, New Moon Girls is an oasis. It gives age appropriate information on a whole range of issues as well as a range of positive role models for girls. And the best thing is that the kids actually like it!
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2009

AWESOME!!!!!

I love this site! Sometimes some slightly mature topics (sex) come up in the message boards though.... otherwise O.K.