All parent member reviews for New Moon Girls Online

Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bymcale October 1, 2010

A great place for tween girls

My 11 year old daughter has had a subscription to this magazine/website for a year, and I also bought a subscription for her school library. It is a girl-produced piece of media, all carefully monitored by adults. My daughter likes to use the chat rooms - which are not live interactions, but moderated - and through that has found e-pals who are math crazy and diabetic, both characteristics of my daughter. She has also contributed to discussions about what it is like to have chronic medical conditions, which has given her a sense of empowerment in that she is helping to educate her peers. I give it a complete thumbs up. My only criticism of the magazine would be that it is a bit thin on content sometimes, though my daughter seems happy enough; and there is plenty going on through the website. A great place to send your tween girls if you want to avoid the sexualization/celebrity nonsense in other girls' mags.
Adult Written byCheeseOl June 25, 2014
LEARNING

My son loves this too!

He receives this magazine too he's a big fan by the way the website is fun for him he's chatting with other girls he wanted me to review these magazines
Educator and Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byeleenmartin June 23, 2013

Great!

I love it, my daughter loves it. It us absolutely safe for girls
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byKristennel February 16, 2010

Great site for responsible pre-teen girls

Great website for pre-teen girls. Good, safe site for an introduction to on-line interaction with other girls. Kids can communicate with other children on-line, so parents should definitely monitor. But so far, we've found it to be a great resource.
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byWrigbe January 10, 2010

Great for girls aged 8 years or more

In a world awash in consumerism and negative stereotypes for girls, New Moon Girls is an oasis. It gives age appropriate information on a whole range of issues as well as a range of positive role models for girls. And the best thing is that the kids actually like it!