Parent reviews for Omegle

Anonymous chat site created by teen is too risky for kids.

Adult Written byKill E. December 28, 2016

Good

I'm cool

Adult Written byOiz_wz_here July 28, 2018

Uuugr

I think it’d great

Adult Written byKANDANG A. January 3, 2017

indonesia

wahyu

Adult Written byMay N September 14, 2016

PARENTS AND CHILDREN BEWARE OF THIS PEDOPHILE- RIDDEN SITE!!!

My innocent 11 year old went on this awful site as her friends recommended it as a fun site to chat with random people. Within minutes of chatting with another similar aged girl, she was interrupted by the opportunity to talk to 'an interested stranger' so agreed(thinking it would have been another child). However, it was not!!! My horrified daughter, now crying, told me a young man in his late teens to early twenties had proceeded to flash his genitals at her(he was on webcam, thankfully she was not). This site is full of perverts/pedophiles with sick/twisted minds who are preying on young vulnerable children!!!! Definitely not a site for children, or anyone in their right-mind to go on!! There must be safer ways to chat with people....

Adult Written bySosa A. August 30, 2016

Adult Written byAngel R. November 16, 2016
Adult Written byharvey j. November 15, 2016
Adult Written byJack S. September 2, 2016
Adult Written byM&M1995 July 28, 2014

Omegle is a parent's worst nightmare.

Omegle is an anonymous chat site which allows you to speak to complete strangers. Sound unsafe and sketchy? It should. This sort of anonymity makes it easy for bullies and predators to interact with other Omegle users. Although you decide whether or not you want to give out your personal information in chat, there are plenty of risks associated with this site. First off, chats are not guaranteed to be confidential. There is an option to save the conversation to your computer or phone, and potentially share it on the Internet without the other person's knowledge. Also, you can't be sure that what the other person is telling you is authentic, or if they are who they claim to be. Many chats begin with "hey asl" (age, sex, location) which becomes redundant and is often used as way to get sex chat from a conversation partner. There is also a question mode option which allows users to ask a question and two strangers get to discuss it. It has potential of being interesting and thought-provoking, but of course, most Omegle users (who are in their teens for that matter) do not even ask questions. Instead, they just promote their kik or Skype usernames, or put forth sexually explicit or racist messages. Finally, there is video chat, which is littered with men pleasuring themselves on webcam. Parents, block this site if you have young children. You wouldn't want them accessing this. The site clearly states that if someone is under 18 they need parental permission to use Omegle, but let's be real here: how many people will actually tell their parents they are chatting with strangers online? If you are AT LEAST 16 years old and decide to try it out, remember to use it responsibly.

Adult Written byAlexei March 24, 2014

omegle alternative

In fact, try to chat at http://omegle.tv/ As I understood, there is a team of moderators that makes for greater purity for chat users.

Adult Written byHellwyck March 10, 2014

What I think of Omegle

Basically, I have taken to writing my own review of this site. I've tried to clean it up as best I can but Omegle is so that you can't help to let a few f-bombs (as "der kidz" say) loose. OMEGLE: WHY YOU SHOULDN'T GO NEAR IT Omegle is billed as an anonymous chat site and is populated with some of the idiotic and illiterate parasites this world has had the displeasure to set eyes upon. There is no formal log on needed and there appears to be several unwritten rules to chatting on the site: 1. Anyone intelligent and literateis instantly deemed stupid and anyone who is fluent in "wot u lukin @" text speak is deemed a god amonst literature. 2. Even tho' everyone who uses the site knows it's "anonymous", they still insist on asking for people's age and gender before they will even say "hello". No-one seems to realise the irrelevance of asking for something with no proof and no use in a conversation. 3. 99% of the site is populated by men, straight men it seems but they all assume that they're talking to a female hence the "M/F" or "ASL" or "swap nudz plz"... They will almost certainly argue with you when tell them you're male to the point that you're automatically homosexual, even if they're the ones doing the age/gender crap. 4. If you're literate and polite, you're female and if you're obnoxious and illiterate, you're a man... Well, that's what's the norm on Omegle, people will assume you're female (or homosexual) if you refuse to be one of the normal loud, lairy parasites who just come for sex chat. 5. No matter what level of intelligence the person will claim to have, their Geography is crap. i. They won't know what country the English are from ii. If they're american, they'll claim to be english because it's their language. Just as an aside, there does seem to be a number of "bots" (robots programmed to act like humans) and they are embarrassingly more illiterate than the actual idiots using the site.

Adult Written bytheonlybman May 5, 2012

Futurechoes better than Omegle

Omegle is definitely not for kids, most people on there aren't looking for anything that a child should be a part of. Futurechoes-Oasis is probably a better alternative for kids, just because of the fact that certain words are blocked about a bit to discourage vulgar language. However, I would use it with caution for now because it is new, but it is getting better every day, and I've heard the creators are determined to make it kid friendly.

Adult Written bydoctor13 September 25, 2018

Adult Written byElvio lador August 4, 2018
Adult Written byDomitilo June 29, 2018

Just fine

I think îs fine because Theo know what are Theo doing
Parent of an infant year old Written byKarina K. June 10, 2018