Parent reviews for Omegle

Anonymous chat site created by teen is too risky for kids.

Adult Written byodeh1991 April 20, 2016
Adult Written bypaytonbeebe2015... October 27, 2015

its awsome

its awsome and very very cool

Parent of a 12 year old Written byKariH 1 October 18, 2015

Very Inappropriate Site!!

My daughter and her friend went on this site and were immediately confronted with old men doing very Inappropriate things. They were naked and doing unmentionable things. The girls have been traumatized and the police have been called and are dissecting the laptop to try and get more info. Sites like this should be completely banned. What the hell is wrong with people!

Parent of a 15 year old Written byNeen March 20, 2015

A pedophile's playground

As a mom and professional therapist, I see no reason why anyone, child or adult, would want to talk to complete strangers unless they were looking for sexual content or had some serious pathology. when I discovered my 15 year old had downloaded this app, I also discovered two men who had solicited her for her kik and snap chat info. Why any parent would allow their child to have this app, speaks volumes to their inability to set limits. This is an open invitation for pedophiles and sexual predators.
Adult Written byWoo13 January 15, 2015

Ew... No and Ew.

This website is literally a trap for under aged girls. 99.9% of men on here are creeps who want to pollute the innocence of teens. All they do is flash their parts. Teens find something better do, stick with snapchat, facebook or whatever common social media. Just know that talking to strangers is always a risk. Someone can easily track your IP address from you connecting to their webcam and get your location. Then what would happen if this person shows up to your house? Nope. find another way to have fun b/c this is not it. Parents block this

Parent of a 8 and 14 year old Written byMoonheart February 16, 2014

Parent Written byMokus B January 16, 2014

Block this site

Our daughter was asked to take pictures of herself in her favorite clothes and told that she would get "points" if she did. That was a huge red flag!! So glad we caught things before it got out of hand.

Parent of a 6, 15, 15, and 17 year old Written by79awesome August 29, 2013

gross site

My first ten minutes on this site I saw a topless women and a penis.

Parent Written bysmom2trips July 8, 2013

Random videos of Naked

Since Omegle has added video, you're now in the territory of Chat Roulette. Which means, expect your next random chat person to be a naked stranger. And usually, the image doesn't include a face. Add in that there is no registration required or age verification, and this is a very dangerous area for kids to enter (or adults, really). This is now known as the area to come to for random "hook-ups" be it virtual or in reality.

Adult Written byThe Lads May 18, 2013

New Chatroullette, worse servers.

What an absolute peice of crap, half of the time it freezes after 20 seconds of speaking to someone and the other half of the time is full of Turkish guys with there sweaty male reproductive organs out (Pedo's). It used to be fairly okay, now it's awful. Peice of advice Omegle, FIX YOUR SERVERS!!!

Adult Written byAbs88 August 20, 2012

Omegle is good only for mature and sensible adults

i have chatted on omegle numerous times. i like the clean interface, and sometimes come across real good people. good for chatting some time, although may get addictive for some. Some users use abusive words, racial and personal comments for no reason at all. Seems like many boys and men ar out there looking for people of opp sex , and some have ill intentions. Would not recommend for anyone below 18, preferably even older unless with good sense of maturity. Block access by activating child lock/ screening

Adult Written byArty August 9, 2012

The Safety Of Omegle and Its age limit.

With Omegle it can sometimes be way to easy to get carried away with the fact it CAN be completely anonymous. I believe that Omegle is too risky for younger teens as they could get too involved with the person on the other end. Omegle is not a great website as it encourages unsafe internet habits such as giving out too much information either on purpose or by accident. Omegal can be made safe by safe internet habits. With omegal a stranger is really a complete stranger there's no indication of gender and age What ever the stranger tells you, you have no way of proving things such as age and gender.

Adult Written byshirleyrox123 July 11, 2012

Omegle- Where fun turns to dangerous..

As a young adult, I know what can happen to someone who isn't aware of the dangers of virtual chatrooms such as Omegle. Sexual predators are everywhere, especially on these types of websites, and after having done a short experiment, I have come to the conclusion that over 75% of the chats end up with someone asking you for either your Facebook or "Kik" username- a new texting messenger, and sadly, many times it is tempting for a person to give such information out. Overall, I can conclude that this website has no purpose, but I can admit that it is a fun/funny way to burn some time when I am bored and a good way to get to know some different type of people around the world. It is not a website I would like my kids go on.
Adult Written byr10623 June 15, 2012

NOT FOR KIDS !

dang, i tried the video and saw a guy masturbating ! definitely ain't for kids !!! even worse than that russian roulette web-site ! fortunately i had my camera blacked out

Adult Written byufosjt March 24, 2012

Very iffy.

I enjoy the website at times, but it is still inappropriate for younger teens. Chat is more appropriate, but can still be bad. They can mention things about sex toys, masturbation, and other sexual things. They can also swear like crazy and talk about violent things like killing themselves or killing others with guns, etc. On video, it's a BIG risk. You can meet a friendly person who you become a friend with, or you can see a man pleasuring himself in front of his webcam. Its a 95% chance you'll see the man pleasuring himself. There is also "trolls" on Omegle who show scary pictures on them doing drugs like snorting cocaine, smoking marijuana, and more. This site is a big thing. THINK before you let you kids on it.

Adult Written bytraaaaaaaaaaaaa February 5, 2012

disgusting site and dangerous

just found out my daughter who is 11 and two of her friends were told to go on this site to make new friends......they clicked the video link and a dirty old ethnic man asked to see there boobs and started masterbating on webcam to them,,the girls closed the laptop and turned it off....yes they have been well and truely told off and warned of site like this...this site was to very easy to get onto with no warning ...in my view it should be shut down or rules and profiles collected

Adult Written byMadriad February 2, 2012

NOT kid friendly

please don't let your kids on here!!! 8 out of 10 times there will be something entirely inappropriate.

Adult Written bysamlex22 December 27, 2011

Very bad site!!

This site should be removed, very, very unsafe. My 10 year old daughter was being asked to show her privates by strange men and they are able to expose themselves to young children.

Adult Written byTaylor Marie October 25, 2011

Good, for the most part.

I personally love this site, though for boys the temptation to click the links that some girls give out to promise them a 'good time' might be to strong. This is a secular site, so inappropriate language is often used. As far as privacy goes, it is great. The website never requires you give a name. Though most chats begin with "asl" which stands for Age Sex Location.

Adult Written byreadersarea October 24, 2011

Omegle-Talk to strangers

Omegle is fun when u just wanna make some new friends.. but it is really addictive .. readersarea ( a website for readers)