All member reviews for OurWorld

Kid, 10 years old January 8, 2014

Very Good Website

Some language,though they're are 2 types of chat: One for children 13 and up,and one for children under 13 years old. Another problem is membership.
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Great potential, bad players, and poor restrictions.

I joined this game when I was 10 years old. This game is great, but the players need to respect it. However, the game does nothing about the bad players. My little sister and I had to report the same players many times and its just frustrating. Members also have to pay outrageous payments just to have a good time without being called a noob. There's also many inappropriate events where players like to take others to their "condos" for "secs". It's just gross and not for kids and teens to be doing! Parents, monitor your kids if you allow them to join this site! I finally quit and haven't played it for about 8 months or so.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwingalaxies November 29, 2013

Hmm.

Good for older kids. I've seen a few people be in their own groups, I haven't played much but..yeah. As I said, MUCH MUCH better for older kids. I don't suggest making young/preteens on it. Monitor. As I said. I haven't seen much, so this review is a bit short. You are allowed to curse, but they put it in stars. SO. yeah. Really cool game though! Awesome, great game, with cool customization. Sorry for any grammatical errors/punctuation errors.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhappy hawaiian October 1, 2013

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!

this game is GREAT!! I
Kid, 11 years old September 9, 2013

Review

It's a fine game since I played at my age of 8 I could tell that THERE is ALWAYS a way to avoid getting dangerous. 1.Don't start a war with anyone. 2.Don't make them be jealous with your gears, etc. 3.Be positive with them.
Kid, 11 years old September 7, 2013

Its Good!

Its safe and it won Parents Choice awards. You cannot have sex or you will be banned and they have a filter, so you cannot curse or share info. Its really nice. I am 11 and I played if for a few months.
Teen, 15 years old Written byConsequences August 20, 2013

13+

I think parents with a child under the age of 13, should supervise things on this site. But if your child is 13+, I think you should give them the freedom of imagination, of course after talking to them about not sharing emails, pictures, etc. A child deserves some freedom in life, but not before learning proper precautions ahead of time. Other than that, I do believe ourWorld is great, and I do have fun on it when I use it. I hope this helped[:
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkyJewelDiamond August 9, 2013

Fine.. for tweens.

OurWorld is most likely aimed at older kids, or at least, tweens. Kids or teens who like "cool" stuff and swag, yeah sure, join OurWorld. You can get really cool outfits and all that, you might even get addicted. As for the problems most of you encountered, it's easy to deal with that. If you're a parent, just be sure to teach your kids about online safety. That's all.
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2013

It's OK if your mature...

I like to play on Ourworld, but sometimes I'll see people cussing or being inappropriate but I don't see that too often... So I think it's ok if you don't give away any personal information and if your fairly mature but after your on or pass about level 12 or 13 people suddenly think they can totally rule you or do whatever they want too but ... and they have virtual dating and stuff like that as part of the website... I usually try not to get into that so I guess it just depends on how mature the person is
Kid, 9 years old July 20, 2013

NOT FOR KIDS!!!!

don't ever go on this site my friend talked me into it and i did for a while but the girls and boys show to much skin and they can walk in public naked and people kiss and maybe it is ok for 15 and up but not for kids plus there is bad language everywere and we got a monthly mebership and they never let us stop it and we are still paying for it that is totally not cool and some people say stuff like i am smocking or i am drinking plus i have herd people say let hook up cal me on my cell number in a privite place come on if this is what you call a good website knock your selves out but not me i am sticking to safe websites like jumpstart or pixiehollow
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2013

It's a bit unsecure.

I don't think this is a good site. Why? Couple reasons. 1) Now that events can be held at condos, there's not telling what they actually do there. Some kids on the site have events that involve dating and sex, which makes me uncomfortable. They have sex thru the chats. It feels unsecure to me. 2) Some cyberbullying in the making. Kids call some of the other players "noobs" They even boot you out of places. Very mean. Some players call each other bad words. They always seem to find a way thru the filters. There needs to be more moderators. 3)sexual content. Some of the boys and girls dress up in revealing outfits and "have sex" at there condos. just inappropriate. Girls even fight about bfs. People call each other bad words and this is not ok. 4)people are just mean! People call each other names, Kick people out of fun events, and send mean messages. Its just inappropriate. OurWorld needs to fix this problems with the filters and language. There shouldn't be any booting unless there is cyber bullying going on. People miss out on fun events because they are so called "noobs" I got kicked out of an event just cause i was late, but i said i was coming back. OurWorld players need to be more kind and considerate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byamy924 July 2, 2013

not a good game

this game sucks the characters boot u for no reason they use bad words and they bully and they talk about sex too
Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2013

NOT FOR KIDS!!!!

When my friend and I were in 3rd grade, my friend got an OURWORLD account. One day after school, she and I went online. This boy came up to her and asked if she wanted to go to his condo. She said yes. Then he suggested that they should undress and have " secks." We didn't even know what that was. This website is definitely NOT for kids under 13 YRS
Kid, 11 years old May 24, 2013

Ourworld community

I love this website. I think it's so safe, with parental controls and a really strong filter. Some people say that there is 'sex' but haven't noticed any and I've been playing for a year, but you could get a 'boyfriend' or even get married, which there is an option on your ourworld profile, but you cant really do anything with them . There is a strong filter so no one swears but some people try to. Even though there is a membership, they have no rich people. I actually feel rich going on here because most kids on here come from less wealthy households. There is no way to take drugs or anything! There is some violence in public places because you are able to change colors of the room and 'burn' someone. Sometimes people use it to play tag or other times to get people mad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyX April 9, 2013

OurWorld.

I have been playing this game for over 2 years, and throughout that time I have come across a lot of 'bad' language, although there is a filter to stop people from saying certain things, players have found a way to get through the filter. On another note, it's a great game to make new friends and develop your social skills, as well as your money skills as it is based around that. There are hundreds of mini games you can also play within the game, as well as walking around ourWorld, which has 8 islands. It's safe to play, as you can change the communication settings and you also have the option to block players, so they cannot see you or talk to you. You have a profile on ourWorld- which you can also change the settings to private, only friends, or public. OurWorld can easily keep your child entertained for hours on end, without having to pay a penny. You can enter contests, go to events, go shopping, have a job such as working in Cake Mania or Flo's Diner, talking to people, vote at the catwalk as well as all of the minigames provided. Paying the $50 a year gives your child a status of being a 'resident'. Once you are a resident you are allowed to visit the beach, sell things in the Marketplace, have a larger condo and get 150 gems a month, (you can also earn gems without being a resident). It makes the game easier for the child, as they can buy the items they wish without having to save up as much. OurWorld also sells residency passes within the game for gems which you can earn without paying anything. If your child is under 12, I recommend that parents should keep an eye on the child, as there can be some vile language, and a bit of violence. Overall, I recommend this game for any age as long as parents are viewing the computer, it's great for developing skills and making friends.
Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2013

Maybie good for 11+

I have a account and play on it a lot. VERY disappointing. There are virtual sex request constantly and people cussing
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2013

It's better to play if you are 12 and older

I think that if you trust your kid and you know he or she is old enough to play this site you should let them. I am 12 and i'm gonna be 13 in october, i play this site and i know what is right or wrong. You just have to say no when you have to.
Kid, 10 years old March 12, 2013

Its great! o_o

This website is GREAT! It teaches me a lot of things and i have really cool friends i can talk to other people aswell! xD I really dont get what is wrong with it accept for the bullying and thee swearing o_o
Teen, 14 years old Written byJust Random March 11, 2013

ourWorld is inappropriate for children and tweens

At one point in my short life, I use to play ourWorld. Sooner, I realized what a danger ourWorld can be. Everyone in my school would talk about it, and it soon spread like a virus. Now, everyone plays it. When I would play it, people would talk about sexual things. ourWorld does not have any inappropriate virtual actions except for one. In ourWorld, as you level up, you get a certain set of actions. At one point in the game, you unlock and action called Genie. The Genie is an action that from a certain point of view is sexual in many ways. In ourWorld, everyone has the ability to side, and what some people do is that they sit down and another person, commonly a female, stands in front of the person and turns around as if the person sitting down is looking at their rear. Then, the person standing up does the action Genie, as f they were giving the person a lap dance or something sexual. This is another form of sex on ourWorld. Mostly, what people do is that they talk sexual things out loud, which can be uncomfortable for your player at various times. They also say racist and very bad remarks to new players, mostly the people talking are experienced players. People can also put a parenthesis around something they are typing in as if to to a sexual action. ourWorld has a filter for bad words, but people find a way around it. Instead of saying F*ck (excuse for the cussing), they say things like Feck or Fawk. Players can host events were your child can get virtually drunk. The ourWorld team robs you of your money when you give you credit card number to purchase gems, a faster in-game currency. In April 2013, they are giving an update where you can marry you boyfriend or girlfriend by giving them a ring. Now would you want you 10 year old to get married at the age they are in? The game is very competitive based on who looks the best, and at most points can get addicting. I do not recommend this game for children or tweens without supervision.
Teen, 15 years old Written byClarissaIsMex3 March 4, 2013

Parents should know...

I am Clarissa, and this is my review. I prefer saying the bad things before good things; creating a mystery. I'm just like that... I've played since 2009, and I can NOT get off. I get on every day and I can't stop myself. I have noticed that for: Consumerism... Ourworld basically drags people into buying items. Like, kids would only really want to buy "Residency" or "Zoe's Club", because they can get gems and buy stuff. I just recommend buying things with coins, it won't hurt you... Another thing is the language. A** has a way to get over (for 13+ people) by adding more than two s's, d*mn is available to be said, and people usually say things like fluck to get around curse words. For safety and privacy... People can't send links, numbers, etc.... But, people can share a number by using "stars" (*), so like for each number they put the amount of starts for the number. Some of my friends indeed do know my number, but I ended up getting caught by my dad from texting my friend Lexi from the internet, sooo... I learned to stop doing that, and just use the game as a chat room. Another issue would be dating. People date a lot, and so they virtually "kiss". It's wrong and innapropriate. It's a game, guys! Not Twilight... I think this would be for around 12 year olds and up. I am personally from Estonia, but people sometimes when people are dating, they're like: "I will meet you one day", and then you know they won't, but you do this cute little "AWWW" and act stupid. People need to know, this game was meant for fun. Not meant for drama and... Moments. -Clarissa(; (It's my signature)