All member reviews for OurWorld

Adult Written bymantt July 26, 2009

Be Careful!

When I started hearing this website being spoken about a lot among the kids I'm surrounded with, like my younger cousins and little sister, I asked them what it was all about. Of course, being kids they failed to provide me with the important details. So i went on myself and created an account and everything. Trying to figure how everything worked out, I was approached by another player and was asked to go over to his condo, after telling me I was cute. Out of curiosity, i went. Upon arrival at his condo, he suggested taking off our clothes and having "secks." I think this website is very much like a chat room and shouldn't be allowed for younger children. They make communication as easy as text messages. So if your child isn't mature yet...think again about letting them on this site.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEvonyflyer November 8, 2010

I love this website it is wonderful and great! You can make lots of friends and make profiles, which is fun. This website doesn't allow you to share too much personal information either.
Adult Written byBaleyx September 10, 2011

It's the users not the game.

I've been playing this game for a long time, before gems came into play. I would say any website with chat, avatars or anything of that nature are never safe for kids. Because anyone can play them and some people enjoy ruining things for others. When "hearts" were created I had a side account just so people would stop asking out of the blue. It was suppose to be something serious and the immaturity of the players was ridiculous. Girls claiming they were cheated on and would openly chat about suicide, That's when you know they take the game too far. The second issue I found was the levels, once kids reached a certain level they became arrogant and rude, I always found the term noob rude and senseless, everyone was new at some point. Higher levels always bashing new players for being "ugly" because they have starter outfits or clothes that didn't cost gems, or simply making fun of them for asking a question about the game. Then gifting, with it's constant begging, and some kids trying to scam new players, into buying them gems or something of the sort. I could log on and will find someone I don't know commenting me to give them a gift. It gets to a point where you don't even want to leave your profile open to all players, for anyone could message and comment spamming about gifts, or my next issue. Kids who try to talk or display sexual actions.Being naked means getting down to undergarments. But people will use their imagination and do dance moves to interpret sex. OW did block a lot of terms from being used but you can say anything if you know how to get around it. Lastly, anyone can play it. But if your kid wants to make an account you better hope they're mature and know the difference between real life and the internet. It is not the games fault that a variety of ages play this, and it's certainly not their fault when users want to misbehave and act rude or crude. So there really isn't a way to shelter your kids from anything, this happens everywhere.
Adult Written byinzesz clarence March 31, 2012

its cool and educational

its educational games
Teen, 14 years old Written byHelenMagicMushroom September 4, 2011

Please, before you think of this review as another "stupid person who plays ourWorld" review- read it. It might just talk some sense into you.

Okay. Okay. For those of you who have played ourWorld and rated it one star, tell me why you came all this way to come a review on a reviewing website? Is it because something so terrible happened to you that you just had the urge to warn people about it? Because, that's great. But honestly, have you actually thought about the other reasons to play? Good reasons: For one, it's a brilliant social website. I have met so many people who are so lovely, and so nice to talk to. It's brought up my confidence a lot. At first I was afraid that if I said something I would be dumped on by other people. It's taught me that I can have my own say, and listen to other people's views too. It's taught me that not everyone is fair, and you are the one who has to make it fair. On the money side, it's taught me to be patient and not spend all my money in one go. It's taught me to save, and that will be incredibly useful in later life. It's also showed me that not everyone in the world are sweet and kind. Obviously you get 25 year olds playing on there to be rude to children, but that's taught me to stick up for myself and others around me. It's showed that I need to keep in consideration that not everyone on the internet is trustworthy, and that I should keep to myself should inappropriate matters arise. My punctuation has improved drastically. At first, when I joined, I spok lyk dis, but now I use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. Now, I think that's pretty useful. It teaches you to be independent and dedicated. Say, if you're playing a game, you want to be at the top. You want to be the best. It shows you to push yourself. Bad reasons: Items are expensive. Therefore, you buy more gems. But honestly, this is a brilliant money-making scheme. It's addictive. A lot of people spend their time on here rather than seeing their friends, or doing other important things. So, those are my reasons why I think ourWorld is NOT a waste of time. I think it's good for some social networking through an internet site where you can feel good about yourself. Like a cool-off session after a hard, stressful day. I hope you take my reasons into consideration. -
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 May 30, 2010

The imagination, the sex!

A lot of the clothing is bikinis. Also, there is some sex talk on there by other online users. I use this website a lot and its so much fun! Sometimes, I feel that people learn how to use their imagination.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bypucca203 May 1, 2010

snakes are demon

i hate snake
Teen, 14 years old Written bydanibabe June 29, 2009

I am a member on ourworld and i think the sex rate is very high people go to there condos and have virtual sex through the chat systems the foul language used is easily worked around you can say bad words by subsatuting different letters in but the sex content is very high and i am a memeber to ourworld
Parent Written byConcerned Parent 1 July 28, 2012

PARENTS BEWARE

The game states that children under 13 cannot chat without parental changes. that is not true. We logged onto our 10 year old daughters account to a "boy" saying "Hey baby". When we talked to the person "overseeing" this game - they barely understood English, did not argue with the privacy/chat issue and had no explaination other than telling us to delete her account. That does not solve the problem for other children with possible voyerism on this child website. NOT SAFE & SECURE FOR CHILDREN: THIS IS LIKE A DATING SERVICE FOR PRETEENS AND WHO KNOWS WHO IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT COMPUTER
Parent Written bySHAY13 June 23, 2011

BEWARE PEDOPHILES PLAY THIS GAME

well we caught our 11 year old getting texted messages from a guy that played the game with her and it was all sexual talk, we are having the texts traced. it a open hand for pedophiles KEEP YOUR KIDS AWAY FROM THIS KIND OF CRAP!!!!!
Adult Written byourworldisafraud April 9, 2008

ourworld is a fraud

Be careful when you sign up. We signed up for one month only but they will keep taking money out of your acount monthly until you cancelled. Today they have taken the monthly $5.99 out of my account 8 times so far and every hour they are taking another $5.99 from my account. There is no way to contact them the telephone number is from another country. When I send an e-mail it is sent back to me.
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2012

LEARNING

Safer

I Like it! Obsesesed but i would want to umm..make changes to be safer on the internet, because grown men try to contact girls all the time on the site. but i block them. Just want it to be safer for younger 1s on the site.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2010

O.K

Ummm.....i like this website but it can lag and get annoying...some people talk about sex and it can be uncomfortable
Adult Written byimjoyia May 20, 2010

love our world cause it has fun games.and great people and it is a safe place for kids to come play.
Parent Written byMom of 2 in Ohio January 22, 2012

Keep your kids away!

Someone talking to my daughter sent her a youtube link telling her to check out the cool video. She thought it was something to do with Taylor Swift because that is what she deems cool. It was a link to a video titled "How to have Sex at School." That was the last straw for us and this sight has been banned. I have been keeping an eye out when she is on this site because of an uneasy feeling I have had about it. You have to watch a lot of ads also to do anything on the site unless you pay a membership fee. Also I had parental controls set on the site and that did not matter because the link was still able to get through it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCupcakes12346253 August 5, 2011

My Review

Well, ourworld is inappropriate for kids. I played it, and I got addicted. I spent a lot of my time on it, and I now realize that it's just a waste of my time, and totally inappropriate. I mean, some people are just, well, disgusting. I can't believe they can live with themselves. It is just a horrible horrible horrible website. There is also foul language ( which is also why you shouldn't play this). You can't say the bad words as itself, but people have a way around it. And, people have these events and some people have a bar when people become drunk and such and so more inappropriate things. Ok, I began thinking, I will not have a boyfriend on here. But ourworld, makes you so addicted, that you don't even realize your doing something WAY bad. I mean, Ourworld is just NOT made for kids. If your a kid and you play this, watch out. You become obsessed and more. So, Please please please please! Do not let your child play ourworld, without your supervision. Ourworld is totally bad bad bad bad bad. I played it for at least a month, and I loved it. I read all the reviews, then I was starting to well, write this review about this such nonsense that Ourworld LETS happen. I mean, If i had a website, i'd make sure people are not aloud to say any of these words, or say like secs or something. My point is, ourworld is just a bad thing for kids. WARNING: IF YOU PLAY OURWORLD AND ARE UNDER 15, PLEASE DO NOT PLAY AGAIN. You have to be a mature 14 year old or a 15 year old to play. THIS STUFF ON OURWORLD IS BAD. I used to have no idea of bad words. now i know like all of them ( just by playing for a month). SO LISTEN UP. DO NOT PLAY UNLESS YOU ARE A MATURE 14 YEAR OLD OR A 15 YEAR OLD. IF YOUNGER HAVE AN ADULT SUPERVISE YOUR DOING.
Kid, 8 years old February 9, 2011

IT IS NOT FOR ANYONE!!!!

I HATE THIS WEBSITE!!!! on Halloween people were dressed bad and speaking of dressing bad... boys can almost be naked and girls can too boys can get out of there shoes,pants,and shirts and girls can get out of there pants,shirt,and shoes and people can walk around that way! before i knew about commonsense I played that IT IS NOT FOR ANYONE!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2011

its ok for tweens

Ok, I love it! BUT! the thing is u can give hearts, write a bio, and who knows what kind of words you can 'transforme'? Oh, and did you notice that if you buy 100 gems it cost 6 $, if you buy 600 gems it cost 20 $? Isn't there any problem there? 6 x 3 = 18, = 300 gems? What do you think?
Parent Written byrealmomrealreview June 7, 2014

TRASH

My under 12 daughter got hooked on this game for a few weeks. I had bad feelings about it from the beginning for obvious reasons such as the ability to chat with strangers. OK, you can "friend" people but they are strangers as you have NO IDEA who is on the other end. We had a long talk about internet safety, etc. and she loved the site so much I allowed her to play for a limited amount of time each day. I won't go into all the negative aspects but the last straw was when I opened my laptop to the game (as she hadn't logged off after her last play session) and some EXTREMELY disturbing videos were on the screen that she was asked to watch in order to earn gems. The audio playing was about the glory of being a mass murderer. Other videos to choose from displayed pictures of dismembered bodies, guns, etc. I immediately talked with my daughter about things she had observed while playing, etc. I then explained why she will not be playing this game anymore and blocked it from our computers. What sick individuals run this game? From what I've read on other reviews, they are out of the country and I can just imagine who is behind all of this. Are our children being brainwashed? It's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility. In fact, I believe that's exactly what someone is attempting to do. Since I'm on the topic of "conspiracy theories", I will just say that any review on here from a supposed "parent" who is glorifying the site and giving it 5 stars has got to be a fake review. Steer clear of this game, parents. It is complete trash.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byMrs. Wodetski September 11, 2013

ourWorld - A great website for my daughter to enjoy her self!

Hello, I am Isabella - Mother of Cassidy. I have recently just tried ourWorld myself. I made my way up to level 23, and I am completely enjoying the game! I went into my daughter's room to find her playing ourWorld; which I've never seen her playing before. She was decorating her 'condo', with her female avatar... So I decided to give it a try! I talked to a few people my age, which I am 29, and I got to get a ton of coins to buy items for my character from the 'Super Store' and the 'Market Place'! You spend your flow, and you can sell all of the items you have won to get coins. I love to decorate my condo, creating new styles for my character, and exchanging my items for other items! It's a great way for my child to bond, because she was just under a lot of stress lately with school and show choir, and she ended up making good friends through the internet, and her happiness had started building up again, which I appreciate very much. I know there may be some cases of cyber-sex but every kid should use their right mind so they know not to do it. I really hope this helped, because I find this game amazing!