All member reviews for Pandora Internet Radio

Build your own radio stations, but beware mature content.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMiranda B. January 16, 2011

Contains songs for all ages and music genres.

Every time I get on the computer I log on to Pandora to listen to my favorite music (I'm even listening right now! Ha ha!). Their is everything from Eminem to Disney Songs. You can easily change your settings to block songs with explicit content if you have young children or just don't want to hear it. Even though the site only gives an allotted 40 hours a month, a payment can be made for unlimited music as well as none of the annoying adds every few songs, or when you change stations.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 September 11, 2009

Personalized Radio

I use Pandora all the time, it's very useful for discovering new bands and singers.
Kid, 11 years old January 16, 2010
awsome i think my pastor recomened it once
Teen, 14 years old Written byLizzieWynne May 22, 2011

Helpful for music discovery, but use caution.

Pandora is a wonderful way to discover new music, and can be completely tailored to one's music tastes. As soon as you create an account, however, be sure to turn on the explicit content filter (I found this out the hard way). I normally look up the lyrics to the songs before I listen to them now, and skip the iffy ones since the filter does not block everything.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 April 3, 2011

Great radio station; can be innapropriate

I prefer picking my old music as opposed to a radio station, but, when it comes to that and discovering new gems, Pandora is a great radio app. It does a good job discovering the kind of music you like and finding artists who are similar to said music. Depending on the song you hear, it could include sexual/drug references, profane, and/or violence. So it's probably a good idea to go onto Pandora with you kids so you know what they're listening to, because it could be as innocent as a Disney song or as dirty as a 50 Cent song.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMockingjay333 March 5, 2013

Nice way to listen to music

I prefer Grooveshark, but Pandora is fantastic when you don't have a specific song you want to listen too. You can also filter profanity in your songs, so that's great. But you see a LOT, and I mean a LOT of swear words from other users. Though they filter the swear words, you can still tell what they are. But I love this site, it's great!
Kid, 9 years old September 4, 2010

A radio station that plays your favorites.

Great radio station that plays ONLY your favorites, no annoying talk shows, commercials, etc. I'd recommend this to anyone.
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2014

No age restrictions. No excplicit content. mostly music.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2012

It seems pretty good.

My teacher uses this site in class every day. I think she has the "clean" option on, but we heard the f-word in Taio Cruz's "Dynamite" once. But most other things were clean.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatherineLovesJake August 13, 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

amazing site, helped me discover Basshunter.
Adult Written byBlaine V. September 1, 2016

Are you still there

I listen to the internet radio at work I'm at my desk 8 hour or more. I absolutely hate the fact that every 10-15 minutes this thing stops playing to ask if I'm still listing. Either play music or get off the internet and let the real radio stations do their job. No other radio apparatus will stop to ask you questions.
Adult Written byJasmineF 1 January 22, 2015

They got rid of lyrics to songs

WHY WOULD YOU GET RID OF THIS!??!?!?!?!?
Adult Written byroseh1 November 8, 2014

Christmas

I just want pandora to know that piano/string versions of pop songs are NOT Christmas nor will EVER be. They are pop not XMAS. Thanks.
Kid, 10 years old October 6, 2013

Wow!

Great site! You can block explicit stuff. If you make a innapropriate station, it tells you THIS CHANNEL IS EXPLICIT and deletes it. I have 53 stations.
Kid, 10 years old July 30, 2013

Good program for music

Well I feel that common sense is wrong to make the age 13. I always listen to pandora while I'm playing games and its a perfectly fine program if you use it responsibly. P.S. Im listening to pandora right now
Parent Written byArt Valla July 16, 2013

Pandora promotes racial bigotry and hatred.

I was listening to my normal shuffle which includes some bluegrass. One of the songs that came on was "Run, N1gger, Run" by the Virginia Mountain Boys. EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE. If this is an example of Pandora's choice of music, it isn't fit for adults or children
Teen, 15 years old Written byeddie r December 25, 2012

childhood protection

This is an ok radio for kids to go on. I would say the youngest would be 11. the parents need to make the judgment if there child is appropriate/matured enough to listen to these kinds of things. if you want them to listen to music and they are young or not matured then either have them show you who or what they are listening to. you could also have them take out the head phones and have the parent listen to make sure it's appropriate for there age group.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire December 11, 2012

This is for Viewers 12+

This is Off for 10 and under, Pause for 11, and On for 12+
Parent of a 12 and 12 year old Written byResponibleParentOf2 August 30, 2012

NEEDS TO BE MORE EDUCATIONAL AND THEN I WILL LET MY KIDS USE IT. UNTIL THEN, THIS TRASH IS OFF.

Not good for kids, since it's entertaining and not super educational.
Adult Written bybasbel October 9, 2011

watch out!!!!

It depends the music that you are listing to if you listen to something that is not right then, yes, there can be anything watch out!!!