All parent member reviews for PBSKids.org

Parent Written byvolleyball_girly13 June 17, 2015

LEARNING

Odd Squad needs to go!

My children are now 12 & 13 and they like to watch PBS Kids at their grandparents house during the summer. Recently PBS has made a new show called 'Odd Squad' to I guess, replace 'Word Girl.' My kids loved that show (Word Girl)because it helped them with their vocabulary and they love the ridiculous villians in it. But now they can't watch it because they have replaced it with 'Odd Squad' and my children absolutely dislike that show and suggest that PBS take it off immediately or as soon as possible and put 'Word Girl' back on. My children love just about all the other shows like 'Dinasour Train', 'Curious George', 'Arthur', & 'Wild Kratts'. If you can, could you guys maybe switch 'Odd Squad' to air at a different time and put 'Word Girl' back on. That would mean the world to them. Thank you!
Parent of a 2 and 7 year old Written bySuper Mommy 1980 June 28, 2012

LEARNING

PBS Kids.org

This is a great website for kids under 6. My 7 yr. old finds it boring, but my 2 yr. old loves it!! Watch out for ads though.
Parent Written bydhara November 8, 2011

Parent Written byDark post October 15, 2011

Cool Guy

I think it's good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 3 and 4 year old Written bylaribrook April 26, 2011

Wonderful Educational site for 4+

My son loves the pbskids.org website (plus we watch a lot of PBS shows since we don't have cable tv). He has been able to play them for a while now, since before he could read at all. The games are easy to figure out for a child who is good with the computer. While I never leave him alone on the computer at all, this site is great for being able to be on the other side of the room, at least -- no large ads, no distractions along the sides and bottom of the screen.. the two biggest annoyances with this website is that PBS kids PLAY is featured and you have to pay for it, so he complains about it (we did the trial and it was fun, but not worth the $$ considering how much phone apps cost). Also, the music on the games is usually annoying - and you can't turn it off. If he needs to pause his game or leave it for a while, you cannot turn off the sound w/out turning your computer volume off. So he has to finish his game before he quits so that i can use the computer later. Otherwise, a great educational website for preschool and up!
Parent of a 3 year old Written bycamron i holmes January 2, 2011

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byluvi garcia March 19, 2010

it is perfect to childrens 2 years old and plus.

i love it , because these programs are educationals .also my childrens love it and i feel comfortable with those programs.
Parent of a 5 and 5 year old Written bytwinmamaontwitter July 30, 2009

Good games for preschoolers

My twin sons have loved the PBS Kids website since they were 3 years old (they are now 5). They enjoy playing the games and I enjoy that I don't need to read instructions aloud every time a new page loads (most games tend to have a character voice telling the viewer how to play a game). The characters on the games are familiar to my sons, as they are from shows on PBS Kids that they enjoy. We have made PBSKids.org the home page on our kids' computer, in large part because this site is not covered with advertisements to toy stores or non-site vendors, unlike other kids-centric sites.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymlrice July 26, 2009

My daughter loves this site and would play the games all day if aloud.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Adult Written bycoffee531 April 9, 2008

Wonderful Educational Website

My daughter has been playing on PBSkids.org since she was 3 years old. She is now 5 and still it's one of her favorite sites. Every game on this site is educational! This is also my favorite website for her to play on. I highly recommend it.
Adult Written byinternationalparent April 9, 2008

Cute site with well known characters

I think PBS did a good job there of providing free games for children as young as 2. Seems to me the ones above 6 may be a little bored. No risk of any bad influences here at all!