Island-hopping adventure is hours of safe fun, but with ads.

Kid, 9 years old March 11, 2011

LOVE IT

i have 1 account
Parent of a 4 year old Written byabuela April 9, 2008

I don't like it!

I lost six brain cells watching this, it is not easy to follow and I think it doesn't teach something valuable to children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolHero December 28, 2016

A Promising Game

The game is a very promising one with excellent graphics, great storyline and fun challenges. It is also a game worth playing and very appropriate. However, sometimes the challenges are extremely hard. For example, in the Spy Island, reaching to the top of places without being zapped, chased or thrown proves to be very difficult. Wish there was a longer timer on these things. Overall, great game and very strategic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmmylee101 December 28, 2016

Challenging and Witty, Fun and Has Underlying Education

Poptropica is an incredibly smart game and there truly is nothing like it online. It's been running for more then 9 years, and hasn't stopped keeping it's high quality and improving once. I started playing it in about third or maybe even second grade, it was a large fad at the time as it likely is now. Although I struggled to complete an island, I loved it to death. It's definitely not blunt, but this game is educational in a way that it practices creative thinking and being strategic as much as it challenges the mind. You're almost forced to think outside of the box in some islands, and some of the themes for these islands are crazy amazing. Mythology Island essentially taught me about some of the Greek mythological Gods, for example. I say 8+ mainly because of how challenging these islands are. Heck, it took me until now (I'm 13) to understand how to complete some of these islands. But now they label how difficult an island is, and as the game improves, they're adding sound and a wider screen for some islands (previously there was a large lack of sound and music because the creator wanted quick loading time for kids) and the music sounds wonderful. I want to rave about this game for paragraphs and paragraphs because it's just so incredibly fun and smart for what it is. And it definitely helps that the main creator for the game was Jeff Kinney, the famed author of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. It never, ever asks for any personal information; as far as it goes with that is asking for your age, gender (so it can generate your character correctly) and optionally it may ask for a parent's (or your) email for if you forget your password. You aren't allowed to freely speak, so overall this has the safety guidelines of Club Penguin, which is okay considering that talking to other players in the community isn't the main idea of this game. The main idea is to challenge you and to cause kids to think outside the box. -- Which I think is awesome.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLiam2017 October 27, 2016

Poptripica

I think I want to install
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byShopkins1230 October 22, 2016

I love Poptropica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Poptropica! I used to play it every day at school but now my school blocked it and now I only play it at home every once in a while. My avatar is called Red Lizard. I even recommended this site to almost all my friends!
Parent Written byJulia M. September 6, 2016

Great Problem-Solving Game!

Me and my kids BOTH love this game. You go to an "island" for example Wild West Island, Early Poptropica Island, Willy Wonka etc. You have to use your logic and critical thinking skills to solve the problem and earn a medallion in the end. If you get stuck, there are websites out there dedicated to helping you get through. You can go to your "home" island to socialize with other players. Kids can use prescripted conversation starter questions like "Do you like cats or dogs better?", so they can't say anything inappropriate. Players can also compete in simple games or friend each other. Now, back to the islands. There is only mild peril and nothing scary. Sometimes there are ads that are "disguised" as parts of the game and go as far as even having special rooms and prizes that are themed to the movie or product. Besides the mild peril and ads, this is a great game that encourages thinking, and I highly recommend.
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2016

Great site

This website is educational, fun, and COPPA certified to be safe. It has ads, but that is the only negative thing. One of my favorite websites ever! It is also educational because it teaches things about history, science and just about everything. Please let your child use this site.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjoshua anthony soreo August 28, 2016

poptropica is the best game ever

poptropica is good learning and is also fun to play but this game is my #2 favorite this game can not replaced my number 1 favorite minecraft story mode untill poptropica makes a hard poptropica island to play i like hard islands most islands might be to hard for kids and they might get mad but just know it is just a game i would sugest for first time players of poptropica to start with the island that was made for new players monkey wrench island to bad home island is no longer playable cluse that was also good learning i would give it all stars if us poptropica players could play all the islands with out membership
Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2016

Great

With a first impression, this game appears to be a blunt kids game. But once an adult tries Astro Knights Island without a walkthrough all that changes in an instant. So... this is a game about hopping from island to island looking for new adventures. They are all intelligently crafted and some can pose a real challenge to all audiences. You have to read instead of listen to characters speaking, and the older islands have no music but those are minor drawbacks. A fun, challenging and safe place which can take up hours upon hours of your time if it's your sort of thing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHappyLeopard July 31, 2016

It's really fun!

I used to play this game all the time, but now it's lacking in new content. I have played every single island, for i have been playing since i was in 2nd grade. I remember when there used to be new islands out all the time, but now there are barely any. Another problem i find with this game is the pressure put on the player to buy membership. I understand that they need to have money, but restricting access to once free islands and gold cards is extremely frustrating. Now for some positives about this game. I really love how you can safely communicate with others in common rooms. I have seen many games ruined by the chat system, but this is child friendly. I also like the customization. This game overall is great, but they should stop focusing on merchandise and money and start adding new things to the game!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAfriasiaabc July 20, 2016

Great for Sneaking Some Education!

I've been playing this game since the fifth grade and have absolutely loved it! Some of the islands are quite hard for younger children, even me! If you or your child get stuck on an island I recommend that you check out the YouTube channel, ThinkNoodles, he has walkthroughs of every available island and his earlier Poptropica videos have little to no commentary, but the commentary in his later videos is fine for children. Some islands, like Reality TV and Poptropolis Games have mini-games that the player must win to complete the island.
Teen, 17 years old Written byrealityislame June 15, 2016

Tad Disappointing

My sister and I have loved playing Poptropica for many years. However, when I tried playing it again, after a year of not playing, I was disappointed. Before, you could play almost every island without a membership, making it fun to play without trying to convince your parents to pay for a membership. Although, the memberships aren't that expensive, you can't play some of the basic islands. Quite disappointing because I would rather not pay for some of the easier islands.
Teen, 17 years old Written byEnthusiasticNaps May 25, 2016

Still Pretty Good

I started playing this when I was about 8 years old and it was one of my favorite games. I recently came back to it and I still love it. It's a great problem solving game and boredom reliever.
Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2016

Poptropica! ^_^

Poptropica is a really fun game that helps make your be used brain more and I think this helps us in real life to be better at thinking "outside the box". Though the game maybe frustrating at times to figure something out, but with some time and effort it can be solved. Overall I think this is a great game! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byRistarFTW February 7, 2015

it's good

I've been on poptropica since 2010. It's Fun. I wanna beat all islands though.
Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2014

Very good, but hard to figure out

I love this game. It's very fun, but sometimes hard to beat. How it works is there is a bunch of islands, and on each island there are quests and mini-games. The only problem is that whenever the characters talk they're not talking, it's speech bubbles. And the speech bubbles move really fast. So, unless you can read fast, don't play on your own. Otherwise, have fun.
Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2014
Teen, 16 years old Written byelectric ella July 11, 2014

Fun and Fairly Educational

Poptropica is really good fun. I played it right at the beginning when there were only a few islands, but since I'm now to old for it, I entertain my cousins with it! Of course, it is mainly just for entertainment, but it does encourage skills of talking to people and thinking through situations. It also has confusing puzzles for people to solve in order to continue with the game. With the educational side, some of the islands are set in particular time periods, or have informative content. For example, Time Tangled Island gives kids a chance to see a little about the beliefs and lifestyle of different famous people throughout history. Virus Hunter island gives kids a look at basic human biology, and Counterfeit Island shows you how forgeries in painting are discovered, and how art thefts are dealt with. Overall, I'd say it is good for kids, but parents should make sure they have other hobbies too, because poptropica can take up a lot of time.
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2014