All member reviews for Poptropica

Island-hopping adventure is hours of safe fun, but with ads.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHappyLeopard July 31, 2016

It's really fun!

I used to play this game all the time, but now it's lacking in new content. I have played every single island, for i have been playing since i was in 2nd grade. I remember when there used to be new islands out all the time, but now there are barely any. Another problem i find with this game is the pressure put on the player to buy membership. I understand that they need to have money, but restricting access to once free islands and gold cards is extremely frustrating. Now for some positives about this game. I really love how you can safely communicate with others in common rooms. I have seen many games ruined by the chat system, but this is child friendly. I also like the customization. This game overall is great, but they should stop focusing on merchandise and money and start adding new things to the game!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAfriasiaabc July 20, 2016

Great for Sneaking Some Education!

I've been playing this game since the fifth grade and have absolutely loved it! Some of the islands are quite hard for younger children, even me! If you or your child get stuck on an island I recommend that you check out the YouTube channel, ThinkNoodles, he has walkthroughs of every available island and his earlier Poptropica videos have little to no commentary, but the commentary in his later videos is fine for children. Some islands, like Reality TV and Poptropolis Games have mini-games that the player must win to complete the island.
Teen, 17 years old Written byrealityislame June 15, 2016

Tad Disappointing

My sister and I have loved playing Poptropica for many years. However, when I tried playing it again, after a year of not playing, I was disappointed. Before, you could play almost every island without a membership, making it fun to play without trying to convince your parents to pay for a membership. Although, the memberships aren't that expensive, you can't play some of the basic islands. Quite disappointing because I would rather not pay for some of the easier islands.
Teen, 17 years old Written byEnthusiasticNaps May 25, 2016

Still Pretty Good

I started playing this when I was about 8 years old and it was one of my favorite games. I recently came back to it and I still love it. It's a great problem solving game and boredom reliever.
Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2016

Poptropica! ^_^

Poptropica is a really fun game that helps make your be used brain more and I think this helps us in real life to be better at thinking "outside the box". Though the game maybe frustrating at times to figure something out, but with some time and effort it can be solved. Overall I think this is a great game! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byRistarFTW February 7, 2015

it's good

I've been on poptropica since 2010. It's Fun. I wanna beat all islands though.
Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2014

Very good, but hard to figure out

I love this game. It's very fun, but sometimes hard to beat. How it works is there is a bunch of islands, and on each island there are quests and mini-games. The only problem is that whenever the characters talk they're not talking, it's speech bubbles. And the speech bubbles move really fast. So, unless you can read fast, don't play on your own. Otherwise, have fun.
Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2014
Teen, 16 years old Written byelectric ella July 11, 2014

Fun and Fairly Educational

Poptropica is really good fun. I played it right at the beginning when there were only a few islands, but since I'm now to old for it, I entertain my cousins with it! Of course, it is mainly just for entertainment, but it does encourage skills of talking to people and thinking through situations. It also has confusing puzzles for people to solve in order to continue with the game. With the educational side, some of the islands are set in particular time periods, or have informative content. For example, Time Tangled Island gives kids a chance to see a little about the beliefs and lifestyle of different famous people throughout history. Virus Hunter island gives kids a look at basic human biology, and Counterfeit Island shows you how forgeries in painting are discovered, and how art thefts are dealt with. Overall, I'd say it is good for kids, but parents should make sure they have other hobbies too, because poptropica can take up a lot of time.
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2014

schools

Love much
Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2014

Pop-Awesomeness!

The reason I rated this for 8-year olds is because of how hard the islands are to solve. It is a great to chat to other players and no hurt feelings.On the contrary, like they said the ads are annoying but you get a reward if you walk inside there building. the chat is scripted and you can customize the other persons oufit so u could not make fun of there clothes even if they did not have that sort of chat. Overall it is VERY addicting and fantastic! Note:if having trouble solving a islands go on poptropicahelp.net (the website is fine, just don't go on their chat.)
Teen, 14 years old Written byMaskavenger April 15, 2014

Now that's a fun game!

I would say that poptropica is all-in-all a great game. It sometimes teaches you a few things in some of the islands that you might not have known. Here's one that i found: The vikings worshiped Norse gods, like Thor. It works the mind by giving it's players mysteries to solve and puzzles to complete. It also gives them a good sense of judgement, in my opinion. ______________________ The only thing I have to say bad about it, is that now a-days you only get 50 credits (The game's currency) every time you beat an island They used to give you 100. The costume are usually around 75 credits, so you need to defeat 2 islands for one costume! And 3 islands for 2 costumes! (You get 50 for one island and 50 for the other, so that's 100. You subtract 75 from that for a costume and you have 25 left. Then you add 50 more for beating another island and buy your 2nd costume for 75. Now you have no credits left.) Another bad thing about it is if you stop playing on your account for over 6 months, they will delete you account, unless you bought membership or credits. I also recall one time poptropica giving me a virus on my computer from the ads and cookies on it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLilydog945 March 23, 2014

Excellent Website For People Of All Ages!

There's adventures, learning, and there's nothing at all inappropriate about this website. I've been playing since I was a little girl, and I was very satisfied even then. I highly recommend this for everyone!
Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2014

Poptropica is cool!

I have been going on that website since I was 9 years old
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2014

I've been playing Poptropica at times when I only get bored, even though I hated the new Membership system.:l

Poptropica is a puzzle solving and comical game where you play as your own personalized character. I liked it when I was at the age of five and did not have any Membership issues until later on. This game is great for children who want to solve puzzles and play games with friends. However, when they added the new Membership system which limited many options for players and it's true that everyone needs money, but children will become more spoiled when they get their way to become a Member. So, this game is okay to me.
Kid, 10 years old December 29, 2013

Horrible and difficult game

Boring. Its educational, but has WAY too many adds.
Kid, 9 years old November 28, 2013

the poptropica craze

it is awesome
Kid, 11 years old November 17, 2013

Poptropica's Fine, but I fear this may happen: Read Below

It delivers a positive experience for some kids, as they will find it fun, but not being able to complete a certain island will get them upset, while the new poptropica friends has you be able to friend people, and it has topics that show how you are like and your personality. I think this is a great game, but I fear some questions may reveal if you are a girl or a boy, but what I REALLY fear is that someone may get on and make a personality quiz that tells you how old you really are.
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2013

Certified fresh

OMG!!! ITS A HAPPY DAY :D
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2013

Safe, but boring.

I played it when I was around 8. It is a very safe website with prescripted chat. But it does get a little boring, and the adventures were a little confusing. If you friend someone, it does not mean you're also on their list, and you can't chat with them. All you can really do is check out their profile and swap clothing.