All member reviews for Poptropica

Island-hopping adventure is hours of safe fun, but with ads.

Learning(i)

Kid, 9 years old June 29, 2012

Awesome!

This is a great website for kids but there's some violence in every island. Also in Wimpy Wonderland there's a usage of runt. But I recommend this website for 6 year olds
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2012

POPTROPICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think that those people that gave poptropica one star reviews are very messed up and should accually TRY to beat some of the islands. im only 11 and i have beat 14 islands. when i get on the computer i check my facebook then i get on poptropica. i stay on poptropica for like 4 hours after homework because it is so addicting. BUT i dont appreciate the member benefits. there are some cheats though so that nonmembers can get member items; early poptropica; the tower things; the green one; top left window sixth; click it. i hope that helped by the way. poptropica is a cool little website that i really love.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysummer1145 June 21, 2012

this game sucks not for learning...
Kid, 10 years old June 5, 2012

Good......

When i Was younger about 8 i used to love to play Poptropica it is a kid friendly website and i went to an after school program and they allowed us to play Poptropica
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaitieG May 27, 2012

Children may have trouble

I think Poptropica is a fun game that can be very hard at times. The site gives the player lots of challenges and most of them are hard to complete for younger children. Poptropica also requires lots of thinking and problems solving that small children may not have the skills to finish.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 18, 2012

Perfect website!

I go on Poptropica EVERYDAY! The challenges are really cool and the characters I play as are epic (in fact,they're ALL epic!)
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2012

Poptropica ROCKS!!!

A great website, no violence, and on some islands, can teach kids stuff. It is very safe, no one can give out private info, and is still fun. Friends can play together (multiverse), a lot of fun costumes. The only slight downside is paying for membership, and non-members can't do much.
Parent Written bynguoi_yeu_hasense April 4, 2012

Great website for all kids!!!

This is a great site for those families who don't want their kids to play something fun and non-violent. Poptropica teaches problem-solving, and independence. It's very fun and addicting and very safe. The scenarios they use in the Poptropican "islands" are fantasy and fictional, therefore the kids are comfortable with traveling to that island. Overall, Poptropica is very supported in our family and I encourage a lot of families to enjoy it also.
Parent Written byLoveSamie978 March 24, 2012

Very good

I really like that my daughter plays this, she always likes me to help her so we have more family time, also she has learned to treat others better. One day when we were at the park a kid dropped his icecream cone(about 3 years old) and she begged me to get him an icecream and one herself of course(: but i think the game sometimes teaches that she should always get something in return which i think parents should talk about with there kids, since every time you do a good deed for someone they help you out in the game, yes i know that. But otherwise i highly recommend it.
Parent Written byballerina66 March 19, 2012

FUN!

Such a fun game for hours of sneakily educational entertainment
Kid, 8 years old March 18, 2012

It is fun

Here is something secret: press shift+ctrl+r at the same time and you can change your character into anything (example:a girl with a football has green skin color and has purple glasses) You can do that until you have your character as desired. Wink wink! hint hint! ;•}
Teen, 13 years old Written byjackcool February 23, 2012

poptropica:educational awesomeness

I have visited poptropica and even played it. and trust me, there is absolutely no way your children can get wrong ideas from this. this is like sherlock holmes. the mysteries of poptropica are outstanding. and here is one thing assured: NO BOREDUM
Parent Written bytjlul February 9, 2012

poptropica 2

Parent Written byDeedles123 February 4, 2012

Sad Mommy and Daughter

Poptropica deleted my Daughter's Account, and she worked so hard on it for 1 year. I made her get off for 2 days, and Poptropica deleted Her account.. Poptropica is Sad,sad,sad, As my daughter would say.
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2012

Good Overall

Poptropica is great for kids around 7 and up, but can get a bit violent at times with prison breaks, robberies, theft, and fighting, though not serious. The ads are a bit of a problem, but, overall, Poptropica is a great site for kids.
Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2012

Fun and slightly educational, but too many ads.

Poptropica can be fun and educational, but there are way too many ads and too much membership items. One thing my siblings like is that you don't have to buy all the clothes, you can costumize, and that you don't have to go on every day. But the ads can get in the way, because kids feel like they need to go on the mini-quests and get prizes. It can be slightly educational on some of the islands, but addictive.
Teen, 13 years old Written byninjaumbreon1 January 12, 2012

Great fun!

I think it is confusing for me sometimes! But it's great because you never die and there's never violence.
Kid, 10 years old December 29, 2011

blimp flying island hopping fun

Poptropica is really fun I love playing it poptropica has some problem solving in it so it's good and fun and you can buy a membership but the good thing is they don't keep asking you to buy it and each time you finish a island you get like there virtual island and you can buy things like outfits for your avatar but they do put advertisments between places.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZeldaLove5034 December 16, 2011

Eh..

Poptropica used to be a really fun site, and I really used to enjoy it. but its not the same anymore, there's a lot of advertising, and the islands aren't as fun as the older ones. language isn't a problem thanks to the canned chat. Poptropica is okay, but it just isn't as fun anymore.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybeliebersarecool December 10, 2011

Poptropica is perfect!

This website is amazing, there are dozens of islands, a new one created every month or so! Islands can be played by all members, not just payed members, but when an island first comes out, only payed members can play it for the first two weeks. My 7 year old sister loves it too, and my friend has a 5 year old brother who plays it! It is perfectly safe, you don't actually "chat" unless you get a room code, where only your friends who you have told the room code can enter. Also, although you create a username when you join, when customising your character you are given a new random name created by poptropica like "happy hippo" or "dazzling bumblebee" Some of the islands have references to educational games, and information on natural history, art and much more! Also, the islands are fun to play, you solve mysteries, save the world from robots, defeat supervillains, become a spy and much much much more! This is a great website for both sexes, and all ages from 5 - 15! Despite the adverts, which are extremely easy to ignore if you enjoy the game, poptropica is a fun, safe place to be! Join now!