All member reviews for Pottermore

Engaging virtual world brings Harry Potter to life.

Learning(i)

Adult Written byJulia from Sweden May 20, 2012

nice

No purchases can be made inside the wizarding world, but a "neighbour" site sells virtual books for e-book readers. The art is excellent and non of the characters' faces are shown, so as not to spoil anything. Potions is wayyyyy too hard, but that's the way it is for Harry, too. I can live with that since everything is seen from Harry's perspective, you are supposed to use pottermore along with the books. I miss PM's and interpersonal communication. You are supposed to collect items, but this looks a lot like stealing to me sometimes. But kids know it's wrong to take what isn't yours.
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2012

A Beautiful, Magical,Clean Experience

Pottermore is a interactive website where it takes you through the chapters of your favorite Harry Potter books! You start out in at the dreaded Dursley's home and travel through the chapters until you get to Diagon Alley where you can buy school supplies for your year at Hogwarts. Then, you take a quiz to chose your wand and you will buy your pet,which is your in-game avatar. When you arrive at Hogwarts you take a quiz to sort you in your house. (Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Syltherin, and Gryffindor.) Once you are sorted your journey begins.Your adventure begins! Travel through chapter finding hidden, object and the story behind building, students, teachers, and much more things around Hogwarts! You can brew potions and duel other students at Hogwarts from all over the world! Overall, it's a bloody good website!
Parent Written byKid at Heart June 14, 2012

LEARNING

Good on-line game for Harry Potter lovers...

This is a fun, free, extension of the Harry Potter world. It appears to be very safe, with fully protected identities of users and restrictions about comments that can be made. The consumerism is really just about J K Rowlings and Harry Potter. There have not been any ads within the game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystrawberryautopsy July 10, 2012

Let Down

This site is boring! I was hoping for something fun because I've always wanted an interactive harry potter site but this was a big let down. :(
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2012

Is it cool?

This is a really good webiste!
Teen, 16 years old Written byiammiss August 21, 2012

Great interactive fun

This site is a great companion to the Harry Potter books. It provides with extra information about characters and locations that you already love in the novels. It allows readers the great opportunity to interact with the books. Players get the opportunity to be sorted into a house, buy books for classes, and explore scenes found in the novel. The site does offer players the option to buy e-books but it isn't a requirement to playing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydanni1 August 21, 2012

AWESOME!!!!!

I love this site! It has a bunch of things that J.K. Rowling never put in the books and it really brings the Harry Potter world to life!!!
Kid, 8 years old March 18, 2013

Its okay for some ages

I played Pottermore myself and its fun, 7 year olds or maybe even 6 who are not scared or don't believe in trolls and stuff that much are free to play, But ages 7/8 are mostly recommended by me.
Kid, 12 years old August 9, 2013

It's ok but...

It's ok but when I went on many people were using improper language. That's why I pick the age of 11 because the kids should be able to know what's right and what's wrong. Knowing this they will be able to report the material, and then be able to enjoy the site.
Kid, 11 years old September 11, 2013

The Best!

Pottermore rocks! It's the best Harry Potter themed website out there. You get sorted, get a wand, and duel! Pottermore really brings the world of Harry Potter to life.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemmygirl December 30, 2014

Potterfans, something for you

This website is cool. Something really good, is the house test at the beginning. For people - who don't know Harry Potter - it isn't recommended. You don't really need to worry about safety or anything, it's all perfectly safe.
Adult Written byrunem December 8, 2014

Keep a Watchful Eye on Pottermore

I've been on the site since the beta period and seen it grow and change and I'll say that if I were a parent, I would keep a very close eye on what happens on the site. While the artwork and content is good and the games are simple and would bore anyone that's not enthralled with the Potter series. This unfortunately doesn't redeem all its shortcomings as to safety. I've seen a few role plays as they're called that seem overly violent, with one going over torturing an individual and disposing a corpse, whereas the other was simulating sexual intercourse. While both of these were not on the main message boards on the site (the great hall, common rooms, dueling corridor and potions area) while trying to go deeper into the story and see more content, it would be easy for someone to accidentally stumble upon this content, with some of it being on a page for the house founders, linked directly to the main message board (the great hall). Really, it is almost a given for the internet, but given that some users do seem to take pains to get around the reporting function, and that at times, reported comments with truly offensive content are reposted by Pottermore's shoddy moderation, it seems to be a wise idea to supervise any time spent on the site, or if your children must, to keep it to the main areas, and moments, where most users seem to police themselves.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2014

Role-Playing can be inopropriate

Well you get an account get some virtual galleons get a wand and get sorted into your house then the fun stops I like to role-play some people are safety freaks some urge to give out personal info some pretend its a dating site some have roleplay marriages some use the unforgivable curses and anyways it's a very diverse site creatures from all over the dimensions come to hogwarts in fact some Greek Gods (Ares) and There's a few angels too some fairies from the magical dimension and even an Anodite (See Ben 10 alien force) and there's a only a "Few" Vampires that sparkle and some normal witches and wizards anyway once someone said go f*** a d*** you s*** and another time You guys b*****
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2014

Very Good

First of all I'm a very big Harry Potter Fan i love this site because it has so much information and tells you what house your in. You can play potter more in PlayStationHome and PlayStationHome can have swearing so be careful of that (the potter more part is just fine though).
Teen, 15 years old Written byminnie95 September 8, 2013

POTTERMORE! GREAT FUN!

pottermore is for every potter fan learing and having fun at the same time
Teen, 17 years old Written bylanagurl14 August 27, 2013

It is fun at first, but...

It is fun at first, but then you start to get bord of it. At least I did.