All parent member reviews for Pottermore

Adult Written byJulia from Sweden May 20, 2012

nice

No purchases can be made inside the wizarding world, but a "neighbour" site sells virtual books for e-book readers. The art is excellent and non of the characters' faces are shown, so as not to spoil anything. Potions is wayyyyy too hard, but that's the way it is for Harry, too. I can live with that since everything is seen from Harry's perspective, you are supposed to use pottermore along with the books. I miss PM's and interpersonal communication. You are supposed to collect items, but this looks a lot like stealing to me sometimes. But kids know it's wrong to take what isn't yours.
Parent Written byKid at Heart June 14, 2012

LEARNING

Good on-line game for Harry Potter lovers...

This is a fun, free, extension of the Harry Potter world. It appears to be very safe, with fully protected identities of users and restrictions about comments that can be made. The consumerism is really just about J K Rowlings and Harry Potter. There have not been any ads within the game.
Adult Written byrunem December 8, 2014

Keep a Watchful Eye on Pottermore

I've been on the site since the beta period and seen it grow and change and I'll say that if I were a parent, I would keep a very close eye on what happens on the site. While the artwork and content is good and the games are simple and would bore anyone that's not enthralled with the Potter series. This unfortunately doesn't redeem all its shortcomings as to safety. I've seen a few role plays as they're called that seem overly violent, with one going over torturing an individual and disposing a corpse, whereas the other was simulating sexual intercourse. While both of these were not on the main message boards on the site (the great hall, common rooms, dueling corridor and potions area) while trying to go deeper into the story and see more content, it would be easy for someone to accidentally stumble upon this content, with some of it being on a page for the house founders, linked directly to the main message board (the great hall). Really, it is almost a given for the internet, but given that some users do seem to take pains to get around the reporting function, and that at times, reported comments with truly offensive content are reposted by Pottermore's shoddy moderation, it seems to be a wise idea to supervise any time spent on the site, or if your children must, to keep it to the main areas, and moments, where most users seem to police themselves.
Adult Written byfrancae April 19, 2015

LEARNING
It is not as fun as lets say other websites cause you don't have as much things to do becuase it's mostly games and some talking. There is no person to customize that goes to diffrent places. But the quizes to be sorted into a house and also the ones to get your wand are cool.