All member reviews for Reflex: Math Fact Fluency

Fun games, friendly guides help kids build math fluency.

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byAraxie_River April 27, 2013

Meh

I really can`t have a proper opinion on this, can I? I find it kind of pointless, and I don't really agree with the concept of how it teaches. As in, I don't agree with needing a certain amount of math intelligence to customize your character. I mean, everyone learns differently, why force someone to use a technique that doesn't work on them? And the characters all look the same, with having to submit to the games ways in order to have more freedom. This website is starting to sound more and more like brainwashing... Oh well. I guess I can't do anything. The bear thing can get kind of annoying. I don't like her tone that much, and she reminds me of my math teacher, which is never a good sign. But all the other kids at my school like it, so I guess in some aspects it's okay. I don't like how our school treats those diploma things like a big deal. I mean, I have to work on homework on computer period, and my computer crashes whenever I try to play at home, so when the diplomas are awarded to students, I can't help but feel a bit jealous for not being able to beat them, even though I could if I had the time and resources. Long story short. Meh.
Parent of a 5, 8, and 11 year old Written bykatiemac May 3, 2013

Great!

I can honestly say this website has built up my children's math in a very short time. I use it for my 11, 8 and 5 year old. While my youngest progresses slower, he still loves the games and the site. It is well constructed with rewards, delayed gratification and reports sent to me their teacher as to their stats. I am very glad to have found it.
Parent Written byamifischer July 17, 2013

Reflex gave my son more self confidence in math!

Reflex's goal is to have the student answer grade appropriate math facts with reflex-like timing. Using fun and challenging games the calculations are introduced repetitively and with increasing speed. My son had real difficulty with addition and subtraction in first grade. By the end of the year, his self confidence was at an all-time low, and kids were snickering at him. Flash cards just weren't working. I found Reflex and he loves it! The games aren't cheesy like you might find on free websites. After using it for 26 days he went from knowing 6 fluent facts (able to immediately answer the calculation) to 138 facts. He's answered over 4000 calculations and he had no idea!!! I can't imagine how long and boring 4000 flash cards would have been, but the games make it so fun that he actually likes playing. He will be ready and on-target (if not more advanced) for second grade. WELL worth the money and cheaper and more fun than a tutor.
Parent Written byEmma_tena October 2, 2014

LEARNING

Not enjoyed by my kids

My children say its boring, and it's not helping. They do not enjoy, but thats only my children's opinion.
Kid, 8 years old March 5, 2014

LEARNING

learning

i think its very important besides your kids going on regulauar games
Kid, 9 years old July 25, 2013

Reflex Math

Its a not-so-fun math program: to me.