All parent member reviews for Reflex: Math Fact Fluency

Parent of a 5, 8, and 11 year old Written bykatiemac May 3, 2013

I can honestly say this website has built up my children's math in a very short time. I use it for my 11, 8 and 5 year old. While my youngest progresses slower, he still loves the games and the site. It is well constructed with rewards, delayed gratification and reports sent to me their teacher as to their stats. I am very glad to have found it.
Parent Written byamifischer July 17, 2013

Reflex gave my son more self confidence in math!

Reflex's goal is to have the student answer grade appropriate math facts with reflex-like timing. Using fun and challenging games the calculations are introduced repetitively and with increasing speed. My son had real difficulty with addition and subtraction in first grade. By the end of the year, his self confidence was at an all-time low, and kids were snickering at him. Flash cards just weren't working. I found Reflex and he loves it! The games aren't cheesy like you might find on free websites. After using it for 26 days he went from knowing 6 fluent facts (able to immediately answer the calculation) to 138 facts. He's answered over 4000 calculations and he had no idea!!! I can't imagine how long and boring 4000 flash cards would have been, but the games make it so fun that he actually likes playing. He will be ready and on-target (if not more advanced) for second grade. WELL worth the money and cheaper and more fun than a tutor.
Educator and Parent Written byBreezieNC October 3, 2015

Too fast!

My son loves this program however he gets very frustrated as he just started first grade and just starting trying to do math in his head. From the beginning the problems move quite fast. If you don't think very quickly and get your answer and it moves to the next problem. My son barely has enough time to think of the answer, find the key on the keyboard before it switches and goes on. I wish there was a way to slow it down and I would've given it more stars. So far he gets excited to play it and then gets very frustrated and quits.
Parent Written byEmma_tena October 2, 2014

Not enjoyed by my kids

My children say its boring, and it's not helping. They do not enjoy, but thats only my children's opinion.