Parent reviews for Roblox

Game creator can nurture skills; games, chat may be violent.

Parent Written byculinwino3000 June 17, 2010

Everybody should play it.

Adult Written byBeetleFrustration October 16, 2015

It's a learning experience- If your kids can handle it.

There are pros and cons to this site. First of all, if you're thinking since it downloads software it downloads malware, you're wrong. It's a safe download, and if you have any trouble downloading there's plenty of help to be found. As for the benefits of this site, it's a very good learning experience for your children. They learn about business and buying/selling, they learn how to create games with the easy to find and very detailed game creation tutorials and scripting tutorials, putting them on the path to learning programming languages (The one used in this site is called ROBLOX Lua, it's excellent), and they learn about how to keep and stick to a budget. There's the option to upgrade your account to Builder's Club, and there are plenty of features to be used with this. However, the site also has some flaws. It's very easy for younger children to end up on phishing sites from bot-accounts made by the owners of those sites. Before allowing your child to make an account, make sure they are aware of web-safety and how to keep their account from being stolen. If your child is educated on web safety (Which they should be educated on before being allowed to browse the internet), there are no concerns.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byNina Traviesa June 19, 2016

ROBLOX

My daughter plays ROBLOX all the time. I decided, as her parent to look into it. I found that it is free unless you want a membership. If your child is interested in programming, then you have hit the jackpot. IN this game, you can create games for others to play and play games others created. I highly recommend you have your child play ROBLOX

Adult Written byMichaelTE December 2, 2011

Parents should monitor their kids, but know that the staff works well to keep the game clean

ROBLOX is a very educational game and inspires kids to learn. Moderators do a good job of monitoring the site and generally keep it safe. Violence is frequently seen in games, considering that this is the type of audience that the game caters to. Privacy is only an issue if kids are not taught to be safe. In many instances, people have complained that their kids are not safe because users try to get personal information from people. Although this does not often happened, and is exaggerated by parents, the fact may be their fault because they are leaving their kids uneducated; this is probably the main reason that privacy is an issue. Another complaint that many parents had was the online dating factor. The site does NOT support online dating, and will take moderation actions on kids that pretend to have "girlfriends" or "boyfriends." Language is not an issue at all. In game chat filters, as well as over the website, there are filters that filter any language besides the minor "hell" that players might try to shout out. Disguising of language to try to bypass filters is looked for by moderators, and is most always found and punished. The final issue is consumerism. This is probably the most major issue on Roblox. There are MANY ads that link to different companies which are place in banners and rectangles all over the site. Parents should know that users can also create their own ads to solicit items that they have created which feature images and captions (which are both moderated). Also, ROBLOX has recently been showing video ads for different companies before users enter a place (these companies are generally ones such as insurance, phone carriers, car companies, and etc. that advertise).
Although Roblox does have its flaws, it is mostly a friendly game that encourages children to build and program. Issues are only minor issues that can be found in a game as friendly as Disney's Club Penguin, but are over-exaggerated often. ROBLOX is probably best for kids in their early teens and up.

Adult Written byhelper + April 7, 2012

love it

i love roblox i have obc and it is fine and good to play

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byroaringmini May 17, 2011

Roblox & legos

I know what your thinking... WHY 7!!!!! I tell you why now.. Ok yes.. There is some killing.. And in some games its like blood... But the blood is transparent red sqaures.. And deaths are just your person falling apart... Its like sliding de-attatched legos across a floor... But there is LOTS of game that arent inappropriate... Such as the Hide and seek in a giant house, Obstacle corses, Roleplaying, And building games... See? I think roblox isnt that bad.. Its just like LEGOS!!!

Adult Written byco p. April 8, 2017

Seriously People...

For all those parents and kids who think Roblox is bad for your child:
Yes, it does have many inappropriate chat messages, *BUT* there is a way to stop that!
1. Go to your settings and turn off chat
That all
Parent of a 5-year-old Written byRocksAndBlocks May 7, 2010

Great Game for all Ages

I would recomend to kid odler then 8 but my 5 year old stepsister plays it with no consern. Roblox gives a chance for kid to grow and devolpe in a creative envierment; it is a great game for kids to play, explore, learn, and advance in this way I would highly recomend Roblox to anyone.

Adult Written byTheDerp October 23, 2015

Stop Hating it, Be smart on the site

For all the people (or kids), You might run into a ODER (Online Dater), These people are EASY to avoid by just walking away, You don't need to ban your kid from Roblox it might make them sad witch is worse than them getting asked "want to date?" So just let them play.

Adult Written byhellaradparenting November 7, 2014

my children love this!!!!!!!

Adult Written bymoonstonee March 21, 2015

Fun But Can Be Inappropriate

It's addicting and everything, but there are a lot of games that are just way too inappropriate and violent. Once, I went to this place called Grand Theft Auto and there were little kids pretending to make out and go to the bar. Of course, if you wanna teach your kids a good lifestyle, Roblox is WAY better than Call of Duty of GTA, but still. Not the best game for children. BTW, there is quite a lot of swearing coming from children.

Adult Written byMr.Wantrin June 1, 2014
ROBLOX Is a awesome gaming website for kids 7 and up.
Adult Written byMrSprinkleToes n. January 6, 2018

Not bad

ROBLOX is a very good game, if you know what you're doing. I recommend, if your child is too young to know most right from wrong, then monitor the child's account. If a user's account is detected to be under the age of 13, ROBLOX automatically filters words such as "idiot", "crap", etc. (I think) to make it safer for the younger audience. Also, in the settings, you can change who can message the child, who can chat with the child, etc. If you truly know what you are doing, and you are willing to monitor your child's activities, then ROBLOX is a great game for them to open up their imagination. I suggest, if you want to make sure your child isn't playing games that they shouldn't be, e.g. shooter games, robbery games, etc. then every so often, just for a few minutes, go on their account, and on the home page you can see their "Recently Played" games. To see all recently played games, you can click the button to the right of that title that says "See All".

Overall, I believe ROBLOX is a great game for children to play, as long as they are mature enough to know right from wrong. And if they are younger, then I'd say it's still good for them to play too, as long as you are monitoring their activity on it, and you make sure they know not to play games that you wouldn't approve of, and you can in the settings change who they are aloud to interact with.

Also, a side note, ROBLOX has a parent page here: https://corp.roblox.com/parents/
I highly recommend reading it, as it tells you lots of important information.

Adult Written byApple J. April 28, 2017

parents beware

"The former rugby league player for Hull, England, claims the game – targeted at children aged 8 to 12 - is being used by adults to groom vulnerable youngsters after finding vile messages from a predator in the iPad game used by his eight-year-old son."

Adult Written byDontJudgeMyWays February 25, 2020

Honestly, Stop Freaking Out!

Yes, Roblox can be a money suck. Yes, Roblox is an online game with player content. Obviously this is going to lead to some more adult themes, but honestly people. I’m eighteen, and not afraid to admit that I’ve been a player since I was around 13 or so. Roblox can teach people to code, it can be a early way for young coders to make money, but even beyond that, the majority of the roblox community is made up of wonderful people. I’ve a lot of online friends (with none of which I ever had a desire to share private details with as a 13 year old or otherwise) that I met on Roblox. And they’ve been nothing but supportive friends, like my own anonymous family. I used to play things like simulators or obbies (a parkour game) and eventually found that a lot of creators make games for role playing in their favorite movie/book/game universes. Most of these roleplay games are not intended for children (depending on what they’re based off of or set in) but have been the reason I found my love and talent for writing. If your child at least has the common sense of a hamster, they won’t exchange private info with random players, not that roblox’s smart censoring systems even allow them to. Some of you say that it doesn’t matter, that they still see adult content. It’s a user run platform. Obviously discretion is advised, as not absolutely everything is going to be contained. Alternatively, you can disable their ability to see or send messages to/from other players and restrict their available games to official roblox created games. I mean come on. What decent parent would allow their children to play some of the few shooters on the platform in the first place? My parents didn’t. Roblox is a safe community made mostly up of great people, which, by nature, is going to have at least a few exploiters and jerks wandering around. Lastly, I see some of you advising people to simply purchase Minecraft for upwards of 25 dollars as an alternative. Need I really remind you that Minecraft has an entire user based game mode dedicated to playing online with strangers that has little to NO CENSORSHIP at all? The four swears Minecraft Multiplayer will censor (IF the server’s creator added such a function) won’t stop your children from exchanging their real names, or their addresses, or prevent one person from calling them stupid. And if your advice was meant in reference of the single player aspect of Minecraft, why did you even bother to allow your kids who have the self directory of a potato to play online user based games at all?

Adult Written byMs.Teddybear1 July 31, 2019

Grandma for Roblox

My grandkids were at my house visiting for different states, 1 Indiana, 1 Georgia, 2 NC, They were all on Roblox but became friends on Roblox while visiting. Since they were having so much fun and were on their tablets, phones, I decided to join them. I created me an account and when they saw me on there it thrilled them. They laughed every time I tried to walk and bumped into a wall. I laughed so hard I thought I would stroke out. We had a ball. And now that they are gone, I can still keep in contact with them and play the games with them, even chat with them. As a grandma I found the chat to have extreme security with a moderator that blocks inappropriate words, even love. LOL I love having this opportunity to join them in play. If you can't beat them, join them.

Parent of a 2, 8, and 11-year-old Written byDa Nerd May 22, 2010

IFFY FOR 11+

There is almost no filter. People can say [email protected] and get threw with it and they can say s--- and get threw. They can say almost any thing. then about 4 hours later there banned for 1 day.

Adult Written byJOMAMA21 May 26, 2020

It's not that bad, In fact it's amazing!

Trust me, I play the game myself and I really enjoy it.
Violence: I will agree, there is some games with guns and knives as well as horror/first person shooter games but they aren't bad, there's no blood or gore and it isn't even all that violent, if you want your kids to not play games involving guns or even weapons, there is plenty other games out there.
Sex: In all of my years of playing this game I have never seen anything worse than one idiot saying "your mom's gay" but everybody ignored him, and yes I have played the hospital game that CSM was talking about, and I never ran into anything bad.
Language: actually yes, just about everybody swears and words like "damn and hell" aren't censored but everything else is just a bunch of hashtags.
Illegal things: There are some games out there that focus on being criminals but are nothing more than cops vs. Robbers. No drugs, alcohol, or tobacco either.
How good is it: Some of the games are actually Very well made and very well done. I highly recommend you play it on a computer or Xbox though as the mobile version often crashes due to big some games are.
The Games To Play: My favorite games are the following and are all free: Prisoners Life, Work at a pizza place, hide and seek extreme, siren head, and just about any tycoon game.

OVERALL: I would let anyone 7 and up play it and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Adult Written byFreeParent May 14, 2020

Roblox

Okay, so Roblox would be good for 8+ depending on maturity, because this game has some sexual content but I think you should just report and leave it alone. They're some people who find cheats to say bad stuff, I would give an example but some kids might be reading. I have a 11,9, and 8 year old who play this and they are really happy. My 11 year old, he develops games a lot and he enjoys it, plus he gets his "robux" from people buying stuff from his game. I think he calls it a "gamepass".
I would say he should get off but this is a safe way to communicate with friends. I suggest this to kids who are mature and think about they're actions. A lot of parent don't see the truth. I played this with my son and it was really fun. But then I saw people cursing so I told him he cant play anymore. Then he kept asking me to try again. I saw that this game was extremely fun for him and I learned about creating games from him. Just some kids go stealing money from they're parents. I'm not saying all just some.

Adult Written bythisisnotadrill April 18, 2020

Give Roblox to your kids

You should alow your kid to have roblox because there is educatinol (plus if your kid likes building expose them to bloxburg!) Roblox is a good game you can also disable your kids chatting go to privacy. There is some good iq games also!