Parent reviews for Roblox

Chance to design games, but also potential for iffy content.

Adult Written byJen H. June 1, 2017

Good, but not perfect

ROBLOX is a game that my children love very much. I have a 10 and 12 year old who have been playing for years. I think that the building is a great way for kids to use there imagination, but on the other hand people say really disturbing terms in the chat, I understand that its life and that I have preteens and I should let them do what they think is right at this age but I really think that what people are saying is not good, well for any age! For example, my 12 year old was left logged in and I saw some things under the recently played section and there was games like "kiss a cute lady" and that triggered me okay. They already learned about the birds and the bees at school, but I will NOT let a silly game tell them about it because the information is inaccurate and rude. The pros about the game is that parents can set privacy like to block certain words that are rude, and our kids can play good games on there like "adopt and raise a cute kid" that is fine and there is other good games.

Adult Written byJohn W. May 21, 2016

GREAT FOR KIDS!!!

Now I don't know what other parents are thinking, saying, and I quote "Roblox is not for kids". Here are some reasons it's a great experience for kids!

1. Roblox is free, apart from the UNNECESSARY purchases to customize your character.

2. There are tons of games for your kids to enjoy.

3. Your child can learn coding and more programming and building his own game.

Now let's be honest, they're are a few violent games, but your character always dies with the same screen: A flash of red and then he explodes into BLOCKS, THAT'S RIGHT, BLOCKS. I guess if you find a game you don't want them playing just tell them, the only other problem is the consumerism, but let's be honest, they can just get a Roblox or iTunes or whatever store gift card and buy some robux with THEIR OWN money, again, it's not a big deal.

DON'T LISTEN TO PARENTS SAYING IT'S "Horrible" and "Not for kids'. This game is perfectly safe and fun!

Adult Written byNiqhtskiess July 18, 2020

Parents are overreacting.

Calm down parents: roblox is probably one of the safest platforms on the internet.

Online dating usually is just children roleplaying and is extremely rare in most games. Any games which encourage dating or include sexual/mature content are removed quickly.

Roblox is not hacked often; what you are talking about are exploiters, who download scripts and inject code into a game to give them an unfair advantage within that game. These exploits cannot harm other players, and the majority of them are legal and publicly available. Exploiting is against the Roblox terms of service and accounts found to be exploiting are terminated.

There is a strict chat filter, however it is often bypassed. You should expect that. Of course there will be swearing online - it is the internet, after all. There are far to many delusional, overprotective parents who think their children do not know swears.

In terms of trolling and bullying, yes they do exist. That again should be expected online. If you feel that your child would be emotionally scarred by being called a “noob,” you are either insulting them, or they should not be on the internet at all.

Trust your child. They are smarter than you think, and if you feel that roblox should be 18+, they are probably smarter than you. It is so easy to leave a server or turn the chat off, and even if they do not, what is the worst that can happen- it is an avatar, and not even a realistic one.

Now that I have addressed the idiots in the community, I can actually give my opinion on this platform.

Roblox is a platform which allows users to play games, customise their avatar, and create their own game with roblox studio. Roblox studio teaches children the basics of coding and can be extremely educational.

The games, however, are awful. With the exception of a few, (examples would include piggy and jailbreak) games would be unoriginal or have little/repetitive/poor gameplay (e.g. adopt me) although these games may be interesting for younger children. Many players are annoying and do not know simple grammar.

That being said, roblox is a platform and cannot change or remove users, games or developers (unless they are violating the rules of roblox.) My only complaint about roblox as a platform is consumerism. Many catalog items, particularly limited items, are extremely expensive and some games are payed entry or prevent you from progressing further without spending “Robux” (the virtual currency) which can only be received legitimately by spending real money. I can understand that roblox is free and needs to earn money somehow, but this is a little greedy.

Also, I am actually 12, not an adult, however after reading many (most likely fake) parent reviews from total idiots, I feel that parents probably need my advice far more than children do lmao. The community is strange nowadays.

Adult Written byroystontube July 10, 2020

the game is very good

Well, Roblox is a very good game. it is a game where players can create their worlds and games for others to play. So, you parents who think that Roblox's main theme is violence, one word to describe you, 'Karen' but their customer service is bad. I agree I agree ok. but some of you, I suspect you aren't even parents ok. because I see that some of you can't even spell. So in conclusion, Roblox is a good game for children

Parent Written byJames E. March 12, 2017
Parent Written byCarla R. January 21, 2017

Access to completely inappropriate media and unmoderated user content

My kids requested to download this app and when reviewing I noticed that this app is a portal to a majority of the stuff I have blocked from their devices. They have access to a variety of games, videos and other media platforms that also are poorly monitored and moderated. Users are frequently using inappropriate language and content on this site and it should NOT be rated for kids as young as 10.

Adult Written byITS GOOD June 24, 2019

Safe for kids

Hi everyone I was once looking at ratings for Roblox and i said yes to letting my child play, i was watching my kid play and I started playing myself it is suitable for under 10 year old.
The bad comments are NOT true it also is a safe place to play and learn

Parent Written byElizabeth R. June 9, 2017

Deceptive Marketing

I have had many kids from my work use this and was appalled by the amount of violence and what I viewed as negative influence in the games. It's true there's a wide variety of games and options and but when Roblox advertises itself as a safe and monitored environment for kids and they have games such as prison break, robbing banks, stealing cars, hide and seek but you are killed and similar. I don't think any child should be playing these kinds of games but to those what about parents that think this is a good website (read what they say about themselves) and lets a child use it without supervision... I'm saying 12 and up not because I like it, but I'm assuming a 12 year old may be more responsible and discerning in worthwhile wholesome games and those who are not.

Adult Written byDmerolesi May 19, 2017
Did any of you actually play the games with your children. The Violence in many of the games is really not appropriate. The Social connections are linking kids to "Strangers- Pedophiles" who are grooming them and talking very inappropriately to them. I sat down and played the game with my nephew that was when we chose a weapon and killed the other players. Not a great message for a 7 year old, I do not recommend this site. If anything turn off network connections.

Parent of a 6 and 10-year-old Written byKaren M. May 7, 2017

Pros and Cons- I did not want to give a rating.

There are many positive aspects to this game; creative for the player and the many different games within this game are inventive, player can create items within the game and make games themselves, the music is good, there are ways for the player to make money and purchase items and has many of the gaming aspects that children seek. Some of the negative aspects are that many of the games involve killing one another with very real sounding guns, it does promote consumerism and since other player can create and share games, inappropriate games will sometimes appear.

One game involved the player using a very real sounding machine gun, on the hunt. The view perspective of the player was through a cloth and to other players it appeared to be a turban. Another game had players with very large penises. My son reported it and that game was gone the next day.
Adult Written byRyan W. March 22, 2017

Supervision

Roblox is a good game, but kids should have adult supervision be caused some people can make sex related games, and some hackers will put sex related items into games. Some games will have blood, and some games in the horror genre will contain jumpscares and disturbing images. Just a precaution.

Adult Written bysam p. February 28, 2017

What parents should know.

ROBLOX Is a online game, which means there will always be bad people. If you tell your children to avoid roleplay games such as "Adopt and raise a baby" etc, your kids will be safe online. In those games there are online daters. It depends on what games you play to avoid these bad people, don't play games that is family related, because those are the games most people come to and troll there and do bad things to children. The parental controls may be a joke, but if you tell your kids to avoid these games they most likely will.

Parent Written byMindy W December 30, 2016

BEWARE of Child Predators

This is a HORRIBLE forum for children. There are violent games, little to no moderation, and ineffective parent controls. My youngest played for only 2 weeks before getting stalked by a child predator. I am unable to retrieve chat logs and can only report account abuse on the specific privacy violations they've written. The chat "limitations" for children are extremely easy to bypass. What a terrible lesson to learn the hard way.

Adult Written bywilliam2003 May 8, 2015

Can be good. But community is iffy.

ROBLOX is good for learning. If your child is under at least the age of 13, please use the Privacy Mode. Some members can swear, and spam.

Adult Written bykatherinetempla... December 18, 2014

ROBLOX is a bit iffy.

ROBLOX is good for early teens 11-13 maybe, no higher, no lower. I have played ROBLOX for two years now, the community, known as ROBLOXians, has been going down hill.
2012: Nice, peaceful.
2013: Scammers looking for "ROBLOX Money:" Robux/Tix
2014: Scammers, Spammers, Swearers & Online Daters
If your a mum/dad, make sure you keep an eye on your kids! Only introduce your child to ROBLOX in their early teens, 11-13 years!

Adult Written byBrian Gutierrez October 18, 2014

Things about roblox and people,bullying,and about places?

In Roblox you can make stuff and talk to people online really fun but if you bullying people will report u to the owner of the place. Don't make people cry and leave cause another people will report u for mean stuff to you. if Your in builder's club u could ban people for mean word to you don't cuss and don't say mean stuff that's more worst. Worst things in ROBLOX that hackers can hack you in ROBLOX don't make people its just about fun and building and talking nice and all that stuff ROBLOX will ban You and never play ROBLOX...??

Adult Written byWarrior cats May 14, 2011
This site has some violence, but not a lot. i have not come across any viruses, and i believe that most games are safe. it is not possible to give out where you live, other than a continent in the safe chat, but people should not post personal information on their profiles, or in the chat.most games are related to teamwork and building, and others teach about history. some work with strategy and others work with time management and planning

Adult Written bymuffin999 September 14, 2010

best 3D game maker

love it! good for ages 10 and beyond!

Adult Written byVinnon December 10, 2009

The best site ever.

I think this site is a safe and creative. I really like the idea of being able to report. I actually have an account (username=Vinnon). I think kids will be inspired by this websites building tools and what you can build with them. Overall I would deffinatly recomend this site. =).

Adult Written byRobloxSucks123 August 17, 2020

its not so bad

i am a kid i posted this on adults so adults would read this i have been on roblox since 2013 and it does have ODers (Online Daters) but those are rare pretty good game if u play some games like "Tower of hell" or Adopt Me just stay away from oder games like ragdoll engine theres trolls on roblox who are exploiting i have lost $70 on my account that got hacked couple months ago and i did not care that much emailing roblox does nothing but idc about those days because there done honeslty i don't recommed putting the chat off because i could make friends and u could to onthere are no 60 year old men on roblox trust me through out the years i never saw anyone say there real age or there real name no one ever says my irl name is ________ or my real age is __ that only really happens when someones freinds friend real life joins a game and says there real name just watch ur kids i mean swearing are just kids thinking there cool by saying stuff like bye 9itches or F------u-----c------k when they look like a fool parents are saying stuff like theres hackers and exploiters but as a exploiter/troll myself i just think its funny to annoy people my favorite part of roblox is the stuff i can learn like lua script python stuff like that and i canlearn to start my own shop or group and all the glitches roblox has is unbelievible like wallhops,ladder flick,ladder bumps and if u report a bug in the roblox website u get money for like doing nothing how cool u could have like 1 mill robux with that robux is expensive but thats because its valuble every couple months i get robux people say roblox is a ripoff of minecraft now its not beacuse roblox was made before minecraft and i am a minecraft player and a robloxian so i basically know everything about those two pc games recommend your child plays on pc for roblox because the mobile app barely gets updated not a bad game