Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Roblox

Game creator nurtures skills, but games can be violent.

Adult Written byPIGLET52 September 26, 2014

Great But...

I love this game but since the update when I try to play a game it loads and then it never opens a window to play
Adult Written byMpawl38 June 25, 2014

Game

This is a good game.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byBxbxbby - February 6, 2019

It overall depends.

Someone who is currently 11 1/2, I believe ROBLOX is an amazing game. Yeah, it may have violence and inappropriate things but that is the reality of our world and we have to deal with it. You should monitor your kid how you want to. There are many fun games for all people. Royale High, ROBLOX High School, and more. Yes, online dating happens but that happens on Club Penguin, Minecraft, Animal Jam, Fantage, and more. We live in a society where things like this happen. And yes, if you want to have your player to look "cool" or "rich" you will need to buy Robux which is a virtual currency to buy items on the site. Yes, you can't get it by playing games but by only buying BUT if ROBLOX didn't have any people buying stuff on their site than how would they grow? Things like this happens in Club Penguin and Fantage as well! There are also good games for your child to experience a virtual job and they require grammar which helps your child in English and Language. If that's not enough, you can also build in script in a thing called ROBLOX Studio which lets you make games and publish them! And they also can learn to script their games which learns young children into coding. They can ALSO learn how to make Graphics Designing and can help them in many careers. Yes, they're user created games but you have to understand that if your child stumbles across a game like that they need to be a big person and ignore it and play a game that is appropriate for them.

Adult Written byhonestlytessa January 25, 2019

How to Decide if your child(ren) should play ROBLOX from a parent who has played the game and monitored her children play it.

ROBLOX is generally a family friendly game, however you should know very key concepts that ROBLOX offers so you get a real grasp of the game as a whole. ROBLOX is a game, where people can make an account and play games. However, these games are curated by the moderators but in my opinion, not curated very good, but more about that later in my review. My first suggestion in considering letting your child play the game, is play it yourself! Nobody can give a better review on how you feel better then yourself. After that, sit down with your child and help them set up an account. Make sure that you connect your email to the account for security purposes like if the child forgets their password and so you can monitor activity. I would suggest making the age on the account >13 as this is the most secure way of blocking any form of inappropriate content from reaching your child. If you do the 13+ option inappropriate content is much more likely to be shown from other users. Watch out for the consumerism of ROBLOX, they have a currency called "Robux" which is basically their own currency to buy virtual items. Robux is really expensive there are cheaper alternatives to buy them, however Builders Club (A montly/yearly subscription that gives daily robux) is only bought directly from the website. After creating the account, go to the settings form the cogwheel in the upper right hand corner next to the Robux amount the account has and enter settings. In settings set up the parental controls to whatever you want. I personally suggest setting off communication links (twitter, discord, youtube etc.) account restrictions and in Privacy settings you can eliminate the entire risk of other players chatting with your child by setting off any contact from other players and let the child enjoy the game with how it is. Overall, with all of the restrictions that they offer and generally just being a smart parent you can ensure that your child is happy and safe and having fun while playing ROBLOX.

Adult Written byDragonMemes January 19, 2019

Its not bad

These parents are talking about "sex" and stuff. 1. ROBLOX has sword games and war games for entertainment mostly tailored to 10+ There are other games like "Work at a Pizza Place" "Welcome to bloxburg" "bubble gum simulator" "Super fun obby" etc. These parents are stressing to much which leads me to point 2 2. Turn on child Restrictions and make sure they use their actual birthday for child restrictions. Also tell your child/children to not go on anything that looks or feels inappropriate. Then put chat and other restriction to nobody and tell them to not talk to strangers.

Adult Written byiiu903 December 18, 2018

robux1000

robux1000

Adult Written byklogreen December 8, 2018

Shite

What a load. Made my son repeat training 4x. Even though he was top of his class, was banned during inspection for an unknown reason and kicked out and black listed. What SHITE! From one adult to another SHAME ON YOU ALL.
Adult Written byPoliveTeamVIP December 6, 2018
Adult Written byHotknniggers December 4, 2018

Its really good because children can practice shooting

Adult Written byAdminCasey December 4, 2018
Roblox games is getting too violent

Adult Written byThesniper10123 November 29, 2018

good but...

ROBLOX is a great game but there are a bit of violence you child might play games like Phantom forces (A FPS in roblox) where there is blood not for kids if they play that

Parent of a 13 year old Written byCK_2005 November 21, 2018

You all are over reacting

I've been playing RBLX for 6 years, its not a sexual gangbanging game! it taught me how to get together and make friends!! I have been turning off online daters apart by telling them the truth about ODing sure, i've broke the TOS ,and got banned, but it taught me a lesson,so get your shit together!!

Adult Written bythe2018boy November 17, 2018

how i feel about roblox

i think roblox is a fun game and is good for kid over the of 10 and up

Adult Written byYeetus da fetus September 13, 2018

the most realistic crime simulator of our age.

this game is my heart and soul. i would sell my children to the devil just to play 15 more minutes of roblox. This is a great use of the money i should be saving for rent, which i make streaming minecraft +irl

Adult Written byHARry PLAYZZ August 21, 2018

ROBLOX ISA GREAT GAME

HI MY NAME IS DYLAN AND ROBLOX IS MY FAVOET GAME IT IS REELLY FUN AND I LIKE ALL OFTHE PEPLE ON IT. IT SI A GRATE GAME TO PLAY WIT OTHER PEEPLE

Parent of a 11 year old Written byPartimereRBLX July 28, 2018

Ripoff and terrible

First of all, I have to say it is fun and great. But after that, there are problems. First, robux is cheap, but here is the problem. My cousin said that ROBLOX ripped his family off by making I’m pay more for robux then the usual. I don’t remember the amount of robux he got but he had to pay 100 usd for a little amount of robux. Also, back in 2016 ROBLOX removed tix and tix was the only way to get free robux. And since they have removed tix, there have been numerous games that have a gravestone of tix in it because roblox had removed tix and I believe this is so that people can’t get anymore free robux and are greedy in money for people buy robux, and I am not buying any robux. Moving on into roblox studio, and its configuring page. I believe roblox studio has improved from my last review on Roblox. But I have one problem. I want to keep my interface the same as always but it will always come back. If Roblox can improve this, then I will make another review on RBLX Studio being improved. Now for the configuring page, I have just one problem... WHY DO YOU FILTER MY TEXT. THERE IS NO CURSING IN THE TEXT, NO PERSONAL INFORMATION AND NOTHING INAPPROPRIATE. So in conclusion, Roblox can be fun in all BUT IT HAS PROBLEMS. By the way, I am not an adult and it says so for some reason.

Adult Written byBloK July 10, 2018

Reasonable Review

Roblox is meant for all ages, but 10 to 18 is what I would say is the best. (besides counting those famous Roblox developers, those are ages 18 to 26.) Roblox alone is a really good game, which others can express their minds on creating and building, with unlimited imagination. Roblox has no swear words, but sadly, some other players think otherwise to that. Other adult reviews are making reviews about other players being older and try to get past the filter system saying profanity, or even hacking the chat system. This has NOTHING to do with Roblox, but I would say ROBLOX needs to actually be more strict with them instead of not reading report reviews most of the time.If a parent is reading this, PLEASE tell you child the following: 1. do NOT give any private information, including the least concern, which is age. 2. do NOT fall for the "free robux" scams, as this will take any robux on your account, or even take your account itself. (if this happens, contact Roblox immediately. even put a parent's email after or before you get scammed, just for proof that it is your parent contacting Roblox if happens in the future.) 3. leave games quickly if something looks odd in the game such as deleted parts, different images, etc. this means the game got hacked by a hacker, or maybe the hacker is still even in the game. 4. make good decisions, do not play role playing games with strangers. those strangers may be hackers or may be above 18 years of age. play with only their good, loyal friends. 5. strangers online come together to make friends with others. they can play games with them, or become friends with them, but just know if they seem fishy, avoid them. ROBLOX does ban players that don't follow the terms of services, so don't worry about that. If one sees another doing something inappropriate or whatnot, you can even report them, but this is optional. As always, STAY SAFE! -2012 Roblox Player, EpicThunder231.

Adult Written bySkinnyLegend June 30, 2018

A Person that play roblox

Honestly as a person who actively plays Roblox I personally believe that if your child is under the age of 13 parents shouldn't allow their kids to play. It has people who act very idiotic and say inappropriate things or commit inappropriate actions. The Roblox censor system is very bad so alot of kids can replace or add letters to be able to say the word. For example, the word fuck, they could say "fvck" . Also, don't waste your money on the games currency also known as "Robux"; it's a waste and the currency gets spent fast. So alot of money can get spent.

Adult Written bymaxresdefault June 27, 2018

great game

its very fun
Adult Written bykulunatic June 24, 2018

we i play and fun :D

robux take pls i obc and robux