Kid reviews for Roblox

Game creator nurtures skills, but games can be violent.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySoulxBow February 18, 2011

Hmm...

I'm 16. I don't know why I play roblox but I guess I wanted to try it out. Off Topic, TONS of innapropriate forums and tons of trolls. Every other word seems to make another user mad. Safety is also a problem. You can even give out where you live in the SAFE chat. To me that's just messed up. I don't think I'm going to stick to roblox.

Teen, 13 years old Written byway245 June 14, 2010

For Any Age

I love this website. You can go onto games and fight or play minigames or anything. The violence is not bad, you can use rockets/bombs/paintball guns/bouncey balls/sling shots/and many other things. This is not bloody. Your kids can learn about scripting, which is an essential when it comes to video game designing, and you can build whatever you want. Parents, there is no filter with language, ive ran into some people who have a tongue of a sailor. (means they cuss alot) but they get banned and cant get back on ROBLOX. You can buy things in the catalog (not real money, your character earns something called tix/robux that you use to buy other things.) And there is one more thing, ROBLOX players can put anything on their game. You have something called decals that you can paint on walls or your house or anything. Sometimes there is blood on walls, but thats only at like a zombie game or something. This also requires a download to play the games, which isnt alot of MB. Administrators are always standing by to make sure your child is safe, like if someone posted a decal of freddy krueger and admin would check the picture and deny it to be uploaded on ROBLOX. So you dont need to worry about anything image wise. There is a 1 in a thousand change that you will find a game where someone cusses. There is a report button too, that you can click put in the characters name, and tell them what theyve said or done something wrong. And the word "noob"is common. This is not a bad word. If you did something stupid people would call you a noob. This just mean you are new to the game or acting like you are. You can make many friends, and if you have any questions, go to the forum, and ask it. Users respond almost immediately and will help you with your problems.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywerened4868 January 13, 2014

HOW TO KEEP YOUR CHILD SAFE ON ROBLOX

Hi, I've been with Roblox almost when they started so I have some good first hand experience along with how to keep your child safe on the Roblox TIP 1: Make sure your child is using a 12 and under account. This means when your child enters a server (game) they will only be able to view and send pre-made chat messages. In any Roblox game there should be a blue chat bubble to the left of your screen in which you can click and select a chat message. You can go ahead and check out what those messages are by playing a game using a guest account. (Roblox will prompt you to select a male or female guest avatar before entering unless you are logged in with an account). IF your child uses a thirteen and up account you will be able send and receive custom chat messages made by other players and you. The custom chat is censored to an extent but many people find loop holes to bypass censorship. (Meaning there will be rude language passed around). To make sure your child is on a twelve and under account you can go to the top of your home screen on a personal account and click the account button. There you should find an option to change your date of birth, ALWAYS make sure your child is using the correct date of birth. TIP 2: Moniter your child's private messages. Be aware that private messages are NOT moderated and it is up to your child to be honest and report inappropriate content to moderators (I will touch on reporting abuses later). You can access your child's private messaging by going into their account and clicking the chat bubble on the home screen in the top right. TIP 3: Reporting abuses. If your child sees something that seems inappropriate TELL THEM TO TELL YOU FIRST before any course of action is taken. Often times children will report perfectly safe things and get in trouble for it. Anywhere in Roblox a report abuses button exists. It should be red with an exclamation mark in front or behind it. If you think the content is inappropriate YOU fill out the message moderators will recieve. You can be punished for a false report so beware. TIP 4: If you want to know when your child is online or not make their password something only you know. They COULD possibly set up an alternate account, if you see them playing Roblox after they didn't ask you to log them in means something might be fishy. ALWAYS tell your child to click the log out button, sometimes you don't have to log into roblox if you have been on recently (if you have been offline for around a week you will have to log in again). However by pressing the log out button you can make sure the next time your child decides to play Roblox you will have to enter their username and password. TIP 5: Tell them to NEVER give out personal information. I would recommend having a talk with your child about not giving out personal information before using the internet at all. TIP 6: Tell your child that if they feel mad at someone for whatever reason to just leave the game. Even with me, sometimes if someone is taunting me or being rude I just leave. I do use a thirteen plus account and this shouldn't be a problem if your child is using a twelve and under account. I only accept friend requests from people I have actually met, however simply accepting a random friend request on Roblox shouldn't affect your privacy AT ALL, it's sort of like smiling back at someone when they smile at you. I would recommend checking on what your child is doing on Roblox about every 20 minutes. If you see something inappropriate make SURE to report it and tell your child to leave that game. Happy internet surfing.

Kid, 10 years old October 2, 2009

ITS AWESOME

Roblox is a kid friendly website that needs a download to play. But it IS viris free and is truste aprooved. This safe online game is fun and is a good way to keep in touch with your friends. And one more good feature, if you are under 13 years of age you are needed to use safe mode. safe mode is a feature that makes you use a series of pre-written senteces that are safe. if you curse it will filter the word and you will be banned.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabatonfan June 27, 2012

Four year player. Parents need to be involved with their child.

I have currently played this game for well over four years and have seen the best and worst of the community. In some of the most popular games, online dating, foul language, and exploiting (people finding ways to break ROBLOX's firewalls to do things from simply adding extra bricks to a published place to inserting severe sexual content) are becoming issues that the ROBLOX team fails to resolve. Though, if parents find places appropriate for their children, the game can become a safe environment where children can practice programming, mathematical, and language skills valuable for a career in gaming design. The community ranges from horrid to superb. There are always your trolls (people posting statements intended to upset certain users, such as "so-and-so is an idiot and should be banned) and buffoons, but it is also known that college students use the site to study programming and enjoy giving a helping hand to newer players. Parents should be warned that there is no way to block a user from contacting your child, and that the ROBLOX moderation and support teams have sup-par responses to issues in its community, including a very rude email from one of the ROBLOX support team when I have sent a complaint about them not taking action against a bully I have been facing for well over a year and countless automatic, fill-in-the-blank, emails for other issues. Parents need to be involved with their children in this game. There is an option where parents can link their accounts to their children's and view things such as punishments given to their child, items bought, and friends recently made. Because this site has a very open filter (the game sometimes filters out swear words and offensive stuff, though it is easy to get around this), there is a potential for very young kids to see something offensive if they are not programmed to not view these chat messages.

Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2013

worst game ever!

I have played Roblox for almost 2 years.I have seen private parts of the body.my dad has been scammed twice because he was charged twice.I have been banned twice for no reason once for 3 days and today for 1 day.There is poor moderation twice I have reported and Roblox didn't nothing.I have been called very hurtful things.There is one person who has bullied me since I have started he has been putting that I have to be banned from his server...that was the only time I reported and it worked.I would not recommend this game to anyone under 18 years of age.They say it is "child friendly" but it is not. There is a lot of favoritism on Roblox because there is an account called ROBLOX that is friends with the server called Apocalypse Rising and that is ROBLOX's favorite server.My dad thought this game was okay at first after the first month there was stuff on boys and girls hangout like 123 for a hot bf or gf.And they will ban you for no reason after the fifth time they ban you your ip. address and your computer.People will make fun of you if you do not have builders club.People have threatened me like saying they are going to kill me.Once I was on a server I got attacked using very in appropriate description.Then I got a nasty message from somebody saying... roses are red violets are blue I have five fingers the middle one is for you.Then the same person said he was gonna stab me with his knife and he was going to shoot me in the eye with his BB gun then Roblox started attacking my parents that they owed them $1800.

Teen, 13 years old Written byZacmac1997 May 26, 2009

An excellent game

I am Zacmac1997, who won WPBC. Roblox is well thought of, and is mostly aged for 10 year olds.One problem is language because in almost every game,( though with report button), People Cuss. But, you can report them. Another problem is diffuculty. The building aspect can be extremely hard. But, if you find out how to play, this game can become addicting!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDiscovery71 September 30, 2011

Roblox was ONCE a Great Game, But has recently fallen apart

Take it from me, a Roblox veteran (4 years on the game), this was once a great game environment for children. You could meet your friends, and socialize, make new friends, and create places for others to marvel at. Notice the key word 'was'. Since 2010, the virtual world of Roblox has become infested with kids who swear every time they fall over. There are now only 3 types of games: pointless, easy obstacle courses, Violent shooters that get worse every day, and places to hang around at where the only 3 phrases you are GUARENTEED to hear are "say 123 for bf/gf", "shut up/ I hate you/go away loser (commonly spell looser)", and/or some sort of Role playing (people create families which also tie into BF's and GF"s). I believe that this is a safety issue which has not been dealt with. Violence i now common on Roblox. When I first joined, shooting games were rare. Games that had weapons were usually designed for older kids. Now that people can create advertisements for their games, many kids (around 4-6) are playing remakes of 'Call of Duty' where the objective to to shoot the other player until his limbs are battered to a pulp. Finally, maney ppz talc liek they doent noe how to spel. If you did not understand that, it said many people talk like they don't know how to spell. It has become rare to find a single word that has been spelt right, creating a concern for later child development. There are SOME "stress on the some" pros to Roblox however. The game itself is very physics bases, with all properties of real life included. Other than that, I do not recommend Roblox for your child.

Kid, 10 years old April 4, 2013

Do not go on this site, EVER!

I would not go on this website if I were you, people call each other 'noobs'. People also swear a lot. Plus, people online date even though it is against the website rules. And also, Roblox is EXTREMELY greedy. There's this stuff called 'Robux' that can be used to buy cool stuff, but guess what? You need to use real money to pay for it! And there are LOTS of weapons in this game. There are, bombs, nukes, and even guns.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIwaki April 16, 2011

Kids shouldn't be on the Internet. Roblox is an example of why.

I've played Roblox for THREE years now. I can say, it's worse than Sonic Unleashed. First of all, they completely ignore any excessive violence. They ignore all reports on online dating. The filter sucks, and noticeable product placement? DISNEY. Users can add drugs into the game, and kids like my cousin feel insecure playing this.

Teen, 16 years old Written byGingerOne January 27, 2017

Boo, soccer moms and underparenters. Boo.

To everyone who hates ROBLOX because of those innapropriate things, I have a few answers. One: If you see any inappropriate games on the site, there is a report button near the play button. Same with inappropriate usernames. If someone is being mean and hurting your precious fee-fees, there's a report button on the in-game pause menu. Two: To those complaining about people doing stupid, vulgar, and inappropriate stuff: Welcome to the internet! People do things like that. ROBLOX is all about self expression, so it is inevitable that some wierdo will do something stupid. If you don't like it, then how about you consider closing the laptop. Just because the moderators have lives and only check the report logs maybe twice a day doesn't mean that the game solely revolves around sex and smoking weed and swearing people out. ONCE AGAIN, this is the INTERNET. When it all comes down to it, if you're mad that your six year old was called a knob in an online game, and it's not just ROBLOX where this happens, I can assure you that, how about you actually sit down and parent your six year old instead of expecting a game to do it for you. End rant.

Kid, 8 years old August 7, 2014

So bad.

I used to play Roblox for almost a year with my friends and at first I thought it was great, but when I realized that people dated, said bad words, put REALLY gross stuff in the internet, and put bad gear, it had to go.

Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2012

If I could I would give this site 0 stars

Hello.I am writing this review to inform you about roblox. Well, first of all, the community is terriable, infested with trolls who will destroy everything you worked for! Also, about 99% of the time very horriable words pass thouugh the moderators such as f*** and s***. Also, often, while play ing scripting games, some one almost always script so that they be sexual with some one else. Not to mention the consumersium! there is ads for everything even for gambling sites, and without builders' club you cannot remove them! Last, there are many people who will hack on to your account and get you banned! So, if I were you, I would block this site! Not recommended.

Teen, 13 years old Written byzc97 March 15, 2010

Good site, just make sure to monitor your kids

Teen, 17 years old Written bypokemonxyex November 1, 2015

the game

Its not good on some games so be sure its ok to play

Teen, 14 years old Written byXTheUnknown November 1, 2014

Before you take too many bad reviews into consideration, read this.

ROBLOX was designed to be a fun site where you can build your own place and make new friends. It definitely lives up to it's standards. There are thousands of users logging on every day. However, you should know that the game page is sometimes loaded with games that have negative concepts. "The Mad Murderer" is an example of these. There are also war groups, and... many games where people die, in general. BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN ALL GAMES ARE BAD. There are fun, safe games to play as well on ROBLOX, and if you are cautious, you can avoid bad games altogether. "Work at a Pizza Place" is a good example. ROBLOX can suggest games for you to play based on what you've already played. If you like a game, give it a thumbs up. If you don't, give it a thumbs down. Nowadays, when you sign up for ROBLOX, based on your gender you are automatically given a terrible looking lego-like figure. Please remove this immediately. Most users discriminate against it and it is only ever used ironically. There are a few other free things you can get from the catalog that will make you fit in better. Sometimes, users will swear on ROBLOX. They only do this because of the poor hashtag sensor system. If we all report the swearing people, we can prevent swearing altogether. Besides, they're all probably spoiled 6-year-olds who play Call of Duty, anyways. Be warned that admin reports are poor. If you report a user, you better have a good, well-thought out reason that anybody can understand, or you yourself will be misunderstood, and banned for a couple of weeks. IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE, I suggest you stay away from battle games like "Sword Fight on the Heights" if you aren't experienced with using a sword on ROBLOX. PLEASE BE AWARE, ABOUT BATTLE GAMES, I think they're only accepted because all players re-appear at a checkpoint if they die. There is NO blood in battle games; the only thing that happens is the player's arms and head fall off and the body disappears, similar to in the LEGO video games. The Forums are a pretty good way to socialize in the ROBLOX community. I recommend staying away from "Off Topic" and "All Things ROBLOX". Off Topic is full of "Trolls", and All Things ROBLOX is almost never on topic. Be warned that the site's premium membership, "Builder's Club", is overly advertised. There are many features that require Builder's Club, such as having more than one ROBLOX place of your own open at a time, creating custom clothes, etc. Builder's Club isn't cheap, either. Before you discriminate against this, how much money do YOU think it cost to run a website with THOUSANDS of users who log in every day? The amount of resources on ROBLOX is so many that they need paying members. If you are under 13, you can't talk unless a parent sets it so you can. They removed the safe-chat feature, so now users who sign up under 13 can't say anything unless a parent sets it so they can, which is hard to figure out how to do. If you have a child playing ROBLOX, or are a child playing ROBLOX, I think ROBLOX is a good site. It requires you to download it's software, which is completely safe. If you're worried about your kid doing bad things or playing bad games or wondering if they're getting their feelings hurt, or whatever you're wondering, just make your own account and follow them around secretly. In closing, if you make a free account, choose your friends wisely, play games with caution, and report the bad stuff with good reasoning, I believe anyone can have a safe, fun experience on ROBLOX.

Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2012

VERY DANGEROUS!

I've been playing Roblox for close to a year now and you wouldn't believe how bad the Roblox community is. One problem about it is too much online dating, cussing, and many other offenses the Roblox community has. Just recently, I had gotten threatening text messages from a person who I had reported for cussing and online dating. When I received the text messages, the player I banned actually tracked my IP address and found out where Iived and threatened to come and get me at my house if I didn't stop playing Roblox. Even though I handled the problem myself, I wouldn't recommend your children to go play Roblox at all!!!! Another problem is the offensive word "noob" a.k.a "n00b" is not differentiated with the word "newb" which a non offensive word for new person. Also, when the players start "roleplaying" they bring up bad topics such as online Pornography, alcohol, and violence. There is a big safety problem in Roblox such as other players always asking your age or the place you live. As always the moderation in Roblox always fails, such as once I reported a girl player cussing it also got me banned even though I didn't do any type of Roblox offense. Even if you report someone, sometimes if they get banned it will just say their account is banned when they log on, but when it says account disabled they can just press accept at the bottom of the screen to reactivate their account. However whenever a player gets banned for something they didn't do they cannot reactivate their directly that day. Like I said the moderation fails, in another way because hackers get away with hacking certain game servers, also there's too much trolls on the website. Even though spamming is an offense, people get away with posting fake in game money scams without being moderated. Another bad thing about Roblox is when you start playing too much you get addicted and aggressive, because when I started playing Roblox too much I started getting addicted and aggressive. The violence in this game is unbelievable, because in certain games you have and sometimes unlock weapons to kill other players on opposing teams or just kill anyone in sight. Also, there is too much horror games which can disturb kids under 12 or can affect anybody depending on how scary the game is. After I left Roblox since yesterday (5/28/12) I wouldn't recommend your kids to play Roblox at all, even if they play as a guest because there is a lot of hatred for playing as a guest! One last thing about Roblox is everywhere you go you'll see adds saying "Buy Builder's Club today!" and don't even bother to by BC because even for classic BC it's expensive, TBC is more expensive, and OBC is 20$ a month and life time for OBC is as expensive as buying a new Xbox 360 or Playstation 3, and the costumer service is horrible and the people running it are very rude!

Teen, 14 years old Written bySalsander December 29, 2012

Horrendous Community Makes Roblox Hard To Recommend

I used to play Roblox a lot when I was younger. The original intent of the game was great, to be a kid friendly game that shows the endless possibilities in building structures while having a fun time with friends. Unfortunately, this game turned out poorly due to its community. Because game worlds are community generated and have little restrictions other than the imagination, almost any world can be created. Although this aspect of the game can the spark the imagination of some, it unfortunately opens doors to offensive content. The games generally created by Roblox users weren't too violent due to its blocky nature, but most games seem to revolve around violence. Sexuality is a bit of a concern though. There are "dating" places were you can role play as a male or female person dating one another, which seems inappropriate for the intended age group and quiet frankly ridiculous. Players can also type inappropriate messages into the chat system without reprimand. Also the community is terrible to each other, new people in particular. Read suchanoddity's review to get a whiff of what I mean. Members spend so much time trying to degrade others. Reporting also is unbalanced and broken. Members can easily get away with swearing. In fact, Roblox doesn't censor key words, so I could easily use the f bomb in the chat system. Some members report others just for their own amusement, and as a result, falsely accused members can be banned. The forums spew hate and pure asininity. The ROBLOX Global page is full of racist remarks, the Forum Games are full of threads called "Rate me" which are there purely to downgrade others, etc. Just look on the website to understand what I mean.The last (but not only) concern I want to address is the consumerism. You can buy a membership called "Builder's Club" which gives you privileges such as more places to create and currency to buy new accessories for your character. There are many divisions you can buy, like "Outrageous Builder's Club (OBC)" all costing a steep amount of money. I usually don't mind memberships because the site must have some form of revenue to survive, but a lifetime membership for OBC costs $350! With that kind of money you could buy an Xbox 360 or iPad mini! Kids will be encouraged to buy a membership because paying members will use their membership as a bragging right. I generally never give the "not for kids" rating (this is my first and only off rating), but to be perfectly candid, Roblox is not worth anyone's time or money. Buy your child Minecraft if he or she is looking for a good block building game.

Teen, 16 years old Written byernesto123456789 February 24, 2009
Teen, 16 years old Written byKumicchi September 24, 2015

Great game if you are mature

Roblox is whatever you make of it. I started playing when I was a fairly mature 8 or 9 year old. I was not a stupid child, I knew not to give out personal information to the people that asked for it. Of course, their were people calling me "Noob!" "Ugly," and other rude things. But their were also very nice people. As I got older, I learned more about the world and became friends with people who taught me a lot. I met friends back then that I still have to this day. There are plenty of horrible games, but plenty of nice ones as well. If a child has a mature mind, then they will be fine. I played games where slenderman would come and kill you if you didn't escape, I also played games where I could chop of peoples limbs. There are very few games where there is even blood, and I knew it was just a game and was not real. I made many friends and I learned what it is to be loyal, to care for people. Every person I have met on Roblox has made me into a better person. I learned how to stand up for myself, I learned how to stay calm, I learned what a true friend is. You can do anything on Roblox, as long as the moderators don't get rid of it. There are people of all ages, and a smart child will know what not to do. Roblox is one of the best games I've ever played.